Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Neutral

Gave out a reasonable amount of hw, but sometimes i received alot. It prepared me for a reason.

Great elementary school i went to, the magnet was great thanks to all my teachers im now in a great middle school, thanks for preparitng me for middle school and beyond!- Emma R

It's a great school with awesome PTA. The parent involvement makes the school one of the best in the Valley. The Principal looks like she is involved, but she consistently gives promises and never follows up on them. It would have been an awesome institution if Mrs. Double actually followed up on the promises she made. One of the 3rd grade classes did not have a permanent teacher for more than a month in the beginning of 2015-2016 school-year. That is a clearly a sign of unpreparedness on the part of administration, since kids lost a month of regular school year. Overall it's a great school, with great teachers (barring a few ones that tarnish the splendid work done by the rest of the teaching staff).

This teacher we had for third, fourth and fifth grades were very good. The teacher for 2nd grade didn't have an understanding that these children were just a step up from babies and didn't comprehend at the level she felt they should. Third grade teacher Mrs. Hovsepian was wonderful. She was challenging and made it easier when we got to Ms. Garcia's in 4th followed by Ms. Karapetian in 5th. My issue is with the administration. My son was bullied and his life was threatened by a child on school grounds. Mrs. Scanlin-Double said the situation would be resolved and that my child would be safe and she didn't follow through on her word. The child continued to bully. The school grounds are filthy, and my son witnessed a janitor mopping the tables with a mop used on the seats and ground. My child has attended school in two states before coming here and I found Kester to fall short of the recommendations I was given.

Kester is definitely a 5 star school. Our daughter started as a kindergartner and grew throughout the year. Her kindergarten teacher was amazing as is the principal, Mrs. Double. She makes herself visible and available. The parents contribute their time as well. Our child has made some really great friends. We are looking forward to another great year. Welcome!

I kids have been going to Kester Home School since 2006, and every school year my kids have gotten teachers that are just amazing. its no wonder that we have many teachers that are also parents of students that attend Kester. My sons will be ready for Middle School when they leave Kester

We are absolutely thrilled with Kester!! Our daughter started at Kester last year as a kindergartner and had a wonderful experience. Her kindergarten teacher was amazing! In fact, we got to know the other kindergarten teachers as well and found them all to be really terrific. The principal, Mrs. Double is spectacular!!!! We feel so fortunate to have started Kester when we did because Mrs. Double has really shaped up the school. She is visible at the school everyday and is accessible to parents. The parent involvement is fantastic as well. The school benefits greatly by the dedication of the parent volunteers as well as the teachers, principal and students dedication to the school. The families at Kester are wonderful and our daughter has made some really terrific friends. Our daughter is now in 1st grade in the Kester Magnet program and is off to a great start with a truly incredible and dedicated teacher. We are looking forward to another fabulous year at Kester. I highly recommend Kester!!

I changed my son in the middle of the class year. He was in TK. In his first week at Kester I saw a huge improvement in him. He was happy to go to school, enjoyed doing his homework and he was actually learning. He is now in Kindergarten and I couldn't be happier with my decision to change him schools. I look forward to the rest of the years as part of the Kester Family!

This is an awesome school and it's due to the principal ,school staff,teachers and parents working together. Couldn't be happier

Great teachers. Great parent involvement. Makes for a wonderful community that we are happy to be a part of.

Last modified Kester Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.