KIPP Comienza Community Prep School 2

Posted May 08, 2014
I was excited to send my son here for kinder. I went to orientation and I was pleased with the school staff . But now I'm thinking of not sending him here since the school for kindergarten is at seville where this location used to be Halverson Luce mortuary years back. And it's across from a mortuary. I wish the location was else where. When I signed up I was under the impression classes where going to be at the Rita site, too bad there not. Guess I'm sending him to another charter school now.

Posted March 19, 2014
Kipp Comienza Prep is the best Elementary School in L.A. They have the best Teachers, because they care for our children. Reading the previous comments, it's true that they are dedicated working very long hours, including weekends. My Son, had problems with Reading and they worked hard with him, in which now he is advance. If they see a weakness in your Child, they will work with him/her until they reach their goal. Yes, they work them hard because all kids should be challenge, because College is challenging, so they want to make sure they are ready; so what is wrong with that? If you are not happy with Kipp Comienza, you need to look at your own character traits.

KIPP Comienza Community Prep School 1

Posted March 18, 2014
I do not recommend this school My son attended this school for kinder but I took him out mid year for he was having psychological issues. They do not care about the children they only care about maintaining high test scores so school leaders can look good at.They really drill the kids and it is a very unhealthy atmosphere.My sons issues were gone as soon as I changed him schools. I found four other parents at new school who also took out their kids due to bad administration and inexperienced teachers. Parents please do your homework in researching about this school. If you are educated you will not like what you see.Days are long and kid are not well taken care of. There are no fun activities outside of school for kids.This school is obsessed with testing and maintaining high API scores ,Research on this school its not as pretty picture as they paint it to be.

Posted September 13, 2013
KIPP COMMIENZA is a great school, my child has been going there since kinder and he started a little late due to the waiting list process but when he got accept I transferred him right away. I was a little concern thinking that it was going to take him time but that wasn't the case he was right on board with everyone right away. My child had a hard time speaking Spanish and by the Nov of that year he was speaking and writing in Spanish. I was and still am VERY please with this school all of their teachers are very well focused on each and every child's education and development. If they have any concerns they are really quick to contact the parent and arrange for a meeting to discuss ways both parent and teacher can work for improvement. Also, a big plus for me was that I am able to communicate with the teacher directly with any questions or concerns I may have , text or phone call they are there to answer any parents concerns. Yes, very strict but overall really good. My child is reading at a 3rd grade level and is advance for his age but yet they still manage to challenge him to strive for better. My other child will soon attend Kipp and I look forward to that.

Posted June 17, 2013
I decided to wait until the last day of school to put in my imput. My twin daughters just finished their kindergarden year at Kipp. I'm confident to say that I don't regret choosing Kipp Comienza out of 5 others charters schools my girls where accepted to. Both teachers Ms. Maguera and Ms Huberman where amazing. Kipp really does challenge them with their advanced curriculum and their excellent system of values. Principle leadership does a lot behind closed doors to make the school work together. I was not very fond of the office staff in the beginning but they improve a lot. In kindergarden parent involvement is crucial but always difficult because it's our first year and we don't really know the what to expect. I hope we are able to find a bigger location but that is an issue with all charters school anyways.

KIPP Comienza Community Prep School 1

Posted November 01, 2012
My experience with this school was frustrating and disappointing with the Office staff they are very arrogant is so hard for them to hide the fact that they are only there for the money.especially the school assistant principal and the school administrator.I regret enrolling my child in Kipp comienza I'm looking for a news school for next year.

Posted September 19, 2012
My god daughter goes to this school and so far we are very happy with school. The hours are a bit insane. There are schools with high test results and kinder-second have 5-6 hours of school not 8!! For the parent not happy with Leadership approach to problems or issues I suggest you contact the main KIPP office and speak to the executives because that shouldn't be the case. They pressure children on showing courage, ganas, honor, and reflection but yet they are to set an example.

KIPP Comienza Community Prep School 4

Posted September 06, 2012
Kipp Comienza is a great school, my child by then end of his first grade is reading at 3rd grade level. But then again he/she did have the best teacher which was Ms. P. This year my child is in 2nd grade and has a New teacher that just started, we will see if his/her improvement will continue.....but all in all kipp comienza is a great school with great staff, well the staff that started when my child began their kinder, the new staff is ok.

Posted January 30, 2012
KCCP is an awesome school ... academically !! There's no comparasion on the type of academic advancement the students at KCCP make every single day without a doubt; however, Leadership needs to also learn to take constructive criticism from parents without taking it personal. Too many parents are complaining that unfortunately, when a concern is brought up to Leadership a guard comes up and leadership is not friendly in handling the concern, plus the following day there's no honor being shown to the concerned parents e.g. a simple good morning. Leadership need to practice what they preach!!

Posted November 06, 2011
I love this school. Teachers are very strict and extremely committed to the students and their development, this goes as far as receiving an evening call from the teacher just to let you know whats going on with your child. In this school your child will develop a sense of fast pace learning and fast analytic response. I have to say It was kind of scary but was also very amazing to find my 5 year old son researching the definition of words on the internet all by himself. I guess I will have to restrict my internet access sooner than I thought. Thanks Kipp!

KIPP Comienza Community Prep School
6410 Rita Avenue, Huntington Park, CA  90255
Last modified KIPP Comienza Community Prep School is a Charter school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
KIPP Comienza Community Prep School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.