1,425 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter has been going to this school since kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade. She has excelled beyond my wildest dreams! She has had the best teachers so far.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My daughter was bullied. They did and have continued to do nothing. she comes home crying and the school does NOTHING!

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

My daughter has visual problems and I have been begging for them to help. They do nothing to make her learning process easier with her visual issues.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The leadership is ridiculous. How can these people be running an elementary school? Scary!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I do not think the teachers even have degrees. I have never experienced a teacher at this school who is slightly acceptable.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The ability of the school or any of its employees to communicate with the parents is pathetic.

The worse decision was putting my kid in this school. It has been issue after issue. The school lacks communication unless of course, its for fundraising or asking you for money. You'll get an e-mail, phone call/voicemail, and text message when they need something. Yet, for the important stuff like assignments/projects - crickets. For example, I had no idea that my son had to do work online for reading. I got a call from the Asst. Principal saying my kid as only done 7 assignments when he should be at 70. I was shocked since my son does his homework everyday. We sit down and work with him. I asked her how is it that it went that far. Why isn't there protocols in place to advise parents before it got to that point. She says they've had the program for about 2 years and now just learned how to do reporting to catch the kids that weren't where they are supposed to be. Really? 2 years? Then I get my sons Q2 report card and see he has an average in all 10 of his classes over 90% - no one said anything about honor roll. Under the comments section of his report card under Science Lab it says "PRA 45%". 45%? How is that possible when my son is above mastery in the majority of his classes. I e-mail the Science Lab teacher and he says he has no record of a 45% and that my son is missing a Planet project. Not possible. We turned in that planet project way in advance yet the teacher has NO RECORD of this. How is it that teacher doesn't keep track of his students projects? And where did that 45% come from if HE didn't enter it? Also, when I went to the first parent teacher conference I was advise that some kids do not get outside play. WHAT? Why isn't that mandatory? WHY, WHY, WHY? Our kids NEED an outlet. They NEED it. It worries me so much how schools are only worried about funding and how kids score on test. What about the well-being and quality of life for our children? Our future? Avoid this school at all cost! The administration is non-responsive. You have to e-mail multiple times to get a response. I won't even get started on the aftercare staff - that's another joke. By the way, i got an instant alert when my son was chewing gum one day. That same day when I picked him up from aftercare a student asked one of the aftercare ladies for gum - the aftercare person didn't reprimand her or tell her "no gum allowed" yet my kid gets in trouble.

My daughter has been going here since Kindergarten and I must say every year there was something crazy going on.. No school is perfect but Ive about had it with this school. Where shall I begin.. 2nd & 3rd grade my daughters teacher up & left smack dab in the middle os the school year. They had substitutes for the remainder of the year in 2nd, and finally found a teacher to stick around after so many substitutes her 3rd grade year. I had a maintenance man shove a garbage can into my daughters back while passing her in the lunch room after her and some friends were laughing about a joke (she was 7 for crying out loud) When I told the staff about it they said they would speak to him and of course i demanded an apology for my daughter as well as my self. We Never Got One! That was overlooked! Or the time my daughter hit her head on the basketball when playing outside, I got a call saying they had ice on her head but she was ok. But when i picked her up she was vomiting brought her to the ER they said she had a concussion from the fall. But she was fine right?? Ive had a problem with a teacher talking down to my daughter last year to the point that she was even scared to ask the teacher for help. Brought it up to the principal after having many attempts to fix it with a teachers conference.. Mrs. White defended this teacher to the end! Like she did nothing wrong. At this age a child is very honest, I know my daughter was intimated by this teacher. Meanwhile spoke with a very knowledgeable & longterm staff member there who said "Oh yea Ive heard about her, she very rude." My daughter and other students also said the teacher barely taught the class and was always on her cell phone. Let me guess, she made that up too? This will be my daughters last year here. I hate that I have to change schools but how many more years can I go with a principal running a school who believes everything the teachers say and basically calls you and your child a liar. The VP is even worse. Things are overlooked on a daily basis and until something is done this school will forever be unorganized and remain at the low grade average that it is. Parents don't waste your time here. I thought putting my daughter in a charter school would be best for her but turns out it was a mistake. The principal and staff's main concern is money and scoring high on tests to beat other schools..

I won't speak to the quality of the teachers here, but I want to make a quick comment about the administration. They are not reliable nor responsive. Do not trust them to carry through without constant followup by the customer. Think twice here.

This was the worst choice I ever made for my child's education. Leadership is non existent and teachers are horrible. The only thing that matters is enrollment, so they can suck as much public funds as possible out of the system. STAY AWAY AND DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD AT THIS SCHOOL.

Last modified Renaissance Charter School At University is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.