Posted October 26, 2014
This school is wonderful! The teachers are intelligent, nice, and very involved with the students. The staff are friendly, and efficient. Principal is very involved in day to day. PTA is wonderful!! So very happy we are here!

Posted September 25, 2013
Riverhills is now a magnet school for International studies and is applying to be a PYP IB program. I have a fourth grader and kindergartener that attend there, and its been a wonderful start!! All students take spanish and strings. The teachers work hard in communicating in daily student planners, and I have never a better run PTA!!!

Posted June 24, 2013
I love Riverhills. My child was in first grade this year in miss amylynn Dawson's class and she is a very caring teacher. She took extra time with my child and was very patient with the bad behavior!! She even contacts me (after school year is done) to check on my child. My child loves her very much and loves riverhills and the other teachers very much. God bless this school and miss dawson!!

Posted May 20, 2013
My grand daughter attends Riverhills Elementary where I believe because of Ms. Harkness and her commitment to her classes and to the school, Isabella who had a learning disability had been able to overcome all of the obstacles. Ms. Harkness truly lives out the life "no child left behind". Ms. Harkness not only worked with isabella to provide a firm foundation for the future school years, she worked with me, a grandparent raising the children. Riverhills has a focus on parent involvement, and hires only the highest of teacher quality. My only wish is that Isabella and all of my grand children can attend such a school with such gifted instructors and leaders. Thank you Riverhills Elementary for providing the best foundation for our future leaders!

Riverhills Elementary School 1

Posted November 29, 2012
Riverhills is not a good, safe, educational school. I have two kids that have gone to this school, and everytime they have attended, teachers try to make it look like they aren't catching on to the subjects that they are teaching everyday when really it's the teacher's trying to push the children so they can get their raise. They don't care about the students ability to learn and adapt differently than others and take more time out to help in their troubled areas. I'm so glad my kids are at another school and the Teachers at their school compliment them everyday, as well they call me so happy to have my kids as their students. And their grades are great better than the average students in the school. They give work to the kids for the parents to do and teach but yet they have a problem with how the work is completed. Just not a good school.

Posted October 17, 2012
As the new lead teacher at Riverhills Elementary Gifted Academy for Learning and I can honestly say that I am honored to work with a staff and administration that is dedicated to each student and to creating an extraordinary learning environment. With the implementation of the Schoolwide Enrichment Model, the focus of learning is student-centered around individual talents - increasing engagement and motivation. The kids have opportunities to expand their learning through Enrichment Clusters on a weekly basis. Specialized teaching strategies are designed to help develop the potential of every child. 100% of the staff and administration are getting their gifted endorsement through the district. Enrichment speakers from the community help expose students to areas of expertise. Through innovation, creativity, and dedication, Riverhills truly is a wonderful place to be!

Posted May 27, 2012
This school is great only one thing it does not prepare them for middle school. you know the kid has to grow up so leave us alone teachers. I sure miss the teachers at Riverhills.

Riverhills Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2012
The teachers at Riverhills are beyond awesome but the administration is in disarray. My child has been at this school for a while and we have seen so many changes and not for the better. A lot of pressure has been placed on the students to score highly on state and FCAT testing to increase the school's grade and many of the extra programs like gardening, robotnik, and ect have been cutout all together. Parent participation is extremely lacking and the school's PTA, which seemed to be doing well the past couple of years, has not been very active. I have learned that while the teachers are doing the best job, the lack of administrative guidance, parent participation, and the focus of all work and no play has taken a toll on my child and some of the other students and parents who attend Riverhills. I know school is not meant to be fun but it is suppose to provide a safe and healthy environment for our children to learn in and that is not something that this school provides anymore.

Riverhills Elementary School 4

Posted July 07, 2011
Riverhills staff are great. There are bad people in every profession, but I have met the best at Riverhills. My grandchildren loved the school and staff. Keep up the good work.

Posted May 19, 2010
I like riverhills because the teachers care. they have a fantastic media production program which shows children how to create projects on the computer, research items on hte computer, and create movies using imovie. fantastic

Riverhills Elementary School
405 S Riverhills Dr, Temple Terrace, FL  33617
Last modified Riverhills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverhills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top