Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My daughter went to Marshall since k-5 and she is currently 15 and now my son has been there since k and is currently in 5th, I LOVE THIS SCHOOL !! . I can not express how much I love this school and how warm & very caring everyone is there.

I am a parent of a 4th grade student at Thurgood Marshall Elementary. I wanted to tell you how much my family appreciates the Administration and Teaching Staff at Thurgood Marshall. Over the last 5 years, their guidance, motivation, love and support with my daughters academic learning and community involvement has been amazing. We love the Staff at MARSHALL!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

”To some the staff at Marshall may be just teachers but to my daughter they are her HERO’s” WE love the staff at Marshall

Develops character: Strongly agree

The students at Marshall learn and are treated with honesty, integrity and fairness from the first day they walk past the crayons and through the main doors. As a parent walking through the halls, everyone is greeted personally and with a smile. When my daughter was in 3rd grade, I asked her if she was her teachers favorite and her response was "There are no favorites in my class - they love everyone equally" - we love the staff at Marshall!

Marshall elementary is a great school. My son is in the first grade and my daughter is in K. This school has a great principal who opens car doors for students in the parking lot EVERY DAY! I love the teachers there as well. Teachers of my kids are very responsible and really care about their growths. They also have customized curriculum based on the students' academic progress to keep them challenged. My kids really love this school! By the way, I don't know if every school offer the same menu for lunch, but my son is a big fan of Marshall's lunch :)

My child's first year is about to end and we both loved every minute! The staff is fantastic! We absolutely love Marshall!

Horrible school! Some teachers are so mean to the kids. I don't know why they are still able to work with kids. I asked and was told they can't get rid of them because they are tenured. Tenured or not when someone is yelling at kids they shouldn't be allowed around them. Also the "new curriculum" is the worst ever! It confuses the kids more than anything. My kids absolutely HATE Thurgood Marshall, I can't wait to get them into Gateway Lab Charter School! There are a few really good teachers there, the principal Mr. Kennedy is great, he really cares. Classroom sizes are horrible sometimes 30+ to 1! If your child is gifted good luck getting them the education they need. Enrichment classes meet once a week for 30 minutes! That'll really help them out! Horrible horrible school! Do not voluntarily send you children here!

We love this school, I have had three children attend this school. I am very proud to tell where my children go to school. The teachers are wonderful and work with the children. As well as the staff is outstanding. Would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Marshall Elem is one of the highest ranking school in Delaware, Just as good as Newark Charter if you check the test scores. The teachers are wonderful and the staff is outstanding.

My son's in 3rd grade. He loves the school and not even once he has complained of anything and being a parent this is the best feeling one can have really. I'm so proud my son's a part of this school.

Last modified Marshall (Thurgood) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.