Centennial, CO

Trails West Elementary School 4

Posted August 18, 2014
We love Trails West. My older daughter is returning for 2nd grade and the younger going into kindergarten this year. The teachers and principal are very personable and take the time to get to know their students and their needs individually. We've had a very good experience so far and look forward to staying here throughout the girls' elementary years.

Trails West Elementary School 1

Posted January 28, 2014
I called to set up a time to come in and tour the school. My son has an IEP, and I noticed the student growth rating was only a 3 out of 10. With his learning needs, I wanted to get a better feel for the overall school rather than just judging it solely on test scores. I was told they do not provide tours for Kindergarten parents because it would take too much time. The woman who originally answered the phone was polite and tried to be helpful, but eventually she transferred me to the office manager who was less than courteous. The best she could do was give my name and number to the principal. I was left with a knot in my stomach. I then went ahead and called another elementary school in the area, Rolling Hills, to set up a tour and was greeted by a helpful and friendly staff member who immediately said I could come in any day between 10am-2pm. She also said she would have a contact name and number for me when I arrived of a special educator who could answer my questions about providing services for my son. What a difference between schools!

Posted January 22, 2014
Trails West Elementary has renewed my faith in public school education!!! As a teacher myself, I have a very high standard of academics and excellence in education for my 4 children. Trails West has more than exceeded my expectations. In particular, my first grade son has had a few glitches with his vision and reading. I had him tested by an outside professional and the school quickly assembled a team of people who work with my son every week to accommodate the areas of weakness determined by the developmental vision assessment. He has improved dramatically in a short amount of time and I know that he loves his teacher and he loves going to school. My 3rd grade daughter is also having a fantastic experience at Trails West. Kuddos to a job well done by all at Trails West Elementary!!

Trails West Elementary School 2

Posted January 16, 2014
This school used to be great. the last 4 years it has gone downhill, gets worse every year. The teachers here are great but there is tension between them and the administration. No one talks about anything, nothing seems to be done and getting help as a parent is near non existent.

Posted February 09, 2012
Trails West Elementary is excellent! The school emphasizes the importance of reading and encourages children to read every day and to fully comprehend WHAT they read about. Trails West participates in REACH program, which allows children with advanced knowledge to be involved in challenging projects and pursue greater opportunities! Thanks to everyone in Trails West!!!

Posted May 19, 2011
I believe Trails West is an amazing school. All of the Teacher's my daughter has had, have been wonderful. A certian Kindergarten teacher has went above and beyond to work with my daughter, she continues to work with her and my daughter is now going into 4th grade! Mr. Strikland is a wonderful principal and I am very sad that this is his last year. I truly have nothing bad to say about the school, Teachers or Staff! I would recommend this school to everyone I know!

Trails West Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Trails West is the best elementary school any of my kids has attended. From the principal, Mr. Strickland to the teachers and staff; Trails West teaches our kids to live, love, laugh, and learn! They not only reinforce how important is it to excel in academics, they remind students to be good citizens - to strive to help others and to set a good example to their peers. I'm grateful to be a part of the TW family.

Trails West Elementary School 0

Posted July 21, 2009
Trails West Elementary is an excellent school. I really feel that my property values are protected by having such a great school in our neighborhood. I know most people don't know about this great school because it is tucked away in the housing development. It is very safe and supervised at all times. My children come home happy and have increased their scores tremendously. We love the care and commitment that each teacher has given to our children. If you are not happy here, you are probably not involved enough. Getting to know this group of hardworking people let me understand how much effort goes into educating children. It has a great traditional schedule and you will see that there are alot of administrators and teachers that send their kids here-from all districts. Wow, that really says something. I highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 09, 2009

Posted February 09, 2009

Trails West Elementary School
5400 South Waco St, Centennial, CO  80015
Last modified Trails West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Trails West Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top