Tampa, FL

Posted March 21, 2015
As a transplant from Atl, I purchased a home in the westchase area solely for the best schools and Deer Park has not disappointed. My child attended 4th and 5th grade there and my overall experience has been EXCELLENT. The teacher are caring individuals while they have built a relationship with parents that is superb. This school gets incredible support from the community and the principal and VP are exceptional. My child has previously attended private schools while I can say this ranks right up there in terms of academics and opportunities.

Posted February 27, 2015
Very bad school experience in KG. My KG kid Changed 3 classes so far!!!being in between jammed classes or unqualified teacher who resigned leaving my kid and a lot if kids in this class below level. Very disappointed. Back to Pinnellas county with way better school system.

Posted January 13, 2015
This school is really clean and I love the layout. The security is tight, as I have tried to get it into the gates after the bell rang and was told by the principal that I had to go to the office, she walked me there. Mrs porebski is always outside when picking up my child. Mrs fowler and Dr Gordon are wonderful teachers! They go above and beyond their jobs as teachers and teach the children that their classroom and students are a family away from home. I have had the pleasure of volunteering and have seen firsthand the amount of patience these teachers have. They have wonderful functions in which they involve the parents. Spirit sticks are also great incentives for the kids, my child loves them! The chorus teachers threw an excellent winter program for the parents, where our children performed. They did a fabulous job! The cafeteria is so nice and clean, and so is the library. The only complaint I have is that it takes awhile to drop off and pick up, mainly because there are so many parents doing so. Even with this small dilemma, the school has a system that gets us in and out as quickly as possible. Overall this school has exceeded my expectations!
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 12, 2014
My child just started 1st grade this year at D.P. and I have already noticed some weirdness in e-mails interactions with the teacher. This week I went there for my first volunteering and I was so upset. The teacher yelled at the children the entire time I was there. I was so sad when I left, I almost cried. You expect a child bullying another child, not their teacher!
3 people found this helpful

Deer Park Elementary School 3

Posted January 25, 2014
We LOVED our Kindergarten teacher here, Mrs. Lee. She was excellent in all aspects. But now in first grade we have been really disappointed. It seems that the curriculum is only placing ALL emphasis on FCAT performance than providing a solid education that will allow these students to compete throughout their lives. I'm not going o even mention the "non-existent" principal with NO leadership whatsoever.

Posted January 23, 2014
I saw someone wrote they are impressed with the cleanliness of the school. Did you know children were getting sick because of the bacteria because of the water damage? With kids getting sick, they had to "redo" part of the school. Communication is poor at the school, information gets out last minute if it does get out at all. Many safety concerns with the school as there were holes in the play area/playground that kids were falling in and getting fractured ankles and also police were called when several kids heard adults yelling in the bushes. Notice how you never see the principal, Mrs. Porebski at the outside school functions? Lots of bullying at this school and nothing is done on the principal's part, teacher or guidance counselor. The principal is more concerned with her physical appearance than what goes on at the school. HOST program is poor too. Kids just run around the cafeteria.

Posted September 26, 2013
My ten year old daughter (5th grader) NYC. Deer Park has made the transition wonderful. The teachers and administration are very communicative, and the curriculum is challenging yet provides students with all the necessary tools for success! Thank you!

Posted August 27, 2013
My started Kindergarten this year, and I have to say that I am impressed with the cleanliness of the school, the amazing staff and teachers. I am very happy to have him starting in such a great place!

Deer Park Elementary School 3

Posted August 11, 2013
My daughter will be starting 1st grade this year @ Deer Park. She loved her kindergarten teacher and class but I was less than impressed with the principal and the overall running of the school. There is very little communication with the parents and what does come is very late/last minute. The principal has no leadership skills and does not begin to know how to talk to parents. She seems more concerned with herself than the students. We never saw her at any school function. The school also seems overcrowded as they were struggling to find additional classrooms last year. Everyone talks about what a great school, but I'm not seeing it.

Posted July 15, 2013
My daughter completed her kindergarten year here @ deer park & she absolutely Loved it! Ms.Febre & Ms.Henry were amazing!! Very involved with their students & attentive to each students individual needs. I loved that they pay close attention to each students strengths & weaknesses & use that information to help them maximize their learning abilities. My child finished kindergarten as 1 of the top students in her class & reading @ a 2nd grade reading level. Staff members are very friendly & always helpful. I couldn't tell you how many times I'd be on campus & a staff member would approach me to tell me how well my child was doing. The staff knows their students even though they're not in their class & that alone says a lot to how attentive they are. This school really cares about their students & ensuring that they progress in ALL areas. We moved due to work related reasons & I am sad to have to withdraw her from Deer Park. I highly recommend Deer Park to anyone considering or new to the area.

Deer Park Elementary School
11605 Citrus Park Drive, Tampa, FL  33626
Last modified Deer Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deer Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top