Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I just received an email to leave a review for teacher appreciation week... So: I must say that this year has been very good. Mrs. Guthrie is our 1st grade teacher this year and my child just loves her. Mrs. Guthrie is very patient and encouraging. The school is even going on a field trip to the Zoo this month. Also, the after school care program has been awesome. They seem to be much more organized than last year. Mr Armani, Mr Nelson and Ms Cassandra have all been great leaders for the kids. Good things like these far outweigh the not-so-perfect about the school.

Develops character: Disagree

Absolutely NOT!!! This school is not the place to send your child if you value honesty, integrity and fairness...

I'm with the others who have given this school one star....TERRIBLE....once upon a time this was a GREAT school- DO the RESEARCH and I guarantee you will not be pleased with the results- I'm having a hard time believing the people who have rated this school anything over one star are actual PARENTS....if your children have attended this school you know this school is a 1 star school....truthful parent

This school has been plagued with many problems, some of which include lack of parent participation in their child's education, and communication difficulties. However, this school has undergone many changes and improvements- including Dr. Gina Zyburt. Dr. Zyburt has dedicated herself to motivating staff and students to improve their scores, and her record shows that our school has improved consistently in her two and a half years here. Reynolds has been chosen to receive iPads for the student due to their use of technology. Also offered, is a transitional kindergarten for children whose birthdays call a month or two short of this years kinder cut off, as well as a Spanish immersion kinder class. It is a dual language program exclusively at Reynolds. There are a lot of fundraisers and free events offered throughout the year to try and encourage a sense of community. Give us a chance and you will see our changes!!

If you have a choice...DO NOT send your child here. Although my child's Kindergarten teacher is excellent, she struggles with still teaching bilingual children their alphabet and sounds 7 months into the school year...leaving my child (who can already read) bored. The school is overcrowded & dropping/picking up your child from school is a MAJOR PAIN!!! Waiting in line for at least 20 minutes to get to the front! Not once did the kindergarteners take even a simple field trip to the fire dept, or anywhere else. They constantly have fund raisers, which only ever pay for 5th graders activities. Obviously this school is lacking in funds from the district to supply a memorable experience for the majority of children/parents.

My son started at this school this year as a second grader and I have to say I LOVE this school. I had so many problems with his last school and Reynolds just outshines any other school I looked at by far. The staff is caring and always willing to help, his teacher is excellent and overall it is a good strong school. I am very happy I enrolled my son here

Excuses will not excuse this school. Look at the scores and the state similar schools ranking. Great schools rating of 4? Do research. Something is amiss and its the kids education that suffers.

We are so glad our kids are out of there. We saw how those Teachers turned on the brave PTO Group that accidently discovered the Principal had been stealing from the kids, the school and the District. at 2 different schools. Even after she went to jail some tried to raise funds for her by selling "Restitution Bread" to teachers & parents. The Principal also allowed a family member to cater lunches there to raise money in her support. They are a vindictive group with a mob mentality. There are a few good Teachers there but not many. Very few ever participated in fundraisers, helped with school beautification projects or showed up for the end of year celebrations. Look at scores and run. It is known as an old school where Teachers go to pad a few more years to their retirement. Just so you know a teacher and the Principal monitor the site daily and write the positive reveiws to counter the truth. Weak Leader & weaker Team!

This last person sounds disappointed because they sure sound like one of the teachers that the reviewer before spoke of, all correctly. I too, along with many other families, bailed on Reynolds when this situation with the previous principal occured. Not because of the crooked principal or even the new principal who we have no issue with at all. She's quite good actually. The issue with this school is indeed the teachers. Several of them are rude to parents, students (I've witnessed three of them yelling at students at the top of their lungs) they were incredibly rude to the ladies who had the bravery to uncover and report the theft that was occuring. Many of them are burned out and really need to retire. I agree with you though, check the school out. There are a handful of teachers there that make it a great place for your kids. You need to find out who they are and get your kids into their classes and ignore the rest.

I am very disappointed in the review from May 2, 2011 - the dredging up of issues that happened in Spring of 2009, were dealt with by authorities and are NOT affecting our school now. We have a GREAT principal, wonderful teachers, and a very active PTO! Tthere are problems - budget cuts, increased class sizes, lack of material, and lack of parent participation! I am very happy to have found this school. You will see how hard the teachers work with very little resources. Their test scores are skewed by their "genetic" make up -A number of students are English as a second language with Spanish speaking parents. Reynolds has made great strides to keep educating our children in the midst of one of the biggest budget crises in California. I emplore you to visit this school first before making your final decision

Last modified Reynolds Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.