Spring Valley, CA

Heartland Christian 2

Posted July 29, 2014
I am a former student of Heartland. The teachers and students are nice, but it should be noted that the school uses curriculum from Accelerated Christian Education, the factual accuracy of which is highly questionable. Any parent considering enrolling their child should carefully research A.C.E. and what it teaches.

Posted April 03, 2014
Great school! Excellent teachers! Proven curriculum! I couldn't say enough great things about Heartland Christian Homeschool Center!

Posted May 16, 2013
The teachers love their students and the principle is loving, approachable and involved. It is a small school, but the kids learn accountability, ownership of their schedule and the parents are welcomed to be a part of the education and receive support on the homeschool aspect.

Posted January 23, 2013
Tired of the public school homework grind? Exhausted from the private school rat race? Then Heartland is the school for you. We are so glad to have found a place where our children can be their geeky-book loving-academic selves, all the while being cheered on by teachers and friends alike. The students here are truly Christ-like in their acceptance of others, including new students immediately in all parts of their school experience. The staff is well trained, gently strict, encouraging and really appreciative of the "gift" that each child is. Our children are getting an excellent education as compared to other families that we know, families that use both public and private schools. The big difference between us and them is that we still have the time to BE a family. All that and a GaGa court - it doesn't get any better!

Posted November 01, 2012
I love this school. My older ones go to Foothills. However this one was actually closer to my home for the lower grades. I am so glad we picked it. My daughter is quite shy and has blossomed here. The school staff is amazing. The teachers make her feel so welcome. We love it.

Posted September 07, 2011
Great school! Such a warm and caring staff. It's both a joy and a relief to know my children are in such an environment full of such special people! Truly a God send!!

Posted February 28, 2011
This has been my 9th grader's first year at Hearland. We really like the 3 days at school and 2 days at home. The PACE curriculum works well with the parents participating on the 'At Home Days'--The parents have answer books for correcting their students work. The PACE student workbooks contain all the information needed for a complete curriculum, but in my opinion it is not too interesting. The teachers seem very caring and the principal is very positive and encouraging. Being a smaller school, the kids are very friendly and made my student feel welcome right away. ( A curriculum upgrade and a few more electives, would make this school perfect.) Submitted by a parent I also submitted the rewiew below and some how it only has 2 stars but I intended to rate it 5 stars.

Heartland Christian 2

Posted February 21, 2011
This has been my 9th grader's first year at Hearland. We really like the 3 days at school and 2 days at home. The PACE curriculum works well with the parents participating on the 'At Home Days'--The parents have answer books for correcting their students work. The PACE curriculum contains all the information needed for a complete curriculum, but in my opinion it is not too interesting. The teachers seem very caring and the principal is very positive and encouraging. Being a smaller school, the kids are very friendly and made my student feel welcome right away. (With a curriculum upgrade and a few more electives, I would rate this school with 5 stars.)

Posted October 28, 2010
My daughter is a 9th grader at Heartland and has never felt the sense of belonging that she has had here from day one. This school welcomes you and makes you feel like an extended family member. Math her worst subject has now become her favorite. Heartland we love you!

Posted May 04, 2010
My daughter loves Heartland and wakes up excited and happy to do her schooling there. Her teacher is creative, prepared, and we love the school so much. A less expensive alternative to private Christian schools and the 3 day a week program helps her not be a 'homeschool' nerd.

Heartland Christian