Posted June 21, 2014
Audubon Middle School. This school has made tremendous improvements over the past four years! The test scores improved from 531 API to 733 API. John Burroughs scored 731 API. Right here in Leimert Park, in our own community is a college preparatory, LAUSD middle school. The teachers are excellent and the Principal is great. The staff is caring and knows the Common Core Curriculum. As a parent I went to sit in on classes and to visit some activities. Two of my children have graduated from the Gifted Magnet. Come check it out. I highly recommend the "New Audubon MS"!

Posted July 24, 2013
DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!!! i went here for my 7th grade year and now i have to go back for my 8th grade year. so this is a bad school and im in the magnet program. the students are disrespectful to the teacher. there is a fight every other week. the food here is really nasty. and my brother is in the regular part and the students locked the teacher out the class room and threw a chair at her. i remember in my first semester my 7th/8th grade class threw crayons, scissors, rulers, and a dictionary at our sub. all of the good teachers that care about us left to teach kids who are more respectful. so never come to this school unless it's your last option.

Posted June 26, 2013
I graduated from Audubon in 2011. I was apart of the magnet program. The school is great, and the teachers are nice and willing to help you. I still visit these teachers and talk to the kids. I graduated from Audubon and went on to attend one of the top 100 best private schools in the country. I realized that this private school is not too much harder than Audubon. I would recommend Audubon's magnet program.

Posted September 11, 2011
I have to disagree with the negative reviews of Audubon MS. The problems that existed years ago are nonexistent today. The campus is clean and safe. The Magnet (which my child attends), is OUTPERFORMING many, more prestigious schools. I used to attend Audubon as a child myself, and initially did not want to enroll my child, but I am pleasantly surprised with the learning environment and quality of the homework. Give this school consideration while you look for quality education for your child>

Posted August 24, 2011
Very unhealthy and unsatisfactory environment for your developing child The biggest con of this school is it's quality of students who are obsessed with with gang mentality, ghetto culture, violence and trouble making. During my days in Audubon, fights, bullying, misbehavior, and gang signs and tagging was seen seen on a daily basis. Needless to say, your child's mental, emotional and physical well being will be at a great risk due to exposure of such a harsh environment, and will also be a great distraction towards their education. Many of the teachers and staff treat all the students as if they are all misbehaved, even if it is only a few rotten apples in the class. I would not recommend Audubon middle school for anyone's child.

Posted June 12, 2011
Audubon has and continues to make incredible improvements. As of 2010-2011 school year, I am extremely impressed with the turn around. The school is clean, safe and the staff & Teachers are very dedicated to their students. Students are leaving their charter schools and coming back. Now, small class sizes and the elimination of ineffective teachers & staff have allowed its progress.

Audubon Middle School 5

Posted January 08, 2010

Posted December 16, 2009

Audubon Middle School 5

Posted November 25, 2009
I came here from a charter school and this is the best school I've ever been to. Unlike its reputation I think that you should send your kids here. Its just you need to trust they wont do bad.

Posted October 14, 2009
I went here my 8th grade year in 2008 and this is a good school. Like all schools there are some students that just go to go and dont care about doin wat their supossed to do but alot of kids are not this way. Lots of the kids here are friendly.

Audubon Middle School
4120 11th Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90008
Last modified Audubon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Audubon Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top