Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Encountered very rude staff including teachers. The teachers were not committed in the students education. Very upset by me and many others experience was at this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My daughter was in the jaguar pod this last year. She would've benefitted more from reading books in the library on the topic than her teachers ever taught her. Not to mention the math teacher falling asleep in class. She came home everyday disappointed in the way she was treated by Her teachers. They have no such compassion and the dean of students wasn't a help at all in any situations. I'm so glad my daughter will not be attending this school anymore. Too much of a hassle to get out of the district though.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Overwhelmed my daughter with way too much. Homework on holidays is ridiculous. The teachers graded very unfairly too. I read one of my daughters essays and it did not deserve a C at all. It was well written and she spent time researching and meeting all the requirements. We even had one of our friends read it who's a school teacher (for the 10th grade) without telling her who's it was or the reason and she said it should've gotten at least a B if not an A.

I have 3 boys that all attend or have attended Sagewood and we have had a great experience here. Not everyday anywhere will be "perfect" as my kids say, but they all enjoy their time here. Our teachers have been very supportive. I have a son in the SSN program and couldn't praise that department enough! The kids are very interactive, and other students are assigned to help him in all his elective classes. Many of those students are thinking of going into the field and they love the opportunity to work with the "special" kids.

Heartbreaking to hear that a kid is being bullied by both the students and the people charged with protecting him. We had the same issue at our previous school. Sagewood has been great for our child. We have heard of a kid in class, though, that kids pick on and then he reacts in a way that annoys the teachers too so he is sort of stuck. Neither teachers or students like him so he isn't really getting the chance he needs to be himself and relax. It might be the size of the classes here. We have had a really good experience here but I am guessing that managing 160 kids a day takes away from the opportunity for teachers to protect kids from this kind of abuse, I hope these parents don't give up hope and this kid doesn't either. I hope all parents will teach their kids to be kind instead of cruel.

They amount of bullying in this school is RIDICULOUS! My son is picked on daily. He is physically assaulted each day by other students when walking down the hallways. He gets scolded by the staff when he tries to report it or gets in trouble when he defends himself. I have also talked to the Assistant Principal multiple times about this. I was assured that this would be take care of. It hasn't as of yet. I don't like being lied to. I have now reached out to the Principal. My son tells me daily that he doesn't want to go to school. This is the first school he has ever said this about. This started in September, it is now March. The teachers are rude and do not communicate if there is a problem. I have to reach out to them. I honestly have nothing good to say about the school other than it has a pretty view of the mountains.

This school is a joke! I'm trying to get my student out of here! There are some great teachers but instructional support teachers are a joke! They don't handle problems well at all!

This is our second year at Sagewood and we have been very happy with the staff and the opportunities. Principal Jaeger is amazing and attends everything. There is an active PTO and SAC to stay involved and aware of what is happening. The choir and band are traveling to Disneyland over spring break. There are other trips to Costa Rica, Europe and Washington DC too. My child is an A/B student that has grown in this environment and been recognized at quarterly honor roll programs. I would recommend this school.

Sagewood is a joke of a middle school. My daughter is a special needs student and she was actually pushed down in the hallway! The staff didn't even inform me of this until weeks later during a conference. I asked what I could do to help and they had few ideas. I have found that the kids there are very rude and disrespectful. Please do adequete research before enrolling your children here. It was a nightmare for me and especially my daughter!

Sagewood Middle School is bad. The majority of kids there are rich and don't understand reality. I have gone here for one and a half years and do not like it. A lot of kids are stuck up too. I don't have a lot of money so it's hard to go school with these kids.

Last modified Sagewood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.