9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted March 18, 2016
I am very disappointe of Berean high school, we appy to this school and I send all of my son's grades that are excellent plus all the requirements and letters of recommendation, my son was interviewed and they asked him about his faith and of course his faith is great he attended another christian school and we didn't have any problems our family is very involved in the Christian community but my husband is not christian and that was never a problem because we respect others believe, my son was denied because my husband is not a Christian, the reason he want to change schools was because his best friend is going to apply to the same school , now we decide to continue at Contra Costa Christian schools because they have a heart and won't discriminate like berean high school did, I don't think this schools is representing kindness, tolerance and the teaching of our lord, to be compassionate and open the doors to who wants to follow you.

Posted January 25, 2015
We transferred my son from California High after his sophomore year. BEST decision we could've made. From the front desk to the classrooms, it is a whole different world. Caring teachers and respectful kids go hand in hand here! My child went from being a number to being treated like human. We are so blessed to be apart of such a Godly school! My son was welcomed from his first day of football practice and couldn't be happier!

Berean Christian High School 2

Posted August 07, 2014
THIS IS NOT A HIGHLY ACADEMIC-BASED INSTITUTION. IF YOU WANT ONE THAT IS, GO TO NORTHGATE OR CV CHARTER. Berean does not offer as many Honors/AP courses as they should. Most of those APs are geared towards the English/Social Science/Math sector and not so much the science. Im certain they have 11 APs and Honors and that is not a lot compared to other high schools that have 18-24 APs and Honors as well as exceptional API scores. For most of them, if you didn't achieve all A's in a specific area in your entire high school career thus far, you won't get in. Also, homework load is easily manageable, it's NOTHING compared to the 2 other schools mentioned previously. Homework is DEFINITELY doable and not as rough as others say. The teachers themselves, for the most part, are some of the best I've ever experienced (although some of them were extremely right-winged and bigoted). They develop personal and maintain close relationships with the students. Side note, if you are a more liberal/open-minded person (like myself), this is obviously not the school for you and for a good reason. You don't want to stick out, it isn't fun. This is a great school...only if you want to transfer out later.

Posted February 18, 2014
This school stacks to much homework and the worst school ever, so is history fair making me not finish ALL MY DANG HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:<

Posted January 30, 2014
We couldn't be more pleased with Berean Christian High school! No it's not perfect, but, no school is! Our sophomore student is challenged with Algebra II/Trig, biology and programming classes among others. There are many AP and Honors classes to choose from and we feel that our child will be very well prepared for college. Some teachers are better than others, however, when we have had a few minor concerns, they have all addressed them quickly and professionally. We like the small environment, Biblical teaching, nice facilities and teachers that care more about their students than their contracts. Berean offers many sports teams, clubs and music and drama groups, so there is something for everyone. Berean alumni can be found at state schools, private colleges and prestigious schools, such as Stanford, so no matter which path a BCHS student chooses for college, they will be equipped for success in college. We have an excellent public school in our neighborhood, (Northgate High School), but, for our family, Berean was the better choice.

Posted November 19, 2012
My children attended Berean and were completely prepared for college. One graduated from the university in four years and the other will finish in three years on a full academic scholarship. That child declined admission to UC Berkeley. Berean achieves much more than academic preparation and offers many extracurricular options. This school was a great foundation for our children to become productive members of society.

Posted November 13, 2012
This is NOT a highly academic school. Parents, please research this school thoroughly prior to enrolling your students here. For students that are high academic achievers, this school will not meet their needs. The highest math class in high school is Calculus. The staff is not pleasant to deal with and a bit flippant about their curriculum when they are pressed with questions regarding why they do not offer more Math & Science courses for Honor students. This school will not adequately prepare students for getting into Stanford, UC Berkeley or a prestigious university. If you want to prepare your students for getting into the right college, this is not the right school.

Posted July 12, 2012
I am a Berean graduate and I loved by experience at BCHS! I transferred from a public high school and was shocked at how much the teachers cared and how kind my classmates were. I made lifelong friends there and was very successful in college. The truth is that BCHS tries to take every opportunity to help students be successful in their academics and Christian walk but people who want to complain will find something to complain about some people aren t happy anywhere. I know for a fact that my life was made better by my experience at BCHS and I strongly recommend it!

Berean Christian High School 3

Posted May 03, 2012
Its great to read all the positive comments at the same time trashing other schools and teachers when most likely you have never spent a sufficient amount of time on any campus to know that issues exist everywhere and just because yours isnt public doesnt void you of poor behavior or foul language - Just to show that Berean is not soo "perfect" - ask about what happened to one of their lacrosse players by other members from the same team - its disgusting and I hope the victims family presses charges....who's raising these kids? Exactly.

Posted March 04, 2011
Don't let your son or daughter attend this school . . . If you think you can just drop your kid off like a public shcool and have teachers and faculty raise, train, and teach your children. It all starts in the HOME ! Here's a test for you: park in the lot after school and listen to the Berean students talk. Now go to Northgate or Clayton and sit in the lot and listen to those students. Berean is worth every penny !

Berean Christian High School
245 El Divisadero Avenue, Walnut Creek, CA  94598
Last modified Berean Christian High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12