San Ysidro, CA
Before care: Yes

Sunset Elementary School 2

Posted July 12, 2012
I personally don't like the principal or Mr Romero, they don't do anything and one of the super visors, Marian, is really mean to the kids and yells at them in front of the parents. The parents don't complain because the principal doesn't do anything about it. Also, there are these women that are supposed to take care of the children when they cross the street, Nina and Rosalva, all they do is talk and gossip while the students are crossing the street with no supervision. I do agree, though, they have good teachers, except for this second grade teacher, Miss Casillas, the worst teacher I've ever met. My son didn't learn a thing from her, and it wasn't just him, other parents had the same complaint.

Sunset Elementary School 4

Posted December 04, 2011
This school is good but it was better the past 5 years. The new principle does not do as much as mr. romero. The students really miss mr. romero. The San ysidro schools district should bring mr. romero back. Teachers that are great are Guanco, Sandez, Murffy and Hernandez. My son loves the Gate classes and Math 24 classes.

Posted November 27, 2010
I absolutely love this school. My two children have been there for three years. The oldest one was at another school in San Ysidro and had problems. The teachers are great at Sunset. The principal is Great, he knows the kids and helps them out as much as he can. The kids are welbehaved. I think this school is the best in the community.

Sunset Elementary School 0

Posted May 11, 2010
Sunset is the best school in San Ysidro!!! Let's help it to get this $$$ in these difficult budget times for education.

Sunset Elementary School 0

Posted May 11, 2010
This school is the best in the area. We love the teachers and they way the treat the students. There academics are strong and there are many activities to keep the kids busy and out of trouble. I'm happy to be part of the school community.

Posted September 21, 2009

Posted September 10, 2009

Posted August 28, 2009
These 2 years my daughters been here it been great there. Sunset is one of the best schools here in San Ysidro. Overall everybody is nice teachers are great couldn't be happier

Posted August 19, 2009
I love the principals and teachers involvement in your childrens education. I like that my child while she was a fourth grader her class scored the highest CST scores. More fundings are necessary to reduce the amount of students / class ratio. Excellent school thus far. Only sad part is they can't post their homework online -due to many parents limited access to internet. Those of us who have the access are being punished by those who dont.

Posted August 19, 2009
Great school thus far. I like the teacher/principals involvement in my childs education. Only downside is that teachers can't post their class hw online due to many parents limited access to internet. I enjoy the activities that the school has. More fundings are needed for in order to reduce the children/teachers class ratio

Sunset Elementary School
3825 Sunset Lane, San Ysidro, CA  92173
Last modified Sunset Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunset Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top