Marshall (Thurgood) Elementary School 1

Posted August 15, 2014
Horrible school! Some teachers are so mean to the kids. I don't know why they are still able to work with kids. I asked and was told they can't get rid of them because they are tenured. Tenured or not when someone is yelling at kids they shouldn't be allowed around them. Also the "new curriculum" is the worst ever! It confuses the kids more than anything. My kids absolutely HATE Thurgood Marshall, I can't wait to get them into Gateway Lab Charter School! There are a few really good teachers there, the principal Mr. Kennedy is great, he really cares. Classroom sizes are horrible sometimes 30+ to 1! If your child is gifted good luck getting them the education they need. Enrichment classes meet once a week for 30 minutes! That'll really help them out! Horrible horrible school! Do not voluntarily send you children here!

Posted August 27, 2013
We love this school, I have had three children attend this school. I am very proud to tell where my children go to school. The teachers are wonderful and work with the children. As well as the staff is outstanding. Would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 27, 2013
Marshall Elem is one of the highest ranking school in Delaware, Just as good as Newark Charter if you check the test scores. The teachers are wonderful and the staff is outstanding.

Posted May 03, 2013
My son's in 3rd grade. He loves the school and not even once he has complained of anything and being a parent this is the best feeling one can have really. I'm so proud my son's a part of this school.

Posted November 30, 2011
I love Marshall, We have looked at private school when they changed the feeder pattern and none even compared to Marshall, so i choiced my daughter in, now I have a Daughter in 4th, and one in 2nd...My 4th grader has never missed a day a marshall and my 2nd grader only 1day...They love everything about the school...They cry when school is out for the summer...Im a involved parents who would like to thank Every STAFF,TEACHER, AND PARENTS(PTA) who make this the best school!!! Sincerely One Proud Parent

Posted May 31, 2011
My sons love this school and are so happy to go each day. The staff are wonderful from the principal down to the cafeteria workers. Everyone takes the time to get to know each and every child. They let the children know that they are really interested in how they learn and are willing to give 120 % to every child. They listen to the parents and work as a team to help the child meet their goals.

Posted May 06, 2011
I absolutely love this school it's faculty and principal. Everyone seems to have the best interest of our children at heart. My daughter has been going to this school since Kindergarten and she has had the most enthusiastic teacher's fostering her academic progress every year! I reccomend this school to everyone who asks!

Marshall (Thurgood) Elementary School
101 Barrett Run Drive, Newark, DE  19702
Last modified Marshall (Thurgood) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marshall (Thurgood) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.