San Jose, CA
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Achiever Christian School exists to Elevate Life. As we partner with families in educating their children we incorporate a biblical worldview into everything we say and do. Academics and interpersonal relationships between families and staff members are of prime importance. The Administration has an open door policy and strives to work with families to make their educational experience personal and academically challenging without being overwhelming. The Principal encourages all families to follow the Matthew 18:15 principle of conflict resolution. 'If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over.' Going directly to the person you are in conflict with brings peace and resolution and promotes an elevated life.
May 3, 2010

Posted May 21, 2014
My children have been attending Achiever elementary for the past two school years and they absolutely love it. The friendships they have establish are wonderful. The teachers are extremely loving, hard working, and I feel they really care about kids as their owns. The principal is great and is easily accessible when you have a need. My son was having academic learning problems and she took the lead in making sure he had the right learning support to ramp him up. This is a well rounded school, it was very cool that the open up the opportunity for the 4th and 5th graders to play on the middle school soccer team this past year. For me, besides all the points I have made I really like that my children go here is because they really LOVE GOD and teach christian teachings from the bible!! Now that's the best education anyone could receive. Do yourself a favor and meet them if you are considering a private school.

Posted August 22, 2013
We've been at Achiever for six years and are very happy with it. The school came highly recommended to us by friends when we were looking for a preschool. It's important to us that what we teach at home is reinforced at school and not contradicted. The biblical values being taught give the kids guidelines on how to treat each other and they're very tolerant of one another's differences. Our class sizes have been around 16-18 kids over the years. There is a lot of parent involvement and everyone seems to know one another. This gives it a community type feel where you know they are looking out for one another. I have to give a shout out to their computer program. These kids are learning early in elementary keyboard & computer navigation as well as programs like Word & Powerpoint.

Posted March 20, 2012
I love this preschool!! Both of my children attended preschool at ACS for 3 years, now my son is in a public school that is rated a 10 on great schools.org and he is still ahead academically. The teachers are so wonderful, caring and comapssionate. My chidlren had Miss Linda, Miss Carmen, Miss Jusy, Miss Denise and Miss Teresa and they were all fabulous. If I could afford to keep my children here for elementary school I would without a doubt.

Posted April 20, 2011
All three of my children have attended Achiever Christian School and we are in our last year at the school. For a total of 8 years, my two boys, one daughter and my husband and I have experienced good and bad times. 90% of what we experienced was excellent. As in life, there were hard times here too. I have seen the school continue to improve and upgrade in every way. I believe with more parent communication to the teachers and if necessary administration, all problems would be fixed and made right. ACS cares about the families. What is right for one student and family may not be right for another. They strive for high standards and make accommodations if necessary. Mostly, the Christian values shine and the Lord will be glorified in this school and through the students, teachers, staff and families.!!! Go take a look!! Then, get involved.

Posted December 19, 2010
I enrolled my daughter in the Jr. K program because she missed the cutoff date for public K. This school has exceeded my expectations. The teachers are caring, kind and patient. In the 4 months my daughter has been here, she has learned so much and made so many friends. The parent involvement is wonderful.

Posted May 25, 2010
I am actually very excited about the change in Administration! I am not happy about the timing or abrupt way that it came about, but could not be more pleased with the advancement of Mrs. Julie Brown. My children have been here for 6 years so far and Mrs. Brown has been beyond excellent. Her joy and nature truly show her love for the kids here at Achiever and that is really what we want is for our kids to be loved. Both my husband and I are THRILLED!!!!

Achiever Christian School 1

Posted May 12, 2010
Very disappointed with the recent decision to abruptly change leadership. My children will not return next year.

Posted April 06, 2010
I really like Achievers. My only issue is that they are very accedemically inclined. Its not bad, but where a normal school cut age is Dec. 2 for the following grade, theirs is mid-sept. (I think) which makes them older and more mature classrooms. There is a very small opening in education and maturity wise. But the teachers are wonderful and Julie, the principle is a wonderful person who answers any and all questions (even the not so bright ones)! :)

Achiever Christian School 4

Posted January 08, 2010
When you look at private pre-schools and elementary schools in the area, this one stands out among the best. The classrooms are cheerful, not drab. There is a good balance between a focus on acadamic standards and a love/enjoyment of learning. When budget cuts are made and other schools are cutting programs, ACS is still offering enhancement classes (spanish, computer, art, music etc.) The teachers are attentive, creative and very loving. The principal is responsive to concerns and very willing to make changes when improvements can/should be made. For the price, it would be hard to find a more desireable place to send your preschooler or elementary student.

Achiever Christian School 0

Posted December 07, 2009
I have had 19 years experience with Achiever Christian School and am very thankful for a school who is concerned for the whole child. My college aged children received the best academic foundation that have encouraged them to continue to be life-long learners!

Achiever Christian School
540 Sands Drive, San Jose, CA  95125
Last modified Achiever Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Achiever Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top