1,406 students|Bonita Unified

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The people who put 1 star don't know even the tiniest of anything Ramona has to offer. And all the parents blabbing like oh it's Iti hard for them there's to muh bulling. First help u kid. Don't blame on the school. Second go to the school and ask don't let ur kid take care of it. All the people who gave one star don't know how To parent or help there kid so the parents blame it on the school and say it's to hard my kids a genius. Nope he's not it's so easy. He's failing because ur failing as a parent. This is the best school in california!

The school is undoubtedly pathetic and overestimated by those who give more than three stars to this mediocre environment. For a start, every band (with the exception of the Wind Ensemble) is far below their recommended potential. The band director, herself, is an amazing woman and I would recommend her, but her students lack the enthusiasm and simple manners to put ANY effort into their performances. It is an absolute miracle that any of the students improved during their year(s) in Wind Ensemble. Next, language arts. Their grammar, in most classes, seem exceptional enough. As for reading, the students are beyond pathetic and are not nearly challenged enough to exceed "AR points." With a minimum of 13, you would expect this pathetic garbage to be a kindergarten class. Tyheor math classes seem to exceed their potential more than anything, along with social studies. Their physical classes also seem to encourage personal fitness with each student. All in all, I would never decide to be a part of this school's atmosphere- if they could even comprehend the word.

My son is in 6th grade and our experience is been awful. School personnel are not professional and teacher on the most part don't act professional. My son has been bullied and taunted and when he defend himself, he was blame for causing problems. I am tired of the way staff handle issues and blame my son. I've been to school several times and situation continues the same. Policies are randomly enforce for example dress code. I've seen girls with short that are just to short for school. I have other kids and I will think it before ill send them here.

Ramona Middle School, is a great school.First of all, Ramona has a strict dress code that will not let children wear whatever they please. As in really short shorts or inappropriate shirts. Also, when state testing comes around all the teachers work really hard to prepare the students. Health wise, Ramona has everyone taking PE classes to keep students in shape, for example running the mile every Wednesday. And at Ramona there are many great opportunities. My children were in Choir and Band and had the privilege to travel to different states and go to amusement parks and such. Very importantly the children were taught great leadership skills because of two groups called W.E.B and ASB. And these groups teach the kids good leadership skills. My children's favorite part about this school were the action teams. The split up the school by last names and put them in color teams and they would compete throughout the year, but the only kids that were able to compete were the ones who got a 3.0 gpa or higher. Another great thing about this school is that in order for the kids to work hard they have great incentives. SEND YOUR KIDS TO RAMONA!

We've had 2 of our kids go through Ramona & Thank Goodness our last child is almost done! Both of my older kids hated this school, my son was bullied. For 2 weeks I complained & nothing was done. After 2 weeks if telling my son to walk away & ignore the bullies, I told him to take care of it! I received a call telling me to come pick up my son because he was being suspended for fighting. I informed them that I had all of my complains in writing and recorded. As I arrived to pick up my son I gave them copies of everything just incase they tried to say they lost their copies & I informed them that I would return later in the week with ch. 7 & my child's attorney. Needless to say my son was not suspended but was told not to mention what had happened & to stay away from the bullies who had now turned into the victims! Staff is Rude, Teachers are Bullies & Rude. I have encountered some great teachers at Ramona and am so glad my youngest has had a pretty okay time there, but I make sure all her teachers know that am there for all & any complains!

Run for the hills!!! This school is a complete joke!!! From the principle all the way down. Office staff is horrible. With exception of band, this place is an embarrassment to the Bonita School District!!!

Worst Middle school ever!!!!... These 5 star reviews must be staff members posing as parents. This school is a paradise for bullies. My son had numerous incidents, and we finally took it up to the principals office and counselor. They said my son was overreacting. Now my son gets bullied for "snitching". In addition there is only few teachers worth giving credit to. This is the worst school my children ever attended. The front office staff is very very rude! We will never return to this school!!!!

After reading these reviews, I had to write my own. My son survived this school only because of his good childhood friends and his awesome young female band instructor. Teachers will not put in any "additional" effort toward helping their students. Some teachers display attitudes like their job is simply a paycheck, and not a stepping stone to your child's future. Negative atmosphere. Very disappointing.

Extremely Unpleasant Atmosphere! Poorly managed and students just can t wait to get out. Things just get worst; This school is never going to be successful. School has way too many students that the staff ignores bad behavior from both teachers and students! If at all possible, avoid this school at all costs!

AVOID THIS SCHOOL IF POSSIBLE!!! Minimum effort from the teachers. Many of my child's assignments get returned to him ungraded! When I addressed the problem, they conceded that it does happen, but had an "oh well" attitude! The rude staff walks around like they hate their job and their face hurts. My child would be in private school if I could afford it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last modified Ramona Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.