985 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We arrived recently in the area and our 4th grade kid not being fluent in english we were worried about the adaptation. The teachers have been making a lot efforts for helping in the integration process. The admin staff is always helpfull and the surroundings of the school exceptional. Go rangers!

Great School - My daughter has attended Deer Park since she was in Kindergarten. She will be attending 4th grade this year. I would not want her to attend any other school!

My son has attended Deer Park for 3 years now and we both LOVE the school. The teachers are amazing. The communication between parents and teachers is top notch. The teachers really care about their students and always push them to excel in their school work. I specifically stay in the Westchase area just to keep my son at Deer Park. I always see the pricinipal and assistant principal walking the halls and at every school event. Hands down the best school a parent could ask for-for their child.

As a transplant from Atl, I purchased a home in the westchase area solely for the best schools and Deer Park has not disappointed. My child attended 4th and 5th grade there and my overall experience has been EXCELLENT. The teacher are caring individuals while they have built a relationship with parents that is superb. This school gets incredible support from the community and the principal and VP are exceptional. My child has previously attended private schools while I can say this ranks right up there in terms of academics and opportunities.

Very bad school experience in KG. My KG kid Changed 3 classes so far!!!being in between jammed classes or unqualified teacher who resigned leaving my kid and a lot if kids in this class below level. Very disappointed. Back to Pinnellas county with way better school system.

This school is really clean and I love the layout. The security is tight, as I have tried to get it into the gates after the bell rang and was told by the principal that I had to go to the office, she walked me there. Mrs porebski is always outside when picking up my child. Mrs fowler and Dr Gordon are wonderful teachers! They go above and beyond their jobs as teachers and teach the children that their classroom and students are a family away from home. I have had the pleasure of volunteering and have seen firsthand the amount of patience these teachers have. They have wonderful functions in which they involve the parents. Spirit sticks are also great incentives for the kids, my child loves them! The chorus teachers threw an excellent winter program for the parents, where our children performed. They did a fabulous job! The cafeteria is so nice and clean, and so is the library. The only complaint I have is that it takes awhile to drop off and pick up, mainly because there are so many parents doing so. Even with this small dilemma, the school has a system that gets us in and out as quickly as possible. Overall this school has exceeded my expectations!

My child just started 1st grade this year at D.P. and I have already noticed some weirdness in e-mails interactions with the teacher. This week I went there for my first volunteering and I was so upset. The teacher yelled at the children the entire time I was there. I was so sad when I left, I almost cried. You expect a child bullying another child, not their teacher!

We LOVED our Kindergarten teacher here, Mrs. Lee. She was excellent in all aspects. But now in first grade we have been really disappointed. It seems that the curriculum is only placing ALL emphasis on FCAT performance than providing a solid education that will allow these students to compete throughout their lives. I'm not going o even mention the "non-existent" principal with NO leadership whatsoever.

I saw someone wrote they are impressed with the cleanliness of the school. Did you know children were getting sick because of the bacteria because of the water damage? With kids getting sick, they had to "redo" part of the school. Communication is poor at the school, information gets out last minute if it does get out at all. Many safety concerns with the school as there were holes in the play area/playground that kids were falling in and getting fractured ankles and also police were called when several kids heard adults yelling in the bushes. Notice how you never see the principal, Mrs. Porebski at the outside school functions? Lots of bullying at this school and nothing is done on the principal's part, teacher or guidance counselor. The principal is more concerned with her physical appearance than what goes on at the school. HOST program is poor too. Kids just run around the cafeteria.

My ten year old daughter (5th grader) NYC. Deer Park has made the transition wonderful. The teachers and administration are very communicative, and the curriculum is challenging yet provides students with all the necessary tools for success! Thank you!

Last modified Deer Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.