Posted November 19, 2010
I hate to say it but, I'm an alumni from Theodore Roosevelt High Class of S66. I recently had the opportunity to visit the school grounds and I felt embarassed to see it in such a horrible shape, from if you want to call them students that to me they're nothing but trash to the faculty, but, I couldn't tell who were the students and who was the staff, they all looked the same; it's no wonder they have the highest uneducated and low number of graduates oh but they hold the highest in pregnancy. What a disgrace of institution. Since the standards of education were lowered so were lower of people attending the school and staff as well. Can't even rate the school

Posted September 29, 2010
i am a parent of a current attending child. we are currently checking him out. there is to many cholos, gangsters. he was being jumped and threatened. the school is to crowded and hasto many old things. if u ask me roosevelt need a makeover. dont attend this school. if you have an opptunity to attend a better school do it. i would not even give this school as a suggestion. DONT ATTEND ROOSEVELT HIGH SCHOOL

Posted June 11, 2009

Theodore Roosevelt Senior High 0

Posted March 31, 2009
My child attended this 'building' because I definitely can't call it a school for a short period of time. The school was extremely over crowded; dirty and the faculty lacked some serious training/education. Coming from a private school to this pathetic place was a nightmare. Good luck to the kids that attend, if you don't put forth the effort you will definitely fail in this place.

Posted January 13, 2009

Posted December 29, 2008
I believe that a true leader makes the best out of what they are provided. Roosevelt provides me with a home and the warmth I need to succeed. Yes, I understand that being one of the largest schools in America, Roosevelt is overcrowded and lacks both parent and student particiaption. But students shouldn't discouraged by this. When my peers had no motivation to succeed, I did. I've had self-motivation and a will power that will get me far. I am currently the valedictorian at Roosevelt and I can proudly say that this school has prepared me for great things. I have been accepted to MIT because of not only my achievements but also the support that staff at Roosevelt provided. I disagree with those who blame Roosevelt for their lack of preparation. There are many resources at Roosevelt, one just has to go in search of them. Go Rough Riders!

Posted November 11, 2008
I am a former student. This school did not prepare me well for college. If it wasn't for the magnet program and one good counselor I would have overlooked applying for college. Although I was accepted to a university I struggled academically. Please go somewhere else, but If you have no other alternative but to attend this overcrowded school, you need to keep yourself afloat. You can easily fall through the cracks due to the overcrowding.

Theodore Roosevelt Senior High 2

Posted October 07, 2008
It's an over crowded school. The principal does not get the help she needs. Money is more important than the quality of service the students receive. Typical of company greed.

Posted July 18, 2008

Posted March 23, 2008
I think Roosevelt is excellent. It's rich in cultural and it has amazing school spirit! The acedmics are wonderful and I really enjoy the school. I feel safe.

Theodore Roosevelt Senior High
456 South Mathews Street, Los Angeles, CA  90033
Last modified Theodore Roosevelt Senior High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Theodore Roosevelt Senior High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top