Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
Throughout the school ground at Marvin, huge murals are displayed with the 3 B's: Be Respectful Be Safe Be Responsible Students who are caught being respectful, safe, and responsible are rewarded with pencils, stickers, erasers, etc.

Posted December 09, 2015
Great school. Very dedicated teachers and staff. Marvin offers many programs to help every student succeed.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 06, 2015
I'm grateful for my present students in my fifth grade class. What a nice bunch they are. Trying their best on a daily basis, being funny and very creative, being there for each other, and being so kind. Thank you all so much and I will definitely give it my best too, just like you. Together we will reach our goals and make your last year in elementary school a very memorable one.

Posted October 17, 2014
Marvin is a great school. The principle Mr. Chum is very involved with the kids. He waits for the kids at the entrance every morning and you'll see him walking down the halls rather than sitting in his office all day. The teachers are great and caring, well at least the ones I know who are Ms. McPherson, Ms. Woods, Ms. Llanos and Ms. Fuentes. I have two boys and they're are doing great. Thank you staff from Marvin and keep up the good work!!! Also thank you staff from YDP the teachers are also great! Ms. Mitsy and Ms. Reyna! Thank you!

Posted April 17, 2014
Marvin is a great school. Teachers and staff work very hard. I am very happy to see that more and more parents are now getting involved and help teachers to make school a happy and successful learning experience for our children.

Posted August 08, 2013
Very deicated principal..no longer Ms. Cass by the way, she was also great, but Mr. Shum is amazing. Wish there was more parent involvement in regards to the kids

Marvin Elementary School 3

Posted November 04, 2011
We are new to Marvin this school year. We are happy with our child's teacher and feel fortunate to be in her classroom. I experience some of the other staff to be gruff and rough around the edges - not exactly gentle and nurturing to 5 year olds. The office staff are very professional. The Administrative leads are standoffish. Message is: "we want parent involvement". Policy is: "stay out". On the first day of Kindergarten parents needed to go when the bell rung. My child had JUST met the teacher only 3 days before the first day of school. That was sign #1 that there's a lack of awareness of the emotional health and age appropriate needs of these kids. Then 3 weeks later we were told not to walk our kids to their classroom and to say goodbye at the yard. My child was not ready to wander off to the class yet and this was really distressing to her. So the explicit policy is parent involvement, while the implicit policy is drop off your kids and you'll see them (not the teacher - i.e. no check in or feedback) at 2. And the best is that they use candy treats as rewards for good behavior.

Marvin Elementary School 4

Posted May 24, 2011
This is a great school that offers alot of help for students with any kind of learning dissability. Teachers,psychologist and school principal work together to fit student needs. I as a former student at Marvin Elementary and now my son attending here, am very happy and satissfied with the help he has been provided. I recomend this school to anyone who is looking for their kids to succeed.

Posted May 14, 2011
umm hello well first of all i wanna say that marvin elementary is the BEST SCHOOL EVER this is coming from a 12 year old and i have been at marvin since i was in pre-school and it is he funnest safest coolest nicest school ever i just graduated marvin last year in 2010 it 2011 now i really miss marvin because its hard beinq at marvin since i was 5 and then just leaving all of a sudden so i try to back as much as i can but my mom say that no one can pick me up to go to marvin but it dosent stop me i still try very hard to go back to see my old teachers , they are the reason i am who i am today and the reason why i got to graduate from marvin the best yearz at marvin for me was 3nd 4th and especially 5th i love marvin i alwayz have and i alwayz will so any parent that need to find a perfect school for their kids be sure to look up marvin avenue language magnet elementary. i really hope i get to go back to marvin because its the place tht i had the best moment of my life, u can see how much it means to me,when i was there i couldnt wait to leave but now i reqret it and wish i was there again but i know tht can happen again..well i love you marvin and i always will GO MARVIN

Posted September 15, 2010
Congratulations MARVIN on your achievement score of 806 ! You did it ! Your hard work has paid off.

2411 Marvin Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90016-1910
Last modified Marvin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marvin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top