Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The academic support is not good. We can't even get responses from most teachers and counsellors after several attempts. The athletic program is the worst we have ever seen. Very unorganized with minimal support. Majority of the kids, over half, are bused in from other neighborhoods. Regret having my child go to this school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They constantly keep me posted and My son says he learns a lot about integrity and other related skills from their teachers and broth program

Great school my child says it's great he learns a lot and loves the how nice fair kind and friendly

I am not happy with the education my child is getting at this school neither how the school deals with the students. I never get information about whats going on on time. My child has A's but doesn't learn anything and that tells me that the teachers are not teaching right. All the rules has changed in this school and has made it a unhappy learning environment for my child. My child comes home and tells me how unfair it is at that school. How they make decisions about the students go through with out even getting the opinion of the students. Recent one that really upset me was how every student is going to have the same color gown and how the students in honers are not going to be awarded the same as other years and the students had no idea this was going on and how they have no say in it no more. That I believe is a really unfair thing the school did behind the students backs and all they wanted is to wear a white gown on graduation day but they ripped that away including all their hard work to get that.

There are great opurtunities at this school if your child is willing to seek them out. While I felt that some if the classes may have been a little easy, a comparison of my son's work from earlier in the year to later showed a vast improvement across the board. He loves his school and finds most of the teachers are very approachable. he is bussed in and has never felt singled out by teachers/staff in any way, in fact, he feels that his teachers have taken a real interest in his academic success. The school offers free tutoring for two hours after school M-TH, and teachers are often available at lunch. There is no reason a child at MBHS shouldn't be learning. We are nervous about him entering the full IB program next year, but are confident that it will thoroughly prepare him for college.

The New Principal, Mr Ernie Remillard, was the Principal from my SOn's middle school and I have nothing but positive feedback on My Remillard, I know he can and will turn this school around. Even with 70 % of the student coming from other city location, he can make a difference the the curricula and is adding a music class this year. I am excited to see the turnaround

We love the school! For kids that want to acheive, everything is there to make it happen, from the challenge of the IB program, to excellent teachers that really engage the students, to a very involved and organized parent group:)

Mission Bay is filled with many students and parents that care about a great education, a good sense of community, and this school is filled with talented kids ! There are more great teachers than bad ones who really get to know the kids who want to learn and help the kids that want to learn and may not have help from parents at home. The Music program is amazing , the sports teams thrive and my kids love their school - Go Bucs

Mission Bay High has the rigorous International Baccalaureate Program and has completely prepared my daughter for college. She was able to not only get her full IB Diploma in her senior year, but she played Varsity field hockey, played in the band and was a part of the school robotics team. There are so many opportunities for students at MBHS. The strong sense of school community and the lack of pretension has provided my daughter with a emotionally supportive, academically rigorous environment. We are very happy with the education and opportunities she has received at MBHS.

Mission Bay High School has some great programs and educational choices for many of the students that attend. The school has a diverse mix of students; the local beach teens, many magnet students who choose this school for its various programs, and some foreign students here for the IB program. The students have graduated to attend local colleges, state universities (Cal-state and UC), and private ivy-league schools - including Harvard.

Last modified Mission Bay High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.