Wilmington, DE
Students enrolled: 1,032
After care: No

Posted October 03, 2014
Students and families are the main focus of our school. We have dedicated the last 7 years to improving our the culture and climate of our building, while raising at the academic rigor for all students. We continue to decrease the achievement gap by addressing individual student's needs by analyzing data that drives instruction. We are not perfect, but we are good at what we do. Serving students and families is what we do best.

Mount Pleasant High School 4

Posted April 27, 2014
I'm currently a senior , and I've grown so much as far as education. Me attending this schooled allowed me to shine and show all that I can do. I didn't have that opportunity at my first high school in the roxborough area of Philadelphia. Staff are really helpful, and they care. There are many clubs and sports. The only complaint would be dress code. They pick and choose who to call out on dress code violations. There's so many rules for dress code for a school where you wear whatever you want..uniform might as well be in forced!!

Mount Pleasant High School 3

Posted December 08, 2013
I go to this school, and it's ehhh, it's not bad, but its not excellent either. I do wish it were a bit more diverse, I wish we had more electives, we don't even have cosmetology. I like the staff, they're good at handling what ever issues students may be experiencing, otherwise, no complaints.

Posted August 26, 2012
I began teaching at Mount in 05-06 so I found reading these reviews interesting. It acuratly portrays the changes in the school over the last 7 years. I am pleased to share that we made AYP this year and our students scored in the same range or above students in the other high schools in our district. As a member of the faculy, I know what hard work has gone into creating the positive academic results and educational climate in the building. Our faculty has worked with our administration, students, and families to make the Mount commjunity one we are all proud to be a part of. This is the year for others to "Adjust Your Perceptions" of Mount as we celebrate making AYP and work even harder to do it again this year.

Posted January 10, 2011
Mount Pleasant is a great school. Yes, it's home to the IB Programme and yes, those kids tend to be the most involved, but... so are their parents. Kids who are not in IB and AP who do well also tend to have parents who are involved. So a big key to your child's success is to take an active role in something at the school. For the kids, there are lots of opportunities to enjoy their high school years... music (choral, symphonic, concert, jazz, early music, marching, pep band, special choral groups), sports (year round offerings), an excellent culinary program, an in-school radio station, the only student-led Relay for Life in the state, the only student-led Tri M in the state, Invisible Children, academic competitions, etc. One of my daughters graduated from MPHS last year and I have another there as a freshman this year. Both had great experiences, teachers who care, and lots of opportunities. It's a great school if your child and you get involved and take advantage of all it has to offer!

Mount Pleasant High School
5201 Washington Street Extension, Wilmington, DE  19809
Last modified Mount Pleasant High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount Pleasant High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top