Posted November 10, 2014
I have had two children attend Smyrna Elementary School and have been very happy with both of their experiences! The teachers and staff are wonderful and caring. The principal Mr. Morrison is great and keeps things running smoothly and the kids love him. My youngest son is currently a 3rd grader at SES and he has a wonderful teacher and comes home everyday telling me how much fun he had. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a wonderful learning environment for their child with caring, excellent staff!! Every other parent I have spoken with in the school is as enthusiastic in their praises. Can't say enough good things about SES. One statement of caution; If your child is going into 3rd grade make sure you ask your 2nd grade teacher for a recommended teacher the following year. There is one 3rd grade teacher every one familiar with knows to avoid.

Posted April 26, 2014
Top School in the district. Teachers work hard and care even harder for their kids.

Posted November 13, 2013
My son is in the second grade at Smyrna Elementary and I couldn't be more pleased with his performance! From the very start it was noticed by his kindergarten teacher that he was having difficulty with the work and he was immediately tested for possible learning deficits. He was placed on an IEP and was given the extra help he needed to excel. All of the teachers here demonstrate daily their love for teaching and their desire to have your child reach their full potential and beyond!

Posted July 30, 2013
Amazing staff, amazing administrators. I have a child who had behavioral issues that prompted expulsion from 3 separate child care centers. Even prior to his first day of school they had communicated a plan to me and valued my input as a parent. He made significant progress in the first 3 months and now, starting on our 3rd year in the Smyrna Elementary School he is an enthusiastic learner and excels! I cannot thank the staff and administrators enough for all of the support they have shown my son and me. My daughter, who does not have the issues of her brother has also blossomed under the guidance of the teachers. I highly recommend this school to anyone. Seriously, the BEST!

Smyrna Elementary School 1

Posted September 20, 2012
6 year old grandson got hurt during Gym and school never called parents to report that he fell and hurt his head even after nurse put ice on it , he ended up a KGH and was told he had slight concussion and school is swaring he never got hurt , while kids in his first grade class tell different story .. In face another child same day same class got hurt too, We to this day dont knowwhy they are saying they have no report

Posted January 12, 2011
My daughter has been going to Smyrna Elementary since 1st grade and has enjoyed her time here. As a parent of a current student I have volunteered in the classroom and have first hand knowledge of all that the teachers do for the students. I really appreciate how hard the teachers work for my child as well as other students. I highly recommend Smyrna Elementary!

Smyrna Elementary School
121 South School Lane, Smyrna, DE  19977
Last modified Smyrna Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smyrna Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top