Lutz, FL

Mckitrick Elementary School 2

Posted December 19, 2014
We transferred into McKitrick this year from an out of state public school. We are shocked everyday at the callous attitude of the teachers, the complete lack of organization and communication, and the almost total lack of extracurricular activities. I'm not sure what people are thinking when they recommend this school. I'm trying to think of something positive to write to offset the negative, but I honestly can't. We'll be pulling our child out after this year.

Mckitrick Elementary School 3

Posted December 15, 2014
This school is great on the outside, however some of the staff have zero compassion for the children. If your child needs any extra help in academics, this school is not for them. I am highly disappointed in the way this school operates. Test scores, and image matter more than the children.

Mckitrick Elementary School 3

Posted October 11, 2014
I have had three kids come up through this school. The academics are absolutely great. However, more than half the teachers have had extremely poor attitudes. There are a handful of good ones, yet plenty of them seem as though they wish they didn't have to put up with the profession they chose. They are dredging through the day, snapping at kids for anything that they are annoyed by. They have this crazy "check" system for behavior. The kids even get checks for having fun at lunch time, the only time they can actually talk to their friends. One teacher is called the "check queen." Thanka to her, my child no longer enjoys school.

Posted July 08, 2014
I am surprised by the negative reviews here - are they talking about the same school my kids go to? I found the teachers outstanding - my kids are very happy here, and are always excited to go to school. This is an excellent school for gifted and motivated kids with no behavioral issues. This school is extremely safe, I would say they go overboard on safety. The teachers we have had are very nurturing, caring and always put the interests of the children ahead of everything. I feel extremely fortunate to be in this zip code!

Mckitrick Elementary School 1

Posted June 25, 2014
My 5 year old dropped off by the bus driver in the wrong neighborhood and left wandering around on her own for 45 minutes. Nothing was done by the administration except to tell me it was hard to get bus drivers who want to travel so far north and I shouldn't make too big a fuss because it might jeopardize the neighborhood bus stop. I have to agree with the earlier comment- a school has to be safe first.

Posted June 06, 2014
This is my granddaughter's last year at McKitrick. We both are already missing all the teachers, office workers and Principal. This is an excellent school I will recommended to everybody.

Posted June 05, 2014
My daughter is finishing First Grade and I just want to say that Mckitrick is an excellent PUBLIC school. High involvement from the parents make a huge difference as it's really hard for the teachers to keep the Class A classification that the school has with 17-20 kids per classroom and NO helper. The facilities are always spotless clean, the staff is courteous and friendly, the afterschool program HOST is well organized and help the kids with their homework. Some parents confuse the fact that because the school is located in a middle-high class neighborhood they have the right to expect Private School education (low teacher-student ratio/ music and sports extra curricular activities/ foreign languages lessons,etc). The teachers dedicate a lot of their spare time to prepare the lessons and activities and I couldn't be more grateful for the education my daughter is receiving.

Mckitrick Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2014
This school was not a safe place for my children. There are several highly qualified and dedicated teachers. There are also teachers who do not support recess for event the youngest students. The administration lacks proper vetting of it's staff and personal issues are brought into the classroom. Our family personally experienced prejudice because of this and the environment became a particularly threatening, unhappy place for one of my children. The administration choose to support the offending staff member and I choose to pull my children from the school. Before an education can be great, it must be safe.

Posted April 21, 2014
McKitrick Elementary is a wonderful public school in the hillsborough county district of Florida. As a past Executive Board Member, PTA and 110% achiever, I salute you for doing a great job. My youngest is transitioning to Maritinez this year.

Mckitrick Elementary School 2

Posted November 07, 2013
Generally speaking, I like this school - but I do agree with the post that children with special needs receive little attention. What a parent gets most is a resistance for specialized interventions and lots of empty promises that their child's needs will be met. The administration seems bothered by the fact that you even raise the question - and the Principal, although pleasant, does not, at all, take an interest. She simply passes this burden to staffers who are complicit in doing as little as possible.

Mckitrick Elementary School
5503 West Lutz Lake Fern Road, Lutz, FL  33558
Last modified Mckitrick Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mckitrick Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top