Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 18, 2015
There are so many people at this school to thank I could not write it all out. But his first grade teacher Mrs. Dupract (I'm sorry my spelling is terrible) Accomplished the impossible. She taught my son how to love school again. Mrs. Demicaly you really helped me feel confident that if my son needed anything you would make sure he would get it Mr. Emrich you are not a teacher but without you the school and students would be in shambles. You are the magic glue that keeps everything together so thank you for being as hard working as you are. And finally the best for last Mrs. Goddess in the office. ;) I never actually got her last name because right off the bat of going to this school she made us part of the Annandale Family. She made us as new members feel like we matter. She took the extra time to not only know every child but every parent, guardian, even extended family names. Anytime I needed anything she knew who to call or what to do. To Make a school feel like a worm and welcoming place is not an easy task when you have a family that has nothing but feelings of anger towards LAUSD like ours but some how you did it. You made everyone around you feel safe and welcome to Annandale. So Thank you from the bottom of our harts.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 18, 2015
Each teacher he had at this school taught him and myself something new. Wether it was about rules and regulations or a new math problem. Every single teacher brought something new and very different to the table.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted October 18, 2015
This is based on teacher so I can not say for everyone but what I have noticed is that most of the HW he got from his 2/3rd grade teacher was busywork whereas his 1st grade teacher gave him work he would learn from. But the 1st grade teacher gave a giant packet due the next week (14-21pgs) .

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted October 18, 2015
This school challenged my son for the first time in a long time I did not hear "mommy no school" or "I don't want to go" because he had the teachers around him going the extra mile.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted October 18, 2015
A year ago I would have said strongly agree. but with the new principal I'm undecided. Because how can I expect a student to lean any of those things when the women in charge dose not understand them herself.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted October 18, 2015
A year ago I would have said strongly agree. but with the new principal I'm undecided. Because how can I expect a student to lean any of those things from a women who dose not understand them herself.

Annandale Elementary School 5

Posted October 18, 2015
My son was a transfer student and this school welcomed him with open arms. Anytime their were any issues the vice principal Mr. Emrich was on point. He always new what to do and how to help. Most of the teachers care and work really hard to make sure your child excels. There are only two down sides of this school and if u had asked me last year there would only be one. 1. There is No Parking. (Anywhere) Having said this if u really think about it lack of parking is cosmetic when it comes to your child's education. But.... 2. The new principal. Ms. ... Is the worst principle I've ever met. (And I've seen/ met lots of principles) a.) she is unorganized b.) when she causes a problem She dose Not expect responsibility. She blames others or denies it. c.) she is merely a mouth peace for the district. Sadly the list of things wrong with her go on. However when this woman is taken out of the equation of wether or not this is a Great School the answer is most definitely yes. So despite a horrible new principal I would choose this school any day over any other school in the area.

Annandale Elementary School 5

Posted December 09, 2014
Our grandson was fortunate enough to be a recipient of such an educational beginning. The school s motto says it all, Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible. This adage can be applied to every life by everyone; young and old. This is what our children are coming away from Annandale with. With strong leadership being implemented by our ever tireless principal, Gabriel Arreguin, a solid administrative team including educators, aides, staff members, parent volunteers and our community as a whole, Annandale is in my opinion, one of the best elementary schools in the LAUSD because you know that these young minds are in good hands. No one could overlook the clean, shiny, mirror-like, linoleum floors. At one glance you can see that this school is carefully cared for and cared about. Annandale encourages school pride, responsibility and respect for one another as well as themselves. He still tears up when he thinks about his 6th graduation ceremony and the thought of his not returning to his Annandale family but he also says that when he graduates Morehouse that he wants to go back to Annandale and be a teacher. As he says, Annandale Rocks.

Annandale Elementary School 1

Posted October 11, 2014
This school has gone downhill since the new principal, Mr. Arreguin, took over. My daughter is in a small classroom with 35 kids this year, and she was in a combo class last year almost as big! The former principal knew the names of all the students and was very friendly. The teachers I've talked to are also quite unhappy. I am pulling my daughter out as soon as Celerity accepts her.

Annandale Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2014
The former principal, Mr. Nava, did such a great job. However, the new one is just not getting the job done. My son is going somewhere else for 6th grade.

6125 Poppy Peak Drive, Los Angeles, CA  90042-1331
Last modified Annandale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.