Stamford, CT

Westover School 4

Posted March 05, 2014
I have two kids in Westover, daughter in fifth and son in first grade. School has a great diversity. I believe, my kids are very well positioned academically and in extra-curricular activities (with average parental involvement). The kids are grouped by their reading and math levels. It helps them either challenge or pace themselves. Teachers are wonderful for the most part, there are a few exceptions. Principal runs a tight-ship. She could be frustrating to some parents. However I believe running a big organization takes a lot and I think she does a fine job. Overall my kids have learned, grown, won accolades in Westover. I wish the middle school sets as high standards. Nevertheless there are frustrating periods with teachers and other kids - its important to remember everything is a package deal and we need to make the best of the situation!

Posted October 22, 2013
I love the school, the staff is wonderful and the teachers really push the kids to their ability.

Posted September 10, 2013
I'm very pleased with this school. My son enjoys going to this school. I like their Arts and problem solving program that is very well organised and the teachers here make kids learn in a fun way.

Westover School 2

Posted April 11, 2013
very disappointed with the way things are being run here. wish my tax money worked for betterment of my kid.

Westover School 3

Posted April 08, 2013
i have a mixed feelings about this school. some teachers are effective and most are ineffective. not sure if someone is working on fixing this. it used to be a very good school 4-5 years back but, not anymore.

Westover School 2

Posted April 07, 2013
diverse population and the facility is huge. it could have been run in a much better way i.e. the head of this school can use some training and help

Westover School 4

Posted March 28, 2013
I really like westover for my kids. I have a daughter who is about to graduate this June and a son in first grade. They foster an atmosphere of responsibility and accountability. Some parents may find the culture of the school more harsh but I like the no no sense approach. Parents are also involved as support which is a crucial element to success.

Posted March 11, 2013
Westover School is the best elementery school in stamford, teachers and principal are nice and they are very dedicated with the students. We would strongly recommend westover to anybody.

Westover School 3

Posted May 25, 2010
westover where much better school two years ago know i do not know it seems like the leadership in the school is more towards helping the teachers not the students

Posted December 22, 2009

Westover School
412 Stillwater Ave, Stamford, CT  06906
Last modified Westover School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westover School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top