Bad
Good

Posted October 24, 2013
HBES is a school where all the teachers want to teach and all the families want their kids to go there. The teachers are long time, experienced and excellent teachers. Their experience provides students with a solid and reliable education, yet the enthusiasm has not wained. The staff is very professional.

Hollywood Beach Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2013
This used to be a great school but budget cuts, transfer students, overwhelmed teachers and gossipy parents have taken it's toll on this school. The school seems to only teach what will be on the state tests. And some teachers like Ms. Kildee should not be teaching kids period. My child lost an entire year to Ms. Kildee, he is so behind because she didn't care or teach! The PTA parents seem to rule this school, in fact there are a couple parents who come to school every day to both lunch and to "help" in the classroom and tell all the kids what to do, then gossip about what other kids are doing wrong. I can't believe this school allows these parents to control so much. Many kids I have know who have graduation from HBS were not prepared for middle school, even GATE students have been behind going to middle school. It's sad because this school used to be a great neighborhood school.

Posted August 01, 2013
My school is excellent and rated a 10. Could not be happier and more pleased with this school.

Posted June 14, 2013
Hollywood Beach School. My son just graduated from HBS after 7 years and we are so sad to say goodbye. HBS cares about their kids as if they were their own! The teaches are TOP notch and I feel my son is ready for the challenges of Middle School! Thank you HBS for nurturing the academic development of my child.

Hollywood Beach Elementary School 2

Posted June 12, 2013
I have found the principal to be very naive. The secretary uncaring, inadequate, uncooperative, gossipy, and two faced. She really needs to retire. She doesn't seem to like her job or care about children's feelings whatsoever. Move along. Ya the tests scores are high if that's all you care about. How about teaching values. Help one another and caring about others? This school is SO over-rated. Teachers have favorites. Yard duty ladies do t watch the kids well at all. Just gossip during their shifts. I would not recommend this school is you want your child to become a loving, caring human being. They have no feelings whatsoever.

Posted June 26, 2012
It was another great year at Hollywood Beach School. They have great teachers and principal. My daughter is doing well academically and loves her school.

Posted June 25, 2012
My son just finished his first year at Hollywood Beach. He was in 4th grade and i have to say this school was excellent. He transferred from Hathaway. I like the fact that his 4th grade class was a mix of 4th and 5th. His teacher was very nice and you could tell she really cared. I do wish that they would have more homework. I believe that it is the best elementary school in Oxnard.

Posted April 09, 2012
The best school in this area. We were fortunate enough to be able to transfer here since the other schools didn't have high test scores for the NCLB act. Everyone here is nice and supportive. They always answer questions and care about the students. We also don't have to worry about spanish speaking students taking time away from kids who actually speak English. All the other schools cater to the spanish speaking kids and it's wrong. I wish all schools were like Hollywood Beach.

Hollywood Beach Elementary School 1

Posted October 10, 2010
Not supportive? I called the school district superintendent and he told me the same thing...he said that there is no hope and the school gets no funding. I emailed the Govenor and he said that only the CA dept of Education can change the school and i also called the onsite child care at Pierpont and he told me that he asked to go into Hollywood beach but they will not work with him without parents getting involved and I was the only parent that would make the change. I did not ask for free childcare, I asked they offer childcare so I can pay. I am not low income and my child was a GATE student all A's and his teacher told me that she felt the school didnt even offer anything for the child. So perhaps someone is not realizing what a good school should be and should offer.

Hollywood Beach Elementary School 3

Posted September 10, 2009
My son went to Beach for 5th and 6th grade and is now in the 8th at a middle school in Ventura. Beach is a good sanctuary from the terrible Hueneme and Oxnard social biasis, but kids are not prepared with adequate skills once they leave. Kids are over-nurtured and not able to self direct and have self discipline to navigate the larger middle school once they leave. Study skills, organization and accountability for academic performance should be much stronger.

Hollywood Beach Elementary School
4000 Sunset Lane, Oxnard, CA  93035-3949
Last modified Hollywood Beach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.