Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 08, 2015
The school lied and turned there backs on a very smart kid with autism this year. They would rather send them to a "special school" rather than educate themselves with kids with special needs. Also too many bullies here. Most of the staff is really new and afraid to say anything to the senior staff, and the senior staff loves being in that position. Less friction+ easier to do whatever they want.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 08, 2015
Thank you to the teachers that helped, but no thanks to the teachers that gave up on my son because they just didn't have the time.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted December 08, 2015
There are some teachers that are good, but most of the teachers I knew wont pick up the phone to let you know if your kid is doing bad.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted December 08, 2015
Not at all. With so many bullies and victims running around in this school, how is the staff going to teach them this?

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted December 08, 2015
They could care less about kids with special needs, they care more about athletes and testing scores

Horizon Middle School 4

Posted March 05, 2014
Horizon is a good school with some excellent teachers. Also the administrators and front office staff are respectful and caring. I believe that my child is receiving a quality education. Unfortunately the parent involvement rate is not very high. It is also currently missing extras such as yearbook and student council. It would be beneficial if these activities would return. My experience has been that the staff here takes bullying very seriously and tries to address it appropriately. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a middle school in their area.

Horizon Middle School 3

Posted July 28, 2013
I was a student at horizon all 3 years I finished my 8th grade year in 2013.Shure the kids at horizon are not all that pleasant and tend to bully the other kids but I realized it and didnt bring my parents in to do all the work. Only half the time were the problems fixed because the kids there thought they could over power the staff and half the time tht was the case.The class sizes arent tht good I had about 45 kids in my algebra class and the teacher was new,he didnt know how to control the class so there wasnt much learning. there are a select few that offer to help kids whenever they can. 6th: ms. Garcia, ms.Glen..7th:mrs Dallzel-Wagers, mr robillard, mr seymour..8th:mr troscher, mr camron. The athletic group is great our school.Our school seems to revolve arround basketball and track.All the enrichment teachers help alot.my band teach mr lawrence is fun, he is a good friend to most of the kids too. All of the sports coaches are teacher volunteers and i appreciate tht they coach us and grade our work and still dont get tired of us haha. Its a great school if u hang out with the right people and make the right decisions. If ur child doesnt do tht they r in for a rude awakening.

Posted April 10, 2013
I moved just to get my child out of this school. This was the 6th grade. He was having a problem with a bully and the teachers and counselors I spoke with made excuses (including blaming my child) instead of even trying to appear proactive. I went to meet with a teacher about my child's grade and was basically told that if he couldn't keep up, that was his problem. Before or after school tutoring was not offered, yet if I taught my child the way I learned, he was downgraded because it wasn't the way they learned in class...even though the final answer was right. Overall, this is the feeling I got from every interaction with staff: they were too busy, it wasn't their problem. FYI, I did research on this site before deciding to send my son to Jenkins Elementary, where he has been thriving. I would not recommend this school to anyone who asked.

Posted June 14, 2011
Its fine if you don't care if your child is getting the support and help they need to be a successful student. Its difficult if your are transferring in from other school districts. They say they can met the needs of your students but it may take a whole school year for them to say ok we will identify your child as ____ but sorry they will not be receiving services at our school and then when you remove your child from the school the wonderful art teacher , Ms Leasure will give your child an F even though they had been getting As all year. My frustration level is boiling with this school. Ms Gohl, Ms Garcia are great but they are diamonds in an otherwise steaming pile of horse dung. Sorry but I shouldn't have to worry about my child hating their school so much but with teachers like ms leasure I can see why. The SOAR program is a joke.

Horizon Middle School 5

Posted July 20, 2010
I LOVE IT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH IT IS AWESOME I LOVE IT WITH ALL MY HEART!

1750 Piros Drive, Colorado Springs, CO  80915
Last modified Horizon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horizon Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top