Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

My daughter just graduated in June 2016. She had some personal problems along the way, mainly in 9th and 10th grade. The school was very accommodating, helpful and proactive in helping my daughter. The principal, her counselor and the entire guidance staff were particularly helpful. She ended up graduating and is attending college right now, with plans to go to graduate school afterward.

I graduated from New Fairfield HS in '08. The school enabled me to attend a great university and offerings numerous opportunities in both athletics and arts. The school offers numerous advance and AP courses that allow students to challenge themselves at each grade level. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the school and still maintain great relationships with the faculty/staff who mentored me throughout my high school career.

My 2 children have gone through the New Fairfield school system. In my experience the school staff and administration are excellent, with just a few exceptions. My son was able to participate in some great extra-curricular academic and music programs and was able to attend his first choice college after graduating. My daughter needed help and support which was successful in enabling her to reach her potential. For kids who are coming in to the school district from elsewhere, the schools are small enough to not be overwhelming, but large enough to offer good academic, arts and athletic programs.

I graduated with a 4.0. I had a lot of academic support and did very well in college. But I was so miserable in high school I ended up in therapy and on various psychiatric medications. And you know what the administration told me? "You'd be surprised how many of our students are in similar situations.." So you're telling me that many of the students here are miserable? But all you do is make it worse and worse. Now they've made it even more academically challenging. That wasn't what they needed to do. The kids need more than 24 minutes for lunch. And not to be yelled at if it takes them 4 minutes instead of 3 to travel all the way from the pool to the corner classroom in the basement. And if they forget to sign into study hall but a teacher can vouch for them that they were there do they seriously deserve detention? That's what happens. All the school cares about is image. Nobody takes a moment to consider how this is affecting the students in the long term. I do not recommend sending your students to this school. It is filled with drama and is a corrupt system that is only seen after it is too late.

We have 2 children in NFHS right now. They both have attended New Fairfield Schools since Pre K and we have never had any problems. One of my children is very athletic, playing multiple sports and very ambitious academically also. The other one is very introverted, quiet and has some learning disabilities. So if 2 totally different characters, socially and academically, can both be on the honor roll and thrive in the New Fairfield School's environment, I think we have a good system. I would recommend it to anyone who likes the small town, small school setting.

This school lacks diversity in the worst way. The administration is very good at coverup. There priorities are not the children, only their image. I wish i would have known that before i enrolled my child. I hope this posting helps another family... We are moving

New Fairfield Schools. My Wife and I sent 4 Children through this school system. Three of them were inducted into the National Honor Society. All four of them graduated from college with at least a 4 year degree and one with a Masters degree. I think it is really amusing that most of the negative reviews about this school system were written by former students, most of whom were probably looking to blame someone for their own ineptitude. A good education starts with the correct values instilled. This enables a student to commit to the rigors of educating one's self because it is really not up to anyone else to do this for YOU. With all that being said, I am quite sure that there are individuals who may have some valid reasons for feeling negative about the system, and about themselves.

I have two children in this school system and not only are they both happy kids but also on the honor roll as well. My oldest was behind in reading and with the extra help they received they are now top of their class. I find it comical that students are commenting. Considering they do not have the maturity to know the difference between this school and others. I did not grow up here nor did my spouse and we agree that this is a great school with a great community atmosphere.

I highly recommend not sending your child here. As I went through my education there i found many of the bad reviews here to be quite true. Much to my dismay i found teaching myself was more efficient, and if your not disabled or a genius there is no support or programs for you, your either dumb or smart... black or white. there is no diversity, teachers don't care with the exception of two in particular. Teachers choose favourites, drugs are rampant with no effort to stop that, if your not in a sport then your nothing, and there are next to no real extra curricular activities. The technology is sub par as is their history/global studies program. in the end your student will graduate with the ability to ace every test you hand them.. except the one we all face in life.. real life outside school, all your child will be able to do is what the administration wants them to.. and that's make a school look good

NFHS is a great school. Strong, caring principal/leadership, excellent teachers and challenging programs for college-prep students. Better than many expensive, private schools in the area.

Last modified New Fairfield High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.