Deer Park Elementary School 1

Posted September 12, 2014
My child just started 1st grade this year at D.P. and I have already noticed some weirdness in e-mails interactions with the teacher. This week I went there for my first volunteering and I was so upset. The teacher yelled at the children the entire time I was there. I was so sad when I left, I almost cried. You expect a child bullying another child, not their teacher!

Posted January 25, 2014
We LOVED our Kindergarten teacher here, Mrs. Lee. She was excellent in all aspects. But now in first grade we have been really disappointed. It seems that the curriculum is only placing ALL emphasis on FCAT performance than providing a solid education that will allow these students to compete throughout their lives. I'm not going o even mention the "non-existent" principal with NO leadership whatsoever.

Deer Park Elementary School 1

Posted January 23, 2014
I saw someone wrote they are impressed with the cleanliness of the school. Did you know children were getting sick because of the bacteria because of the water damage? With kids getting sick, they had to "redo" part of the school. Communication is poor at the school, information gets out last minute if it does get out at all. Many safety concerns with the school as there were holes in the play area/playground that kids were falling in and getting fractured ankles and also police were called when several kids heard adults yelling in the bushes. Notice how you never see the principal, Mrs. Porebski at the outside school functions? Lots of bullying at this school and nothing is done on the principal's part, teacher or guidance counselor. The principal is more concerned with her physical appearance than what goes on at the school. HOST program is poor too. Kids just run around the cafeteria.

Posted September 26, 2013
My ten year old daughter (5th grader) NYC. Deer Park has made the transition wonderful. The teachers and administration are very communicative, and the curriculum is challenging yet provides students with all the necessary tools for success! Thank you!

Posted August 27, 2013
My started Kindergarten this year, and I have to say that I am impressed with the cleanliness of the school, the amazing staff and teachers. I am very happy to have him starting in such a great place!

Posted August 11, 2013
My daughter will be starting 1st grade this year @ Deer Park. She loved her kindergarten teacher and class but I was less than impressed with the principal and the overall running of the school. There is very little communication with the parents and what does come is very late/last minute. The principal has no leadership skills and does not begin to know how to talk to parents. She seems more concerned with herself than the students. We never saw her at any school function. The school also seems overcrowded as they were struggling to find additional classrooms last year. Everyone talks about what a great school, but I'm not seeing it.

Posted July 15, 2013
My daughter completed her kindergarten year here @ deer park & she absolutely Loved it! Ms.Febre & Ms.Henry were amazing!! Very involved with their students & attentive to each students individual needs. I loved that they pay close attention to each students strengths & weaknesses & use that information to help them maximize their learning abilities. My child finished kindergarten as 1 of the top students in her class & reading @ a 2nd grade reading level. Staff members are very friendly & always helpful. I couldn't tell you how many times I'd be on campus & a staff member would approach me to tell me how well my child was doing. The staff knows their students even though they're not in their class & that alone says a lot to how attentive they are. This school really cares about their students & ensuring that they progress in ALL areas. We moved due to work related reasons & I am sad to have to withdraw her from Deer Park. I highly recommend Deer Park to anyone considering or new to the area.

Posted July 01, 2013
The teachers at the school are top notch. The school is in a very good location. The only major issue is that the principal lacks good leadership skills and it does bring the quality down. WIth at new principal I would I would rate it a 4-5.

Posted May 16, 2013
Love this school! My son was at a private school in South Africa before we moved to the US and he was doing really well so I was quite worried to uproot him but he has settled so well and absolutely adores school! He is in first grade and his teacher, Mrs Kasper, has been fantastic.

Deer Park Elementary School 4

Posted May 08, 2013
We were happy the first few years, here. But this year our teacher is very hands-off and the parents from our classroom feel out of the loop. The guidance department has been slow to respond or take action on several requests and I feel like the school constantly has a hand out for money from the parents. The new homes and apartments in our district have caused some overcrowding-especially in the lower grades. The PE and music teachers are great and the Library staff is, too. There are MANY wonderful teachers at this school. Thankfully, my child is a self-starter and really enjoys school. Otherwise, we would not be doing as well, here.

Deer Park Elementary School
11605 Citrus Park Drive, Tampa, FL  33626
Last modified Deer Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deer Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top