Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Mrs. Smith is a phenomenal Principal and her leadership shows in her staff. The teachers send email updates weekly with upcoming assignments and tests. They have several clubs for students to join as well as band, orchestra and one of the few schools with Japanese. My only complaint is the lack of sports in middle school.

Elkins has improved significantly with their latest administration. Our Son loves the school, and we feel it is much better than the 7 rating presently given.

Administration is a revolving door and not competent to do their job. They seem to prey on low hanging fruit vs addressing real school culture issues. My kid technically has one semester left, if I can't find another option, and it can't come soon enough. Have had two cycle through this place. Worst experience ever!

This school is a great school, thank you to all the staff because you make it special.

My school is wonderful. It's a reflection of the real world! I love our diverse population and innovative thinking. Great principal, excellent counselors, awesome teachers, and fantastic staff. It's the whole package.

Thanks to principal Melinda Springman this school has evolved into a dynamic, multi-cultural comprehensive middle school with academics suited for all levels of ability. My children and I are both thrilled with our experience here!

Shocked this school only has a "7" rating. This must be a lasting result of former administration ? Elkins is a fabulous school and my child and his/her friends are doing really well here. We took our child out of private school and put him here. Academically, this school is much more challenging than our previous middle school.

My daughter is currently an 8th Grade student at Elkins Pointe. She started at EPMS last year. I have been so impressed by the teachers at this school. In all areas of her coursework, my daughter is challenged daily and encouraged to work through new ideas. I feel that Elkins has done an amazing job in preparing her for the rigors of high school coursework.

My daughter attended EPMS with most of her classes on grade level. She was not a TAG student, but nevertheless she was well prepared for RHS. Throughout her tenure at RHS she was enrolled in both Honors and AP classes. In her senior year at RHS she took all AP classes and received straight A's. I credit both EPMS and RHS for her success. She was accepted at every college she applied to. We know several former EPMS students who currently attend well regarded universities. When you hear a negative rumor about EPMS, please consider the source. Maybe they say there are drugs at EPMS because they need an excuse for why their child turned to drugs. Maybe they say there are trouble-makers at EPMS because their child is a trouble-maker. Maybe they say the education is sub-standard because their child isn't a strong student. Sometimes it is not the school but the student and the family that's to blame. Please visit EPMS. Take a tour. Interview the administration and the staff. Do your homework. Decide for yourself. The loudest voice in the room isn't always the most informed.

Huge disappointment. Academic standards are very low and the care for children is just not there. A mediocre school for those who have no other options.

Last modified Elkins Pointe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.