Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

In the past few years I have become more and more involved at Trails West as a parent volunteer, and I have seen changes in leadership and methods come and go. Under Cheryl Fullmer's leadership this year, I feel that the teachers and the principal are hyper-focused on what's best and most effective for kids; both in education methods and emotional/social situations. I know I will be heard if I have a concern or issue to address. Parent volunteers and the PTCO give a great sense of community to school events, and I am sorry that I have only one year left here.

Trails West l, under new leadership is becoming the school I hoped it would be for my child. The implantation of new ideas and programs are what this school has needed. In addition, a very active PTO has given a wonderful sense of community within the school. I highly recommend Trails West!

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

There was a problem with past leadership and the new leadership is overcoming this effectively. This is not something that can be fixed over night, but the change has been more swift than I anticipated.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

New leadership, new atmosphere! It is amazing what a change was made in 1 short year.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at this school have always been it's shining light.

I previously reviewed this school and it was not good. But in 2016/2017, Trails got a new lease on life in the form of new leadership. What a difference! I am updating my review to reflect the current state of this school, which is amazing! New leadership, and a new (2nd year) PTCO board has made this school from a place I couldn't wait to leave behind to a place I am going to be sad about leaving. The teachers have always been amazing, but now that they have support, the entire atmosphere has changed. It is great to see more parents coming out of the woodwork to be involved in the school now that they know they are welcome and appreciated rather than disrespected and tolerated. Your children spend a majority of their time here during the school year, so it is important to feel like it is part of your family. And it does now, it really does.

I LOVE this school! My child started Kindergarten and needed a lot of support. He got it and more! With the help of an entire team, his needs were fully met and I felt that they were willing to try everything just for my kiddo. Great staff too! Everyone is friends and children are their top priority.

We love Trails West. My older daughter is returning for 2nd grade and the younger going into kindergarten this year. The teachers and principal are very personable and take the time to get to know their students and their needs individually. We've had a very good experience so far and look forward to staying here throughout the girls' elementary years.

I called to set up a time to come in and tour the school. My son has an IEP, and I noticed the student growth rating was only a 3 out of 10. With his learning needs, I wanted to get a better feel for the overall school rather than just judging it solely on test scores. I was told they do not provide tours for Kindergarten parents because it would take too much time. The woman who originally answered the phone was polite and tried to be helpful, but eventually she transferred me to the office manager who was less than courteous. The best she could do was give my name and number to the principal. I was left with a knot in my stomach. I then went ahead and called another elementary school in the area, Rolling Hills, to set up a tour and was greeted by a helpful and friendly staff member who immediately said I could come in any day between 10am-2pm. She also said she would have a contact name and number for me when I arrived of a special educator who could answer my questions about providing services for my son. What a difference between schools!

Trails West Elementary has renewed my faith in public school education!!! As a teacher myself, I have a very high standard of academics and excellence in education for my 4 children. Trails West has more than exceeded my expectations. In particular, my first grade son has had a few glitches with his vision and reading. I had him tested by an outside professional and the school quickly assembled a team of people who work with my son every week to accommodate the areas of weakness determined by the developmental vision assessment. He has improved dramatically in a short amount of time and I know that he loves his teacher and he loves going to school. My 3rd grade daughter is also having a fantastic experience at Trails West. Kuddos to a job well done by all at Trails West Elementary!!

Last modified Trails West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.