Bad
Good

I personally don't like the principal or Mr Romero, they don't do anything and one of the super visors, Marian, is really mean to the kids and yells at them in front of the parents. The parents don't complain because the principal doesn't do anything about it. Also, there are these women that are supposed to take care of the children when they cross the street, Nina and Rosalva, all they do is talk and gossip while the students are crossing the street with no supervision. I do agree, though, they have good teachers, except for this second grade teacher, Miss Casillas, the worst teacher I've ever met. My son didn't learn a thing from her, and it wasn't just him, other parents had the same complaint.

This school is good but it was better the past 5 years. The new principle does not do as much as mr. romero. The students really miss mr. romero. The San ysidro schools district should bring mr. romero back. Teachers that are great are Guanco, Sandez, Murffy and Hernandez. My son loves the Gate classes and Math 24 classes.

I absolutely love this school. My two children have been there for three years. The oldest one was at another school in San Ysidro and had problems. The teachers are great at Sunset. The principal is Great, he knows the kids and helps them out as much as he can. The kids are welbehaved. I think this school is the best in the community.

Sunset is the best school in San Ysidro!!! Let's help it to get this $$$ in these difficult budget times for education.

This school is the best in the area. We love the teachers and they way the treat the students. There academics are strong and there are many activities to keep the kids busy and out of trouble. I'm happy to be part of the school community.

These 2 years my daughters been here it been great there. Sunset is one of the best schools here in San Ysidro. Overall everybody is nice teachers are great couldn't be happier

I love the principals and teachers involvement in your childrens education. I like that my child while she was a fourth grader her class scored the highest CST scores. More fundings are necessary to reduce the amount of students / class ratio. Excellent school thus far. Only sad part is they can't post their homework online -due to many parents limited access to internet. Those of us who have the access are being punished by those who dont.

Great school thus far. I like the teacher/principals involvement in my childs education. Only downside is that teachers can't post their class hw online due to many parents limited access to internet. I enjoy the activities that the school has. More fundings are needed for in order to reduce the children/teachers class ratio

Well sunset is a good school I had my kids there for two years yeah really good teachers but it was way better with mrs colon this year this school was not the same thanks to mrs espiritu k is a great teacher not to mention ms hurtado first grade my child learn alot from her but happend to the activity miss colon had I dont see any leadership with mr romero What I did enjoy this year was the annie play that the teacher guanco,garcide alba,vinaro hurtado and ms guzman did the kids did a great job good job to all

First of all, thank you for giving me the opportunity to give my opinion about Sunset School. I'm very happy and proud of having my daughter in this school. Sunset offers to students: A beautiful campus, great biliteracy and mainstream English programs, excellent teachers, supportive office staff all of these with the leadership of Mr. Jason Romero. My daughther started in the Biliteracy program since Kinder; she is now in the Mainstream English program and with the best CST scores in the last two years. My respects to the following teachers: Luna (K), Garciadealba (1st), Garcia C. (2nd) and Lemos (3rd). Good luck in the following years to come with this economic crisis to the Sunset Team. Go Lions!!!

Last modified Sunset Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.