Longden Elementary School 4

Posted September 28, 2014
It s the second year with a new principal, and all I can say is, Thank God for Mr. Rudd . He works very hard and respects parents, students, and teachers alike. Longden is a high-performing school and teachers adhere to a high-standard of education. Special treatment and student favoritism can be pretty blatant with some teachers, though. But I m still happy with Longden though.

Posted October 31, 2013
I think longden elm school has the best teachers and staff. All the teachers at longden work very hard with all the students. And I know this school should get the money! Longden elm school keeps very good care of the schools grounds, and it is very safe for our children.

Longden Elementary School 1

Posted July 05, 2012
Academically my child does well here (although the fact that I spend summers preparing him for the fall probably has something to do with it). The problem I have is with the principal and assistant principal; they don't seem to respect or communicate well with parents. My son had an incident report written up on him by a yard monitor for "inappropriate touching" (like most normal 6-year-old boys, he likes to roughhouse). Nobody was hurt and the asst. principal determined that all involved were just having fun. "This has happened many times before," the AP told me. So why wasn't I told about it until an incident report got written up? And why did I have to hear it as third-hand information through my spouse, when I am at the school every morning and afternoon? Why did I have to go to the district superintendent before anyone would talk to me and tell me what happened? Protip: I know that I agreed to your zero-tolerance no-touch policy, ridiculous as it may be, by signing my child up for your school. I also know that part of my job as a parent is to teach discipline and respect for rules and authority. But I can't act on what I don't know, can I?

Posted June 03, 2012
My son is in Mrs. C. Taylor's Kindergarten class this year and he absolutely LOVES her class. Mrs. Taylor is a fantastic teacher with right values and focus for children in K. The kindergarten program is very well coordinated with all the 5 classes getting the same homework and study material. In kindergarten, they focus on basics and does not expect the children to know and write all the ABCs as some other schools in other districts do. I like that they really try to make sure that all the children know their basics before moving on to the next level. This is the age where solidifying the foundation is so critical and I am glad that the teachers really seem to understand that at Longden. I was a little uncertain about the quality of school, but I am very happy with the education my son has gotten so far at this school.

Posted September 07, 2011
As an occupational therapist from an independent agency, the staff and teachers are very welcoming and wonderful to work with! They really keep the best interests of the students in mind. I love seeing all of the opportunities for parent and community involvement. The students seem committed and proud of their wonderful school!

Posted February 07, 2011
best school ever me and all my friends went there and it is great! Never ever have i seen a better school

Posted May 19, 2009
Longden must be one of the best. The teachers are amazing. The staff are super kind and gentle. The school is well taken care of. But best of all, they teach so well. How? My son started with C's in Cloverly. Then he moved to Longden and started getting A's. Just plain awesome. Radical. Cool.

Posted May 19, 2009

Longden Elementary School 0

Posted December 24, 2008
my son has attended longden from k-3 i really like the afer school program and the teachers great school.

Posted October 29, 2008
My daughter came home with amazing grades last week. I really like the teachers and the afterschool programs. Great schools.

Longden Elementary School
9501 Wendon Street, Temple City, CA  91780
Last modified Longden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longden Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top