1,425 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Renaissance Charter School At University 1

Posted April 04, 2016
This was the worst choice I ever made for my child's education. Leadership is non existent and teachers are horrible. The only thing that matters is enrollment, so they can suck as much public funds as possible out of the system. STAY AWAY AND DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD AT THIS SCHOOL.

Renaissance Charter School At University 2

Posted October 21, 2015
Our experience with Renaissance Charter School at University was disappointing, and now because my children attended Middle School at Renaissance, one of them is having trouble in high school, because he was placed in the wrong math class, upon recommendation from a math teacher at Renaissance, that had only been at the school a short time. I have never experienced so much teacher turnover. There was no leadership in that school under the principal Lashonda White. She could barely answer any questions. My kids never had homework, they never studied and they did just fine at Renaissance. Now that they are in high school, they see that it's a completely different world. Renaissance did not prepare my kids whatsoever to transition to high school. If I had to do it over again, I would not have sent them to this school. Many teachers at my boys' high school have said that unfortunately many of the students that came from Renaissance are struggling. This school needs to do a MUCH better job for their students. I do not recommend this school at all and I regret the decision to send my kids there.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted October 21, 2015
The teachers try. There is no leadership in the school and the turnover rate is way too high and very disruptive.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted October 21, 2015
My boys came home every day saying that they did their homework in school. That's ridiculous.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 01, 2015
It keeps me my toes, but we enjoy doing it as a team!!!! It's a learning experience for me and my daughter. He helps me, help her on the subjects that she working on.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 29, 2015
Some are good. Some are just a disgrace to teachers. I seriously don't think degrees exist in that school.

Renaissance Charter School At University 1

Posted May 29, 2015
This school isn't even close to being a one star. It's absolutely the most horrific school in broward county. Okay it's definitely in the top 3. I can't even find the words to express how horrible this school is. I definitely don't think the school will be around much longer. A smart person will come around and shut it down. They also delete the negative comments every so often. Just take this as a warning. This school will eventually ruin your child!!!

Renaissance Charter School At University 2

Posted September 08, 2014
Renaissance Charter School @ University is one of the most disorganized, money seeking facilities that I've ever encountered. It is my opinion that the welfare of the students take a back seat to the main agenda, money. I hope they've gotten it together by now, but i doubt it. Sad, very sad.

Renaissance Charter School At University 5

Posted July 24, 2014
Great school, over-the-top staff, excellent curriculum and extra-curricular activities. The curriculum offers Art, Music, Science Lab, Spanish, Health, Computer and PE. Teachers are awesome and always willing to help. This is my kids' third year at this school and they loved it. Communication between parents and teachers is EXCELLENT. I highly recommend this school.

Renaissance Charter School At University 4

Posted July 09, 2014
It's a new school and its my son's 2nd year. My daughter will be attending this year and we are all excited. Friendly staff. Great communication between teachers and parents.

8399 North University Drive, Tamarac, FL  33321
Last modified Renaissance Charter School At University is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.