Los Angeles, CA

Posted August 12, 2014
My Son attending 1 st grade. I love the small community and teachers. Great school.

Posted October 28, 2013
A wonderful school. This school has a great community feel - the faculty, parents and students all seem to really enjoy each others company. I am really pleased that my child is learning math with the Singapore Math program. It is the way that I believe Math should be taught - with an understanding of the concepts rather than sheer memorization. So glad we get to be part of this school.

Posted October 21, 2013
Melrose Magnet is a small community of parents, teachers and students who are dedicated to the education and growth of the students. The children at Melrose are learning from Project Based lessons, Singapore Math and hands on computer time. I have been a parent at Melrose for 6 years and feel it is an excellent choice for those looking for public elementary schools. One last thing: The Principal is fantastic and very dedicated.

Posted October 20, 2013
Melrose has proven to be a truly exceptional school from the teachers to the staff to the parents and of course the students. My child feels academically challenged, socially nurtured and creatively engaged in all areas of student life. Go Melrose!

Posted October 20, 2013
Proof that investing in public schools WORKS! An outstanding staff, a curriculum dedicated to the belief that if you teach to the top of the class all children will rise to the challenge, and a parent community that is a family. Students thrive academically and socially in this beautifully diverse school. Melrose Magnet is well ahead of the curve in everything you could want for your child.

Posted October 17, 2013
If you are looking for a truly diverse community where all children are respected and expected to excel, then Melrose Elementary is for you. We are so thrilled to be part of such a dynamic community. Our son is thriving and we all love spending time with our Melrose family. The staff and parents work together to make Melrose Elementary an exceptional environment.

Posted October 16, 2013
My son attended another school during his 1st grade year, although we liked his other school I truly didn't believed that it was the school for him. I knew he needed something more, something that would nurture his creativeness and grow innate seeds that he didn't have an opportunity develop before. This was met at Melrose Elementary. I am always amazed at the staff, teachers, and administrators who really dedicate time, not only to my son but to each student. IT'S an AMAZING place for him as a student, and as a parent to know that there is such a school that really wants to make a difference for the students, parents, and the community. WE LOVE! Melrose Elementary School.

Posted October 16, 2013
My daughters both attend this school. I loved it from the first time I stepped foot in the vintage auditorium, and I have come to love it more every day because of the dedicated staff and the amazing community of families! My daughters have blossomed - great friends, loving to read AND do math - I couldn't ask for more. There are incredible opportunities to get involved, and the parents do! From the parent who organized the school's participation in the Global Cardboard Challenge, to the group of parents who recently threw a school wide Korean BBQ and Movie Night fundraiser, to the parents who greet you in morning at the valet drop off and pick up your recycling from you at the same time, this is a remarkable oasis in the heart of Los Angeles. Our family is so fortunate to be part of it!

Posted October 08, 2013
Our school is the little school that can! We have the most incredible teachers, para educators and parents. Our community is like no other - it is a family. It is a wonderful place to know that my children are all day long.

Posted October 08, 2013
Be ending at Melrose has been a great experience, way beyond my expectations of a public school. Melrose star teachers are the best.

Melrose Elementary School
731 North Detroit Street, Los Angeles, CA  90046
Last modified Melrose Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Melrose Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top