K-8|Private

Bad
Good

My daughter had a special circumstance and I have to say that all the teachers in the school and the principal made every effort possible to help her. Wonderful teachers, and principal. Very caring staff, and very supportive. Even spent time with my daughter after school at no extra charges.

This school is awesome i have nice friends and a lot of sports equipment, and every year i have a great time and I'm going into middle school this year and i am very excited and nervous.

Our daughters have been enrolled in this school since preschool and will be also be attending middle school at WLS next year. This school has been a very good experience for us. The student/teacher ratio is very low, so the children are getting a a great deal of one on one attention. Every year we are happily surprised our new teacher is as good, if not better, than the year prior. Many of the teachers have been there a very long time, in fact many attended WLS themselves. I find this to be a tell-tale sign of a cohesive school. As a parent volunteer, I enjoy being able to be part of their great art program. I am able to become acquainted with my daughter's peers and bond with the other parents. We have developed many great relationships with the classmate's parents. If I had to find a negative aspect of the school, I would say I wish the playground was larger, but hey, we live in L.A.

I graduated from WLS in '95 and it definitely set me up for success in attending high school. I went to Palos Verdes Peninsula High School and had no problem picking up right where I left off. I went on to attend and graduate from West Point so if you have any worries as to the quality of the education don't. Its top notch.

I am thankful we chose to send our children to WLCS because overall they have turned out to be much more conscientious than their public school neighbors. If you are choosing for academics, you may be at the wrong school. I do not think the cost of tuition was worth the academic value. Teachers have been there forever and are tired and burnt out. I believe a motivated child could get just as good of an education at local public schools, as long as they do not bow to peer pressure. If you are choosing to raise an overall wholesome child, this is a great environment. Good grades are cool, smoking and drugs are not. Parent Involvement is mandatory, which causes disgruntled involvement. They should reward families with tuition brakes, not penalize for missed hours.

This school is amazing. I've personally been at this school for 8 years and don't have one complaint.

this school is the best. I not onl;y gives up a good foundation but we have so much fun like on Harvest Festival, Heritage Day, October Fest, and so much more.

The staff is so amazing with all the children.

WLMS is a wonderful school, we're really glad that we chose to send our daughter here instead of Orville Wright MS. Teachers and Principal Lillie are great instructors and role models for the kids. Thanks WLMS!!

The elementary school is wonderful. The teachers are caring and the principal is amazing. The two years my daughter has been at the middle school though have been disappointing. We love the principal but she cannot do anything about the teachers that should have retired many moons ago!

Last modified Westchester Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8