Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Cedar Grove Middle School is superb. I love the interaction with the faculty and students. Dr. Alexander is on her "A" game. She needs the village to get involved.

I'm a parent and my student has been at CGMS for a year and a half. Our experience has been bad! Some of the teachers have little to no classroom management and seem to know nothing about differentiating instructions to reach all their students. Some teachers behave unprofessional and disrespectful when dealing with parents and students . I would rate my experience with the leadership as average. I've left messages and sent emails to the principal, Ms. Alexander, and she has never contacted me. Parents and students are the schools customer and there some be mutual respect for each other, I really believe that would help. A school is only as good as the leadership.

Now please consider that my child attended this school for a little over 3 months. Our experience was terrible. My child has never been in a fight and got into 2 here. He was sent home saying he was suspended with no call and no referal or documentation. My child said after attending here he hates band because the band teacher didnt teach and he would get frustrated with them and curse at them. He said the school use instruments were filthy with spit in them. During standardized testing he informed me that 2 of the teachers were disruptive and texting. He told me students were even calling out the answers. There was no form of communication with the teachers. For example a teacher web site with assignments posted and their contact info. The children are out of control which I feel starts at home but they cannot even be controlled in school. The principal is extreemly professional however non of the staff seem to be on the same page. When I think of teachers and educators I want them to be professional not dressing promiscuous and in competition with children. I will die before I let my child attend another day here.

This school Is okay I am currently going to cedar grove...Our school is in Uniform as of the 2014-2015 school year.Our principal Dr.Alexander is a very good leader.Our learning is separated by team the highest team is: Jaguars , jaguars is a team for advanced/AP learners.The other three teams are Lynx,bobcats, and mountain lions.Bobcats & lynx are average learners while mountain lions are the EIP classes.The students aren't very...respectful they roam the hallways, talk back to teachers & staff members.But its notebook its the parents . If YOUR parenting is horrible then you make a horrible environment for other kids because the child is just spreading around like its contagious.Don't blame all of it on the school parents should take some responsibilities for the way their child acts (please excuse any of my errors)

My school is 5 stars. Our school is improving due largely to Dr. Alexander. I am excited to see how things will change in the upcoming year. Let's go wildcats!

This school is very good its a great learning environment and lots of fun . i dont care what anybody below says this school is good for children very nice and teacherd truly care about their students

HORRIBLE SCHOOL...The children are very disrespectful and the staff is not helpful. They are just babysitting. I had to remove my daughter from this school because I was continually going up there because the kids were so mean and bullied her almost daily.

I would not place my kids in this school If it was the last school on earth! this school is awful. the a majority of the students (not all) have no manners, home training or respect for themselves or others incluiding the adminatration, the staff is just working in a hopless situation to move kids through a failing system where our children will not be equipped with the tools needed to provide for themselves as adults, low test scores, diluted grades give an unrealistic sense of acomplishment. hopefully if your child attends he's a good football player, and maybe , just maybe, he can get a scholorship.

This school is terrible and some of the administrators are there for a paycheck and do not care about the children. There seems to be no principal leadership. The assistant principal is terrible and don't care . It's a shame that the children are working from worksheets and the parents portal is a total waste. Parents if you care about your children , Please make sure that they are not being sent to ISS because you will not be informed and it may not be documented. Parents must be informed . This school can be improved if they get rid of the incompetent administrators and teachers take control of their classrooms.

I am a parent of three students that attend CGMS. I personally don't think this is a good school. The staff act as if they are on the students level instead of being the authoritative figures we expect them to be. I agree that the home and parents /or guardians are where they first learn social skills, discipline, and reenforcement of what is taught in school. But, I am having problems with teachers / or staff members provoking and not listening to the students and then setting them up to be arrested or sent to alternative school rather than finding ways to truly mediate conflicts between students and staff or students and student. Either way there is a miscarriage justice in this school and yes, I am a hands on parent and do not think that my kids are perfect by no means but, I also know that adults are not always right either and if the staff is not willing to step up and admit that, what message does that send to the students entrusted to them to educate? Beleive it or not kids want structure not adults bullying them...

Last modified Cedar Grove Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.