Public charter
Dunwoody, GA

Kingsley Elementary School 3

Posted September 29, 2014
If you aren't in the clique, don't send your kid here. It's a small school in a small neighborhood and many people seem to be neighbors and don't talk to anyone outside of that clique. Not very helpful with getting information or helping to create a better enviroment for everyone who lives in the district or has moved into the district. The curriculum is average and often times confusing because of the way it is presented. Homework doesn't usually come with instructions for parents to help. My kids don't have many friends, I guess they're cliquish too. Since it is a charter school, there are always fundraisers and events to go to. However, who really wants to attend an event where the suburban moms stand in circles and there is no heartfelt welcome into the school. No choice, except private school though.

Posted August 11, 2014
We have two children at Kingsley and have had an absolutely wonderful experience. The rankings puzzle me, and I think that is because we have a good number of English as a second language students, and therefore others consider that "bad." Our test results may look worse compared to other schools for this reason, but there are families and teachers who care deeply about the school. The new principal, Brent McBride, is doing an awesome job to address lowlights and grow the highlights. My kids love the school and their friends and teachers. It's truly a hidden gem and it makes me sad that these rankings make it look so poor when it really is not.

Posted May 05, 2014
Kingsley is a wonderful school with great community involvement. Our new principal, Mr. McBride, has been fantastic and is committed to continued improvement of the school. Test scores do not tell the whole story here!! We have a diverse group of students and parents, which is one of the things that makes Kingsley great. Caring and committed teachers, involved parents, highly recommended! (Parent of a soon-to-be third grader at Kingsley)

Posted February 22, 2014
Until you step foot inside Kingsley's doors-you can't understand what a hidden gem this is. Numbers don't tell the story. Our children are people with their own identities not statistics on a computer screen

Posted October 29, 2013
I have been delighted with our experience at Kingsley this year. The staff is friendly and they know who my child is. It is a great little neighborhood school! Truly a hidden gem. Parent involvement is amazing here. As another reviewer mentioned, it's great to see the teachers bringing their own kids to attend this school...

Posted October 16, 2013
Para mi es la mejor escuela que le puede haber encontrado a mis hijos. For me is the best school that can find for my childs.

Posted October 15, 2013
Dedicated teachers, super involved parents and a great sense of community make Kingsley an outstanding school.

Posted October 15, 2013
Nestled within a Dunwoody neighborhood. Deep parent involvement. Caring teachers and staff. More tips on how to work with children on age appropriate and development appropriate material. Expansion into challenging subjects for children who show aptitude. Improved playground and field for playtime.

Posted October 15, 2013
Kingsley has been a great experience for our family. Great parent involvement and very warm atmosphere!

Posted October 13, 2013
We were redistricted to Kingsley from another elementary school and have been very happy with the school. I've noticed that teachers bring their own children to this school instead of keeping them in their home district school - even from the newer suburbs. My kids have had good teachers and the one teacher who had complaints was not renewed. There is an older post that our school was dark, but we use lamps in the classrooms instead of overhead fluorescent lighting as per the brain-based educational concepts that we follow. My only complaint is that I wish we had a newer building; our school was built in 1971.

Kingsley Elementary School
2051 Brendon Dr, Dunwoody, GA  30338
Last modified Kingsley Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kingsley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top