Stranahan High School 4

Posted July 03, 2014
I HONESTLY CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW DOES THIS SCHOOL PASS HEALTH CHECKS.THIS SCHOOL HAS MAJOR LANDSCAPING ISSUES. THE STATE OR BROWARD COUNTY NEED TO DONATE MONEY TO FIX THE SCHOOL, BECAUSE IT IS IN POOR CONDITION.

Posted March 29, 2014
My son graduated from Stranahan's Medical Magnet program in 2013 with an excellent foundation for his chosen career path. This is my second post and must mention Mrs. Hanrahan along with the aforementioned teachers. I am proud to commend Stranahan High for their commitment to creditable education.

Stranahan High School 2

Posted March 28, 2014
How about a review for students NOT in the magnet program? The magnet program means NOTHING if your student is in the regular population. We were told by the administration that if our child didn't want to be there they didn't want her there. No support of any kind.

Posted September 06, 2013
Both my children went to Stranahan High School. One was in the Engineering Magnet and is now at UF. The other is in the medical magnet. The teachers are wonderful and go out of their way to help students. The principal is very visible. Great programs have been introduced even allowing the students to get an AA degree by the time they graduate! I highly recommend this school.

Stranahan High School 3

Posted April 13, 2011
Stranahan is filled with teachers who don't care and who dont want to help. The school is dirty and the students are ghetto and uncivilized. Not to mention, the rude staff. The only good thing i have to say about Stranahan is that it has an pretty good magnet program.

Posted January 13, 2010
I am graduating from Stranahan this year (2010) and I am truely proud of the magnet programs, clubs, and activities that the school provides. For instance Stranahan provides its Summer Science Heat Program for incomming freshman which is lead by Ms. Shim-Normile, which i attended the summer of my sophmore year, and it was truely exciting.

Posted September 16, 2009
I received a top-notch honors educations at Stranahan as a Medical Magnet Student, and would have received a good education even if I hadn't been part of the magnet program. The school is one of Broward County's best-kept secrets, a 'ghetto school' with a very low rate of violent incidents; I was safer here than in the suburban middle school in my district, which I attended before going to Stranahan. With the retrospective which (hopefully!) comes with age, I only wish I took better advantage of the opportunities offered me at Stranahan. It deserves more recognition for all it offers.

Stranahan High School 4

Posted September 01, 2009
Stranahan has an excellent magnet program. I am proud to be a student there.

Posted March 04, 2009

Posted January 09, 2009
i am currently a student at stranahan high school. our school is rated one of the best high schools in the nation.As with other high schools we have our problem but for the most part it is a good academic school. our clubs and sports teams are diverse and family oriented.

Stranahan High School
1800 Southwest 5th Place, Fort Lauderdale, FL  33312
Last modified Stranahan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stranahan High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top