Bad
Good

El Camino High School 3

Posted January 09, 2015
Here's hoping that the new school year of 2014-15 will be better than the previous years. Under new leadership; Principal Alex Bennett. He does not seem to be tarnished by the "good old boy's network" that has plagued the OUSD district. Only time will tell. Unfortunately, our system is broken and unless some major changes are made in the public education system, we will continue to produce students who are not prepared for college. As long as we continue to accept that mediocrity is acceptable.......things will never get better!!!!! It's time to get rid of tenure and start holding teachers accountable. It's time to ditch the unions and start holding classified employees accountable. It's time identify the GREAT teachers and GREAT employees and mimic them. It's time to set our standards higher and hold people accountable. Once these sort of changes are made...then and only then will we start to see improvement.

El Camino High School 1

Posted November 14, 2013
To the parents that wrote that its a great school, I am glad you had a good experience with the site leaders. Please ask the principal, if he has ever taken cash from a parent (Military Officer) to get head of the line service during a basketball game or if that officer conduct was honorable in using the relationship with him to do so. If you are in his or the staff inner circle, he and the staff treats you with a lot of respect. But if your not good luck...

El Camino High School 1

Posted November 13, 2013
Your gut is wrong. I am a mature and well-educated parent with reasonable expectations for public education. I'm not sure why you would think otherwise just because my experience is different from yours. I am sharing what I have personally experienced in a truthful and honest manner. I could just as easily say that my gut tells me you are the principal or one of his lackeys because that's how he operates, but I won't stoop to your level.... I AM A PARENT of students who go to El Camino HS. The school is less than impressive and it's principal is terrible. He is a 'school-to-prison-pipeline' kind of guy. I have had several staff members tell me how much they dislike this guy and how he operates. He has no problem lying to your face if it accomplishes his goals. As far as the staff goes, there are a few good teachers and the secretaries are helpful, but most of the faculty are slow to respond to phone calls or emails, etc. And they rarely offer any real help. Mostly they seem programmed to say how overworked they always are and to 'check the school loop.' The problem is that the school loop is usually weeks (or even months) out-of-date, so it is not much use at all.

Posted November 13, 2013
I am responding to the recent post by a parent dated Nov 12, 2013. First of all, I am a parent of two students who have, or are currently attending El Camino. I'm disappointed with the response and this parents experience has not been my experience. (My gut is telling me a student wrote it. - or a very immature parent). I have found Principal Rowe to be an effective leader and administrator. The teachers do have an increased work load due to over filled classes but they always respond to my emails the same or next school day. I have found the counseling team to be super and very involved with the students under their supervision. I am very pleased with the education that both my students are or have received at El Camino.

Posted May 22, 2009
El Camino has plenty to offer, ASB always have different events going on. The AP program is also outstanding and the teachers are great!

Posted July 20, 2008
I am currently an incoming junior at this school and I absolutely love it. El Camino is an incredibly diverse school with so many oppurtunities available to EVERYONE, not just those who happen to have high test scores. The teachers are fun and create an amazing and sfe learning environment for everyone.

El Camino High School

Posted April 29, 2008
I 'm so happy for our Granddaughter attending E.C. She love's school and her teacher's. Her brother graduated from E.C. and is now at Berkeley doing great .I expect our granddaughter to follow in her Brother's foot step .We owe it to the caring and support from the teacher's . Keep up the good work

Posted September 26, 2007
I am currently attending this school, and it does its best to get its students active in school activities. It also has many intresting choices for electives, and credit recovery as well. They challenge you and help you to learn responsibility and excel in your studies.

Posted July 18, 2007
I just graduated. on june 13th, 2007 and Im very excited that I get to say that I graduated from this school. The teachers their are very helpful in every way possible. I wouldnt have gone anywhere else.

El Camino High School 4

Posted March 28, 2007
My daughter is a sophomore this year and is excelling. She has high hopes for herself and her teachers and counselor are supportive and nudge her to push herself beyond her comfort level.

El Camino High School
400 Rancho Del Oro Drive, Oceanside, CA  92057-8316
Last modified El Camino High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.