Brandon, FL

Yates Elementary School 4

Posted August 18, 2013
I was kind of leery to be honest when my kids switched to this school from another school. Gladly I could not have been more wrong! My kids really like it here. My youngest actually turned down a magnet school to go here again this upcoming year.

Posted October 20, 2010
I have subbed at Yates several times and I can say that this school is top notch when it comes to discpline and structure. A lot of positive reinforcement is used and the Eaglet Bucks is such a great incentive program for the children! The teachers know thier stuff and are all very warm and welcoming to everyone! I'd jump at the chance to be apart of this school!!! I have learned so much from Yates. This school has really given me tons of experience that will make me a successful teacher in the near future :) Keep up the great work Yates!!!

Posted October 30, 2009
Yates is an amazing school. I attended Yates when Mr. Wheeler was principal almost 25 years ago. I have the best childhood memories walking through the halls of Yates. Ms. Needer was my daughter's kindergarten teacher last year and helped me get her back on her feet after a bad divorce. Now she is in the first grade with Ms. Purtz and is becoming the confident little girl I knew she could be. The whole staff at Yates is extremely supportive and we feel lucky to be a part of their family. I am looking so forward to my son joining the kindergarten team this coming year.

Posted September 17, 2009
Yates is an excellent school! My son started in Mrs. Hyder's kindergarten class, she was wonderful! This year he is in 1st grade & loves it. The staff is very kind & Mr. Shields is a great principal. I am proud that my son attends school here & hope to allow him to continue through 5th grade.

Yates Elementary School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
This is a wonderful school. The curriculum is excellent. The staff and teachers are exceptional!

Posted February 11, 2009

Yates Elementary School 0

Posted January 28, 2009
I attended Yates 20 years ago and now my daughter attends. I have always loved their atmosphere. The teachers are great and the so is the administration. I frequently eat lunch with my daughter and it is encouraged by the staff. She also attends the after school program across the street and loves it. I will be sad next year bc it is her last year there. I definitely recommend this school. Very focused on learning and building self esteem!!

Posted December 22, 2008
its a great school they taught me everything even how to gain confidence when feeling down

Posted July 16, 2008

Posted May 20, 2008

Yates Elementary School
301 Kingsway Road, Brandon, FL  33510
Last modified Yates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yates Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top