Cedar Grove Middle School 4

Posted August 28, 2014
This school Is okay I am currently going to cedar grove...Our school is in Uniform as of the 2014-2015 school year.Our principal Dr.Alexander is a very good leader.Our learning is separated by team the highest team is: Jaguars , jaguars is a team for advanced/AP learners.The other three teams are Lynx,bobcats, and mountain lions.Bobcats & lynx are average learners while mountain lions are the EIP classes.The students aren't very...respectful they roam the hallways, talk back to teachers & staff members.But its notebook its the parents . If YOUR parenting is horrible then you make a horrible environment for other kids because the child is just spreading around like its contagious.Don't blame all of it on the school parents should take some responsibilities for the way their child acts (please excuse any of my errors)

Cedar Grove Middle School 5

Posted July 27, 2014
My school is 5 stars. Our school is improving due largely to Dr. Alexander. I am excited to see how things will change in the upcoming year. Let's go wildcats!

Cedar Grove Middle School 5

Posted June 10, 2014
This school is very good its a great learning environment and lots of fun . i dont care what anybody below says this school is good for children very nice and teacherd truly care about their students

Posted November 11, 2013
HORRIBLE SCHOOL...The children are very disrespectful and the staff is not helpful. They are just babysitting. I had to remove my daughter from this school because I was continually going up there because the kids were so mean and bullied her almost daily.

Posted October 10, 2013
I would not place my kids in this school If it was the last school on earth! this school is awful. the a majority of the students (not all) have no manners, home training or respect for themselves or others incluiding the adminatration, the staff is just working in a hopless situation to move kids through a failing system where our children will not be equipped with the tools needed to provide for themselves as adults, low test scores, diluted grades give an unrealistic sense of acomplishment. hopefully if your child attends he's a good football player, and maybe , just maybe, he can get a scholorship.

Posted May 15, 2013
This school is terrible and some of the administrators are there for a paycheck and do not care about the children. There seems to be no principal leadership. The assistant principal is terrible and don't care . It's a shame that the children are working from worksheets and the parents portal is a total waste. Parents if you care about your children , Please make sure that they are not being sent to ISS because you will not be informed and it may not be documented. Parents must be informed . This school can be improved if they get rid of the incompetent administrators and teachers take control of their classrooms.

Posted February 02, 2012
I am a parent of three students that attend CGMS. I personally don't think this is a good school. The staff act as if they are on the students level instead of being the authoritative figures we expect them to be. I agree that the home and parents /or guardians are where they first learn social skills, discipline, and reenforcement of what is taught in school. But, I am having problems with teachers / or staff members provoking and not listening to the students and then setting them up to be arrested or sent to alternative school rather than finding ways to truly mediate conflicts between students and staff or students and student. Either way there is a miscarriage justice in this school and yes, I am a hands on parent and do not think that my kids are perfect by no means but, I also know that adults are not always right either and if the staff is not willing to step up and admit that, what message does that send to the students entrusted to them to educate? Beleive it or not kids want structure not adults bullying them...

Cedar Grove Middle School 3

Posted August 14, 2009
I am a parent of three children at CGMS. One is in the Gifted/HA program and the other two are not. I am very impressed with the level of dedication that the HA/Gifted teachers provide, but the kids who are less acadmic kinda flounder around. I keep involved and have constant communication with the teachers and counselors. The school is only as strong as the parents are. If the parents are involved it stands to reason that the school operates better because we demand more. I don't have a problem with CGMS. I think they are doing a good job oftrying to keep the kids focused.

Cedar Grove Middle School 0

Posted August 13, 2009
I think cedar grove middle is not a good school because the students has to much time to play inthe halls and to much time on there hands.and not learning what they need.to learn.

Cedar Grove Middle School 0

Posted July 23, 2008
Cedar Grove Middle School is not a good school for children that are trying to learn and want to succeed. There is no security, children are always walking the halls during class time, other grades are on the other highway, too many fights not being reported, Principal do not return calls to concerned parents. This is a parent that just withdrew her son in 7th grade 7/2008

Cedar Grove Middle School
2300 Wildcat Rd, Decatur, GA  30034
Last modified Cedar Grove Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Grove Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top