Public charter
Clearwater, FL

Posted May 08, 2014
Great school. I have one graduate and one who has attended for 7 years. The Clearwater school's building will move next year to a nearby newly built campus. I have always had great teachers for my kids. They communicate well with parents. Teachers who do not teach well do not keep their jobs. Kids have the opportunity to earn high school credit in middle school - 2 years of Greek language credit, as well as any FLVS extras (guitar, Spanish, for example) and higher level math courses. My oldest graduated with 4 high school credits. My youngest will likely graduate with 7 high school credits. The end of year class trip to Greece for both kids was awesome! Family atmosphere. Large air conditioned gym and playing fields out back. New building drawings look great!

Plato Academy Charter School 1

Posted April 19, 2014
Families are leaving this school due to overcrowding and unsanitary conditions. The management company owner has serious questions to answer and the teachers only teach to pass test scores. No real learning takes place.

Posted April 09, 2014
My children attend Plato Academy Clearwater. My children love their teachers. They are given lots of homework but it is worth it in the long run. The teacher work with the kids that have difficulty with the lessons. They offer tutoring and RTI. The school offers plenty of after school activities. The principal knows all the students by name. The staff, administration and teachers are great in regards to communication. Parents are friendly. Kids are great. I LOVE BEING PART OF THE PLATO FAMILY!!

Posted September 26, 2013
My kids school is plato academy in Seminole, Fl My kids love to go to school and i can tell they are improving everyday on school work.

Plato Academy Charter School 1

Posted August 29, 2013
They don't teach children much at school, it's all about homework. In school it's all about deterrence and discipline. Didn't see that kids are happy there. Restaurant owners and former telemarketing owner opened a business to make money. All they care is good result on FCAT so they can get more money from government. Your child there is a number. Wouldn't recommend to anybody...

Plato Academy Charter School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
We couldn't ask for a better kindergarten teacher for our 5 year old. Mrs. Badders at Clearwater Plato is amazing!

Posted August 23, 2013
Our school is phenomenal in every way! The teachers are top notch and have a wide range of diversified backgrounds. We even have teachers from Greece that teach the students by using the Greek language that they have been learning since Pre-K. The school staff and administration are caring, experienced individuals that provide a safe, strict and loving environment for our children. The cultural education here cannot be found anywhere else. The results show that Plato is a top school in Florida and likely nationwide as well. The extracurricular activities are awesome. We are a very technologically advanced school where every student has an iPad or laptop or both! These kids (and their parents) love their school and are very successful. Great leadership, with impeccable results, provides an atmosphere that is not only safe and secure, but the best education you can obtain for your child. We are very grateful.

Posted August 22, 2013
Plato Academy is great! Our school is small but mighty. We have very caring teachers and staff. The teachers are working very hard to help every student be successful learners as well as well rounded citizens. Our family loves the private school experience at a public school price. I am a very happy parent.

Posted May 20, 2013
I have known Mrs Turro for several years now; she was my daughter's teacher at Plato CW; I can with certainty say there are few teachers as involved and caring for their students as Mrs Turro, ...I totally agree with the previous parent comment, instead of coming to a blog to be disrespectul to the school and to the principal; take some responsibility yourself for the situation; get involved....after all, its your child's education.

Posted May 18, 2013
My Children Attend the Tarpon Springs Location: It's sad when I go through the reviews and see a negative comment about Plato Tarpon. To call out a principal by name is low. Honestly, if you do not care for the way Plato or the principal does things, you can do 1 of 2 things. Get involved with the PTO and make a difference or pull your kid out and send them to a public school(We'll be in greece(thanks to plato) while you are still waiting for your IPad in your new public school)) but don't whine online. Mrs. Turro shows up to every single Plato event(at the expense of her own family time, and that's because she cares). She knows her parents and children by name. I challenge anyone to know that many names. She is unable to give every parent 5 minutes during school hours because she is working. Do you believe she can stop everything during school hours because that time is good for you? Call and set a meeting, email her and if you do not get a response right away, then follow up till you do. That's the way big people do it. Oh yes and by the way the homework is not overkill, it's exactly why Plato is # 1! They expect more from the students, teachers and administrators.

Plato Academy Charter School
401 Old Coachman Road, Clearwater, FL  33765
Last modified Plato Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plato Academy Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 86 reviews. Top