1,425 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

My daughter has been going here since Kindergarten and I must say every year there was something crazy going on.. No school is perfect but Ive about had it with this school. Where shall I begin.. 2nd & 3rd grade my daughters teacher up & left smack dab in the middle os the school year. They had substitutes for the remainder of the year in 2nd, and finally found a teacher to stick around after so many substitutes her 3rd grade year. I had a maintenance man shove a garbage can into my daughters back while passing her in the lunch room after her and some friends were laughing about a joke (she was 7 for crying out loud) When I told the staff about it they said they would speak to him and of course i demanded an apology for my daughter as well as my self. We Never Got One! That was overlooked! Or the time my daughter hit her head on the basketball when playing outside, I got a call saying they had ice on her head but she was ok. But when i picked her up she was vomiting brought her to the ER they said she had a concussion from the fall. But she was fine right?? Ive had a problem with a teacher talking down to my daughter last year to the point that she was even scared to ask the teacher for help. Brought it up to the principal after having many attempts to fix it with a teachers conference.. Mrs. White defended this teacher to the end! Like she did nothing wrong. At this age a child is very honest, I know my daughter was intimated by this teacher. Meanwhile spoke with a very knowledgeable & longterm staff member there who said "Oh yea Ive heard about her, she very rude." My daughter and other students also said the teacher barely taught the class and was always on her cell phone. Let me guess, she made that up too? This will be my daughters last year here. I hate that I have to change schools but how many more years can I go with a principal running a school who believes everything the teachers say and basically calls you and your child a liar. The VP is even worse. Things are overlooked on a daily basis and until something is done this school will forever be unorganized and remain at the low grade average that it is. Parents don't waste your time here. I thought putting my daughter in a charter school would be best for her but turns out it was a mistake. The principal and staff's main concern is money and scoring high on tests to beat other schools..

I won't speak to the quality of the teachers here, but I want to make a quick comment about the administration. They are not reliable nor responsive. Do not trust them to carry through without constant followup by the customer. Think twice here.

This was the worst choice I ever made for my child's education. Leadership is non existent and teachers are horrible. The only thing that matters is enrollment, so they can suck as much public funds as possible out of the system. STAY AWAY AND DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD AT THIS SCHOOL.

Our experience with Renaissance Charter School at University was disappointing, and now because my children attended Middle School at Renaissance, one of them is having trouble in high school, because he was placed in the wrong math class, upon recommendation from a math teacher at Renaissance, that had only been at the school a short time. I have never experienced so much teacher turnover. There was no leadership in that school under the principal Lashonda White. She could barely answer any questions. My kids never had homework, they never studied and they did just fine at Renaissance. Now that they are in high school, they see that it's a completely different world. Renaissance did not prepare my kids whatsoever to transition to high school. If I had to do it over again, I would not have sent them to this school. Many teachers at my boys' high school have said that unfortunately many of the students that came from Renaissance are struggling. This school needs to do a MUCH better job for their students. I do not recommend this school at all and I regret the decision to send my kids there.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The teachers try. There is no leadership in the school and the turnover rate is way too high and very disruptive.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My boys came home every day saying that they did their homework in school. That's ridiculous.

Amount of homework: Disagree

It keeps me my toes, but we enjoy doing it as a team!!!! It's a learning experience for me and my daughter. He helps me, help her on the subjects that she working on.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some are good. Some are just a disgrace to teachers. I seriously don't think degrees exist in that school.

This school isn't even close to being a one star. It's absolutely the most horrific school in broward county. Okay it's definitely in the top 3. I can't even find the words to express how horrible this school is. I definitely don't think the school will be around much longer. A smart person will come around and shut it down. They also delete the negative comments every so often. Just take this as a warning. This school will eventually ruin your child!!!

Renaissance Charter School @ University is one of the most disorganized, money seeking facilities that I've ever encountered. It is my opinion that the welfare of the students take a back seat to the main agenda, money. I hope they've gotten it together by now, but i doubt it. Sad, very sad.

Last modified Renaissance Charter School At University is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.