Roswell, GA
Students enrolled: 1,045

Posted May 08, 2014
My school is wonderful. It's a reflection of the real world! I love our diverse population and innovative thinking. Great principal, excellent counselors, awesome teachers, and fantastic staff. It's the whole package.

Posted May 01, 2014
Thanks to principal Melinda Springman this school has evolved into a dynamic, multi-cultural comprehensive middle school with academics suited for all levels of ability. My children and I are both thrilled with our experience here!

Posted April 30, 2014
Shocked this school only has a "7" rating. This must be a lasting result of former administration ? Elkins is a fabulous school and my child and his/her friends are doing really well here. We took our child out of private school and put him here. Academically, this school is much more challenging than our previous middle school.

Posted September 29, 2013
My daughter is currently an 8th Grade student at Elkins Pointe. She started at EPMS last year. I have been so impressed by the teachers at this school. In all areas of her coursework, my daughter is challenged daily and encouraged to work through new ideas. I feel that Elkins has done an amazing job in preparing her for the rigors of high school coursework.

Elkins Pointe Middle School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
My daughter attended EPMS with most of her classes on grade level. She was not a TAG student, but nevertheless she was well prepared for RHS. Throughout her tenure at RHS she was enrolled in both Honors and AP classes. In her senior year at RHS she took all AP classes and received straight A's. I credit both EPMS and RHS for her success. She was accepted at every college she applied to. We know several former EPMS students who currently attend well regarded universities. When you hear a negative rumor about EPMS, please consider the source. Maybe they say there are drugs at EPMS because they need an excuse for why their child turned to drugs. Maybe they say there are trouble-makers at EPMS because their child is a trouble-maker. Maybe they say the education is sub-standard because their child isn't a strong student. Sometimes it is not the school but the student and the family that's to blame. Please visit EPMS. Take a tour. Interview the administration and the staff. Do your homework. Decide for yourself. The loudest voice in the room isn't always the most informed.

Elkins Pointe Middle School 1

Posted July 17, 2013
Huge disappointment. Academic standards are very low and the care for children is just not there. A mediocre school for those who have no other options.

Elkins Pointe Middle School 4

Posted May 21, 2013
Elkins Pointe is improving by leaps and bounds. My child just finished 6th grade TAG-level. Although the school does not have as many resources and technology as some other schools, and not enough parents are involved with the school (in my opinion), the new principal (Melinda Springman) is doing a great job with what she has available. I think she is making a big impact and I love the changes being implemented. Before you make a decision based on a handful of reviews from 5 years ago, please visit the school and talk to the current staff and parents. You will like what you hear.

Elkins Pointe Middle School 1

Posted April 30, 2013
If you have any other options for your child to attend a different school, take it! From an academic perspective having come from a school where children were expected to do their best, we are sorely disappointed in the low standards set by the teachers and the number of busy-work projects that offer very little in the way of learning. We had been told in our child was in TAG classes, it is a good school. From our experience with our child in all TAG classes, it is not true. From an order and discipline perspective, the administration is more concerned with improving the school's reputation by any means necessary than with addressing the needs of middle school children and responding appropriately in various situations.

Posted March 13, 2013
There are no "gangs" at EPMS. I hear this all the time from concerned parents, and parents of children from other Middle Schools. The staff is very attentive, and the principal communicates any discipline issues before rumors start. We love it here!

Posted February 14, 2012
Elkins Pointe is a great school! My child has attended here for one and a half years and though moving to a new school during the school year can be scary, everyone made her transition a great experience. We have had nothing but positive experiences in both TAG classes and on grade level classes. I have also been very pleased in the range of courses and the extracurricular activities and clubs available, including opportunity to receive high school credits in 8th grade. The teachers and administrators sincerely care about all of their students and go above and beyond to help them excel. We have been very pleased with our decision to move to this school and support and recommend it 100%! Furthermore, we have had the opportunity to attend top notch schools around the country that were ranked higher and I truly feel this school should have a much higher ranking than what is shown here.

Elkins Pointe Middle School
11290 Elkins Rd, Roswell, GA  30076
Last modified Elkins Pointe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elkins Pointe Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top