Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Posted May 23, 2016
Thank you to the amazing and caring teachers at Melrose for creating a place where my daughters want to go to school EVERY DAY!

Posted May 06, 2016
I have a dyslexic child who needs accommodations. His 2nd grade teachers Ms. Miyaji and Mr. Gaffield were already implementing the kind of things he needs. Once he got the proper tutoring at home, he was able to soar at school. We love Melrose!!

Posted November 18, 2015
Best school for my 2 nd grader. Special Thank you to teacher Mr. Whillis and Mr. Whalen , Mr. Garfield. Small Community and great school.

Posted October 18, 2015
Ms.Agamegwa, Ms. Mendoza, and Ms. Valera are the teachers my kids have gotten. They are absolutely AMAZING!! The whole staff is great!

Posted October 18, 2015
I toured many LAUSD STEAM schools before I found Melrose. My kids love Melrose and so do I. The teachers and staff are amazing. They truly care about their students. The parents are very involved and there is a great pto. One of the reasons I choose this school was because its pretty updated with all the technology. K-2nd grade use iPads in class and 3-5 use laptops in class. It is also a very diverse school. The kids are polite and get a long well. I live 30 minutes away from Melrose but it honestly was a great choice for my kids.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 28, 2015
According to the teachers, they do well enough during the day. I see the result and improvement. They still gets homework such as writing, math solve , IXL. I think it is good enough.

Posted September 28, 2015
Small community and great teachers. My son is 2nd grade and he loves Melrose. Never had any issue.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 26, 2015
My daughters are in 2nd and 4th grade. They love school. They were excited to go back and they are excited to go in every day. They come home excited to tell me about what they learned. In the first month and a half of school, my second grader has gone from feeling a little insecure about reading a chapter book aloud, to proudly finishing Grade 3 level books that she has checked out of the school library.

Posted September 26, 2015
My daughters both attend this school. I loved it from the first time I stepped foot in the vintage auditorium, and I have come to love it more every day because of the dedicated staff and the amazing community of families! My daughters have blossomed - great friends, loving to read AND do math - I couldn't ask for more. There are incredible opportunities to get involved, and the parents do! From the parent who organized the school's participation in the Global Cardboard Challenge, to the group of parents who recently threw a school wide Korean BBQ and Movie Night fundraiser, to the parents who greet you in morning at the valet drop off and pick up your recycling from you at the same time, this is a remarkable oasis in the heart of Los Angeles. Our family is so fortunate to be part of it!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 26, 2015
This year, I feel that the school has found the perfect balance of homework for their students. It is just enough to teach time management and not so much that it interferes with outside activities, play or family time.

731 North Detroit Street, Los Angeles, CA  90046
Last modified Melrose Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.