Posted November 14, 2013
This is still a good school in spite of other parents experiences. No doubt some staff members will be unhappy for whatever reason. I have only experience professionalism, courtesy and prompt response to whatever question or request. I've had 3 kids go through this school. Help is always available for the asking. One of the options we have in this district is school choice. The thing is, you can opt out of El Camino, but you have to get on the waiting list to get in. We are no longer using School Loop also. The new program is called Aeries and is very much up to date. My daughter uses it all the time to do her daily homework. ECHS is also ranked as one of the top schools in the country, as well as California by US News and World Report.

El Camino High School 1

Posted November 14, 2013
To the parents that wrote that its a great school, I am glad you had a good experience with the site leaders. Please ask the principal, if he has ever taken cash from a parent (Military Officer) to get head of the line service during a basketball game or if that officer conduct was honorable in using the relationship with him to do so. If you are in his or the staff inner circle, he and the staff treats you with a lot of respect. But if your not good luck...

El Camino High School 1

Posted November 13, 2013
Your gut is wrong. I am a mature and well-educated parent with reasonable expectations for public education. I'm not sure why you would think otherwise just because my experience is different from yours. I am sharing what I have personally experienced in a truthful and honest manner. I could just as easily say that my gut tells me you are the principal or one of his lackeys because that's how he operates, but I won't stoop to your level.... I AM A PARENT of students who go to El Camino HS. The school is less than impressive and it's principal is terrible. He is a 'school-to-prison-pipeline' kind of guy. I have had several staff members tell me how much they dislike this guy and how he operates. He has no problem lying to your face if it accomplishes his goals. As far as the staff goes, there are a few good teachers and the secretaries are helpful, but most of the faculty are slow to respond to phone calls or emails, etc. And they rarely offer any real help. Mostly they seem programmed to say how overworked they always are and to 'check the school loop.' The problem is that the school loop is usually weeks (or even months) out-of-date, so it is not much use at all.

Posted November 13, 2013
I am responding to the recent post by a parent dated Nov 12, 2013. First of all, I am a parent of two students who have, or are currently attending El Camino. I'm disappointed with the response and this parents experience has not been my experience. (My gut is telling me a student wrote it. - or a very immature parent). I have found Principal Rowe to be an effective leader and administrator. The teachers do have an increased work load due to over filled classes but they always respond to my emails the same or next school day. I have found the counseling team to be super and very involved with the students under their supervision. I am very pleased with the education that both my students are or have received at El Camino.

El Camino High School 4

Posted August 01, 2009

Posted May 22, 2009
El Camino has plenty to offer, ASB always have different events going on. The AP program is also outstanding and the teachers are great!

Posted February 06, 2009

Posted September 04, 2008

Posted July 20, 2008
I am currently an incoming junior at this school and I absolutely love it. El Camino is an incredibly diverse school with so many oppurtunities available to EVERYONE, not just those who happen to have high test scores. The teachers are fun and create an amazing and sfe learning environment for everyone.

El Camino High School 0

Posted April 29, 2008
I 'm so happy for our Granddaughter attending E.C. She love's school and her teacher's. Her brother graduated from E.C. and is now at Berkeley doing great .I expect our granddaughter to follow in her Brother's foot step .We owe it to the caring and support from the teacher's . Keep up the good work

El Camino High School
400 Rancho Del Oro Drive, Oceanside, CA  92057
Last modified El Camino High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Camino High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top