Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,139

Frank Crawford Martin K-8 Center 4

Posted April 18, 2015
Frank C Martin is an extraordinary K-8 school. My child has been here since Pre-K and WOW it's been awesome! First, the Pre-k teacher Ms. Mecias should be clone. She is a exceptional teacher. I'm so happy she gave my daughter such a strong foundation. Furthermore, Ms. Ballard another wonderful teacher with a big heart. I love, love this school and look forward to my daughter continue her education here. The curriculum is challenging but good.

Posted February 26, 2015
FC Martin K-8 is truly a great school with a dynamic PTSA and high levels of parent participation! Note that Dade's 2016 Teacher of the Year is from FC Martin and he is representative of the overall excellence of the faculty. The principal, Ms. Joseph and her administrative team provide strong leadership and are always working to make sure the school meets the needs of the students. My child has attended FCM from first grade and is now a 7th grader. We have enjoyed the experiences she had each year. Last year she travelled to Spain & France on the school's international trip.This year she is part of the Close Up Washington DC trip and next year she will be visiting Switzerland and Italy with her classmates. Many of the parents of FCM students are teachers and administrators - this is usually an indicator that a school is doing something right. Another plus that FCM has is that its student body is truly diverse - As a parent it is a bonus that you get to meet so many other smart involved parents from a variety of cultures. My husband and I are proud to be FCM K-8 parents.

Posted May 27, 2014
My child came from a private school to FCM middle. This was the best move I made. As an educator myself, one tends to look at other teachers, especially your child's teachers. Its been two years and I am especially pleased with student learning and outcomes. My child is well adjusted and very happy.

Posted April 13, 2014
This school is very over-rated, especially the middle school. The majority of the teachers complain about their pay and the amount of work they have to do. Many of them are very lazy and leave most of the learning up to the students. My child has been at this school from 1st grade and still can not understand any Spanish. If you can get your child into Herbert Ammons, this is by far an all around superior school.

Posted February 04, 2014
This school is horrible. All the teachers where never nice to anyone and never taught anything! I would not recommend this school for anyone. I now have gone to the school "W.R Thomas Middle School" and it is so much better.

Posted January 07, 2014
Frank.c.Martin is the worst school on earth it does not provide the necessary materials for learning. Also the school does not care for the children. The teachers are rude and disrespectful to the parents and children. One time the principal did not give reading materials for the third grade classes and had to use unreadable photo copies of books when there were more than enough books. So a parent had to bring in textbooks for the students to read. And the reason that is important is because third grade is fcat year and needs to have smart students. I was a student from first to fifth grade and hated it that is why I went to Herbert.A.Ammons middle school which is ten times better than Frank.C.Martin. So if you have a child or is a child that wants a good school for middle school go to Herbert.A.Ammons middle school and for elementary school go to Jack.D.Gordon elementary school. Jack.D.Gordon was the school that provided textbooks to the third graders. Frank.C.Martin is like a prison it has no good activities or good teachers. That's why you should go to jack Gordon and ammons middle school. Thank you and pick the right school.

Posted February 19, 2013
This school is a wonderful place for kids to fell the love of a great education and to not only set goals but achieve them also.So thanks Frank C. martin for leading me to a bright future.

Frank Crawford Martin K-8 Center 4

Posted December 18, 2012
The school is in a great community. I am very pleased witht this school. The staff and teachers work as a team to make it a good environment for our kids.

Posted August 16, 2012
This school is terrible. I've been a student here since 2nd grade and now Im moving on to 6th, and personally, these have been the worst four years of my life, There is a major bullying problem going on in this school and the teachers do nothing about it. The principal of this school does not care for the children more than she cares for the awards. I have not enjoyed my time here at FCM. If you want to go to a good school, this is NOT the school you're looking for. It's an absolute joke. But there are two teachers that have kind hearts and caring, positive attitudes towards all their students and their names are Dr. Santerre and Mrs. Davis. They are wonderful teachers who make it a goal to build a strong and meaningful relationship with their students and the parents.

Posted June 03, 2012
I was a student at Frank C Martin for 5 years and left to go to middle school. I am currently at my 8th grade year at Herbert A Ammons middle school. I personally felt that the IB program at FCM was a joke and it didn't prepare me for the IB at Ammons. I have heard from my friends that everyone recieves thier IB certificate even if they did nothing to earn it. Also there were minimal activities and extra curricual clubs and activity. I understand that it focuses mainly on academics but at Ammons we focus on academics and fun activites. I am grateful that I left FCM to go to a better school that offers so much more!

Frank Crawford Martin K-8 Center
14250 Boggs Drive, Miami, FL  33176
Last modified Frank Crawford Martin K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frank Crawford Martin K-8 Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top