School Of Arts And Enterprise 2

Posted July 23, 2015
Many teachers are very new to teaching, and are too inexperienced. The school also forces students to stay on one art pathway, so if your child liked music you can't learn anything but that. Students are constantly fighting (not physically) and there is a lot of bullying. I brought my son to this school because he had issues at his last, and we had even more problems here. The school tries to fit too many kids into class rooms, sometime classes don't have enough chairs, desks, or books. Also, as much as this school likes to brag about their 100% college acceptence, that's because they kick students out or make them apply to colleges that accept everyone.

School Of Arts And Enterprise
Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 23, 2015
Many trachers are young, and have no teaching experience. There are very few teachers at this school that get the kids excited about learning.

School Of Arts And Enterprise 4

Posted October 17, 2014
As a parent of a 7th, 8th, and 11th grader I love the school it has been a perfect fit for all of them and they are all so different in every way possible! I can say that the 7th grade teachers are awesome! I am speaking for Ms. Saletore and Mr. Frazer as I have seen a huge improvement! Both teachers are CGU graduates and really care for the students and make them feel safe and welcomed! The high school is awesome there is a couple of delays from staff with notices but the education children are given and the care that staff and teachers give make up for it! The reason why I did not rate this school a 5 is because of the leadership. At the middle school there is no designated person for discipline which is not OK!!! My students have came home and said many times they sit and waste time in the office and that the principal laughs and will send them back to class which makes them confused on why they were kicked out? BASICALLY THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING unless its really serious! But being disrespectful, not following dress code or basic student norms is OK!
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 19, 2014
I am a student at School of Arts and Enterprise. This is my first year and at first I thought I wouldn't like it, but now I love it! The staff around here are so loving and nice. I'm glad I gave it a try because it sure is giving me a bright future. I love the classes, and the programs that they have

School Of Arts And Enterprise 4

Posted April 17, 2014
i was told by a parent whose daughter recently transfered from this school to a local public highschool to pursue cheer how much SAe offers. not pnly did she find out she is ahead in credits, but the teachers for her honors courses have said she is far ahead of everyhone else. so sae is ahead of the game!

Posted March 24, 2014
This is a review of the brand new School of Arts 6-8 Middle School in the Pomona Arts Colony. Finally a school in Pomona where we can send our kids with pride (after previously going to a Claremont elementary school). The sixth grades teachers are awesome - both of them are recent Claremont Graduate University graduates - and full of energy, commitment and fresh ideas! The kids do dance and yoga for physical fitness, fun electives like eco crafts and useful courses like microsoft office, all amidst a project based learning environment. The kids who are lucky enough to find out about this place will be exposed to the arts (including digital), diversity and the real world as a result of attending here! The staff is very responsive and handles what few problems have cropped up swiftly so that the overall good vibe of the school is maintained. Next year the school will move to a new building (still in the heart of the Arts Colony) and hopefully add Spanish language and musical instruments/ band (which is the ONLY thing lacking this year, especially for an arts school). Love this school!

School Of Arts And Enterprise 2

Posted December 10, 2013
Many people who go to The School of Arts can say that they definitely don't enjoy it. Many students who are not artists come to the SAE as a second option so they don't have to attend continuation school. Most of the students aren't artists and only come here because they got expelled from their old school, or because they have friends who go there. This makes it hard for the very few students who actually want to learn about art. The SAE is trying to cram as many students as they can into the school. Some classes don't have enough chairs. Students constantly skip classes and the school doesn't even catch it. I can't tell you how many drug issues this school has as well.

School Of Arts And Enterprise 1

Posted September 13, 2013
This school is great... if you want to meet some great people. Want a good education? Choose a different school. Upon entering you will be greeted with a smile, yes. The staff is extremely nice and considerate. Once you send your child off into class, their chances of learning will dwindle. I was a student for three years and I was in no way challenged academically. I haven't done homework literally the entire time I was there nor I was I informed of any benchmark tests. The test prep for star tests is pathetic. I feel extremely ill-equipt for college and the challenges ahead of me. The arts section of the school is HIGHLY underfunded. The theatre department had little to no money to spend on their performences, percussion literally uses trashcans as their drums. Sure it may be intentional, but was it really necessary to spend money on a middle school? They should have perfected the campuses they already have rather than attempting to cram MORE kids in the school only to recieve more money from the state.

Posted July 24, 2013
My school is amazing the amount of opportunities it has to offer is endless. The teacher's classroom management, content knowledge, and differentiated teaching were outstanding. They had the ability to connect and interact well with the students as and I felt like it kept us engaged throughout every lesson. The teachers taught me to be motivated and determined to achieve any goal. There is no doubt that I will continue to be a life long creative learner because that is what The SAE has taught me to be.

Posted July 24, 2013
From the moment you step in you are welcomed by smiles the staff is articulate, intelligent, respectful, modest, and conscientious. They are well liked by the students, admin, and faculty. The SAE is motivated and determined school who will drive the students to achieve the goal of becoming life long learners who are driven by the pursuit of knowledge. There is no doubt that I recommend The SAE as a parent. The staff is extremely welcoming and will go out of their way to meet the students and parents satisfaction.

School Of Arts And Enterprise
295 North Garey Avenue, Pomona, CA  91767
Last modified School Of Arts And Enterprise is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School Of Arts And Enterprise Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top