Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Johnson Elementary develops honesty, integrity, and fairness in its students by taking a proactive role against bullying and establishing integrity within each student from an early age. By teaching each individual the importance of being honest and true to themselves, integrity is gained and honest is learned. Bullying is not tolerated at Johnson Elementary. If something is going on, speak up. It will be taken care of by the staff.

Mrs. Turrentine and the staff at Johnson Elementary are phenomenal. This team of professionals will guide you and your child along a path to success. Your child(ren) are in the hands of distinguished teachers, exemplary staff, and an atmosphere of independence suitable for one's age. My only wish is that Johnson continued on until my son graduates from high school.

Bullying is rampant. Teachers kids are often the perpetrators and aren't held accountable for it. Administration is ineffective in dealing with bullying. I withdrew my child because of this.

My child has attended Johnson for 4 years. What an awesome school!!! We have had such a wonderful experience and he has had fantastic teachers every year. There are tons of opportunities for parent involvement and participation, however, a lot of parents choose not to. For instance, at the grounds clean-up held the saturday before school started, their was ONE parent that showed up to help!!! The staff is phenominal and they do handle behavior situations appropriately and timely. They also notify parents of anything and everything they need to know. Communication at Johnson is a huge factor in why it runs like a well-oiled machine. Thank you for being such a great school and environment for my child. P.S. If parents have such negative thoughts, maybe they need to attend meetings and activities or wear an orange sash and control the car rider line themselves.

I've been working at Johnson Elementary School for a little under a year now and have seen amazing things from faculty, staff, and students. I've worked with many different teachers in many different schools and Johnson is by far my favorite. I feel as if I've just joined a big family. The teachers and administrators really do care about the students. Kids are in great hands when they walk through these doors.

Two of my three children currently attend Johnson. Education wise, Johnson is a pretty good school. When it comes to rules and policies they are terrible. The car rider line there is awful. If your child goes to after school care beware, they allow the children to play on the playground under no close supervision. Thhe teachers that are suppozsed to be watching the kids are about 70yrds away chatting with each other. On several occassions kids have been injured or bullied while playing due to the lack of attention. If your child becomes ill while at school and is sent to see the nurse they will be sent back to class and the parent will not be contacted unless the child has a fever of 100.0 or higher. I was told by the snooty nurse that that is a county rule. There has been several occassions where a child has been in an altercation or bullied by another student and they don't even inform the parent. I had to hear it from my child. When I confronted the teacher she said that she had a handle on the situation. Basically, the faculty at Johnson thinks that they have more rights than the parent and should decide how to handle the situations that involve your childs well being. No more

My son has attended this school for 5 years. He has had no problems until this year with a particular teacher in the 5th grade. She is very boisterous and threatens the students with parent conferences as a tool to supplement her apparent inability to teach. Other parents have had suprisingly similar complaints, even when unprompted. Teachers are gems to our society, however ineffective teachers need to be reprimanded. By the way, my son has made nothing but A's and a few B's since beginning his educational experience.

I believe that anyone would find the staff at Johnson Elementary exceptional. My daughters attend at this school. I have one daughter in 2nd grade and another in Kindergarten. This school is very particular in who they allow to work at this school. The staff truly cares about the children. Everyone from the administration all the way down the line is amazing. I am so thankful that my children are able to attend such a wonderful school with such an uplifting atmosphere.

my daughter is going into 1st and we have been at johnson since pre k. I have had a great experance with everyone their thanks for all you do

Last modified Johnson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.