Posted March 22, 2014
My son loves his kindergarten teacher and is doing very well here. Miss Thomas is always there to listen and after school her classroom door is usually open. The principle is fairly new, but already knows many of the students by name, always available when you need him. Parents here are very involved and really seem to care about not only their children's education, but as the education of the school as a whole. School has set up work shops so that parents better understand what their children are learning. Teachers and principle are their to answer or take note on parent concerns. Very happy over all with this school

Posted August 27, 2013
My child has been going to Stonehurst since Kindergarten. We love the school and my child has had great teachers. I am pleased with the education she has received and hope that she continues to get a good education for the years to come. I didn't give this school the extra star because of the rude office staff. And looking at the previous reviews everyone agrees. They are not helpful and don't ever want to answer any questions and if they do its with an attitude. This makes it difficult to be involved when all you get is short answers. They also get a nurse only once a week so goodluck trying to have your child take their medication on time. The office staff doesn't follow up with that and expects a 1st grader to remember when to take their medicine. Its ridiculous. I wish that we were also able to communicate with the teachers via email instead of the office. I'm surprised that with all of this technology this school hasnt upgraded to this yet. It would be a great help for full time working mothers if we had this option.

Posted August 16, 2013
A little school with a bug heart! I wish more parents participated in the PTA. My sons k & 1st grade teachers are the best. Mrs. Alice is a wonderful Teachers Aide. These people mentioned above are what make the school a wonderful place to learn. The Principle is open-minded and always around when you need her.

Stonehurst Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted February 19, 2013
I called to see how my granddaughter was doing in the fourth grade and nobody called me back.

Posted February 19, 2013
My daughter started attending this school in 1st grade, she's currently in the 4th grade. The office staff is horrible. They are rude, not helpful, and two years in a row the money from my fundraiser was magically short, and I had to be the one to put in the amount that went missing. The principle is unhelpful as well and doesn't take responsibility for her office staff. Besides that, the teachers are wonderful. My daughter has past teachers that still talk to her and some teachers she's never had give her plants and knowledge on the garden which she loves. The LAs Best after school program is amazing. Miss Janet goes above and beyond and truly loves the children. My daughter has excelled in this school and was placed in gifted, however, they don't offer any gifted classes as promised.

Posted June 26, 2012
Im a student that use to go to Stonehurst Elementary and i have been there ever since kindergarten.All of those years have been so fun.The teachers are really nice there.They will take there time to help u.Also Stonehurst is a nice clean school.So i suggest you should send your child to Stonehurst Elementary.

Posted January 11, 2012
My daughter is 1/2 way through her first grade year. I am an involved parent who communicates with the principal, office staff, my daughter's teachers, the great young people who run LA's Best the after school program, I have a broad view of how this school operates. Ms. Imperiale is great principal, she knows all of the kids names, she stays current on what is happening in the classrooms & participates in all fundraisers. The true gems at this school are the teachers, they are amazing professionals who are dedicated to their craft, passionate about educating children. The office staff is often rushed & shorthanded & they can sometimes be short, but if you wait a moment to ask your question they will give you a quick honest answer. The PTA is getting started again, the school needs the support from parents. The cafeteria is sorely understaffed but the staff is always courteous. Lets not forget the LA's Best Program, its not perfect, but these young people do a great job. My only concern is a gifted or gate program for more advanced students, but overall I am very pleased with Stonehurst.

Stonehurst Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted June 23, 2011
This school was always very good but lacks good people in strategic decision making positions; the sad part is they continue to cut things and say it's the budget. It's not the budget; it's how the principal decides to spend the moola that taxpayers give her. It's so sad it's now a "Needs Improvement" school when it used to be a CA Distinguished School. They cater to state funded families (more $ for school), they don't really care about the parents but want our $ for fund raisers that needs to be cash, have unprofessional office staff and rude cafeteria people and that just simply won't change until the principal retires and gets out.

Posted October 23, 2010
Stonehurst is a great school... My daughter is doing great and even has taught me a thing or two..lol

Stonehurst Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted September 21, 2010
I love this school because the teachers care about their students and they have a great Autism program. It is located in a nice neighborhood and it's kept nice a clean!

Stonehurst Avenue Elementary School
9851 Stonehurst Avenue, Sun Valley, CA  91352
Last modified Stonehurst Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stonehurst Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top