Savannah, GA

Bartlett Middle School 5

Posted August 04, 2015
I am a student here and the school is NO LONGER BARTLETT the school Is now THE STEM ACADEMY please go to their website by looking up THE STEM ACADEMY AT BARTLETT IN SAVANNAH GA. The school has been taken over by technological and advanced students who love to work and have fun at the same time. Once again this school has NO RELATIONS TO THE ORIGINAL BARTLETT but the building it is in and that the original Bartlett NO LONGER EXISTS.

Bartlett Middle School 4

Posted December 08, 2011
My granddaughter attends this school. I am pleased with her progress. In a few years her younger brother will also be attending. They are the kids of a mother who is a divorcee, and they are also coming from schools outside savannah. They have lived in Hawaii, and in Columbus,ga. and lastly in Statesboro, ga. They have slowly gotten accustomed to the schools here in savannah. Now with my granddaughter going inot 6th grade her little brother is now attending whitebluff elementary alone without his big sister, but they are doing fine, now.

Posted June 27, 2011
Against my better judgement and my daughter's protests, I moved my daughter along with the Center for Advanced Learning from DeRenne to Bartlett.The TEACHERS AT BARTLETT that my daughter had in the CFAL were EXCELLENT.The leadership at Bartlett is a joke.My daughter has never had a problem with discipline, but left with an incident on her record because of an altercation with a bully, which makes it nearly impossible to apply to other specialty programs in the county. The Principal likes dodging bullets and does not DO what he PROMISES, he will block your e-mails to dodge these bullets. I really tried to keep an open mind, but I began to get so angry every time I had to pick up or drop off my child on that campus. The promotion ceremony was the icing on the cake, having my mother fly in from out of town to witness the attendance zone students, "boo" the students in the CFAL because they were achieving was complete embarrassment and the Principal didn't really address this or apologize to the students and parents. Knowing what I now know. I would have home schooled my child instead of sending her to Bartlett for this academic year.

Posted April 12, 2011
This school does NOTHI"NG about behavioral problems. Espescially the 6th grade girl Nisa Thorpe. They give her too many chances it's like she runs the teachers , the students. Please do something about this student my children are afraid to go to school because of her. Something needs to be done quick. The principal says you have 3 strikes this young lady has had 10! She is a nuisance. Do something about her or I will sue her and the principal. I want her kicked out of school Immeadeatly!

Posted February 02, 2011
This school despite the new principal and "AP program" is still just as bad as it ever was! Rude teachers (to the students and parents), rude students, rude secretary, and a new administration that is very good at talking and telling you what you want to hear but not on acting upon it. I have been to this school numerous times and the principal has done nothing to correct the problems! I wont even get into the completly inappropriate things that have been done/said to my child who has always loved school but now hates it and cries not to go (although still keeping up all A's) Savannah should cut it's losses and get rid of this school and faculty.

Bartlett Middle School 5

Posted June 27, 2010
This school isnt bad the children the school only walls .the teachers are great teachers the children just dont have any respect for themselves or the teachers so if they feel its their own fault the children act like the teachers owe them something but all they owe them is an education

Bartlett Middle School

Posted April 19, 2010
This school should be band!! the staff is just as bad as the students!the teachers lack respect, they are rude and obnoxious, so what do you expect from the students?the bulling that goes on in this school along with the subsititute teachers who let the children swear, there are no consequences for the students or it's staff. my children came here from another state, they were both A,B honor roll students, after 2 months here their grades dropped dramaticallythe teachers took some getting used too, my kids were not accustomed to attitudes and sarcasm from adults so this took them for a loop, and they didn't want to ask for help! that's no way to teach if you ask me!!

Posted December 04, 2008
I have never seen a school as BAD as Bartlett. I walk the halls and see children disrespecting the staff, bullying one another, the kids flirting with each other, cursing, violating the dress code in all ways possible. If youcant get the dress code under control, how you going to control the entire enviroment. You have smart kids being thrown in classes with kids who have behavioral problems, which in turn take away from your childs education. And all I see is Adults acting as if they are afraid to put these kids in check. If the kids dont want to learn or cant be controlled , removed them from the school. My child made all A's last year at her old school, but once she get to Bartlett her grades drop to Ds. This school is TERRIBLE!

Bartlett Middle School 2

Posted November 03, 2007
Bartlett is at its worst this year. I have never seen a school where you cannot get in touch with the teachers. Everytime I call to speak to my childs teachers I have to leave a message. Even if I call during there planning time. The teachers do call me back and they are very honest as to why they were not available. They all say the same thing 'We were in a meeting' my gosh how much meeting can one do? The school is failing because of the administration and the lack of discipline. This year there is yet another new principal and she seems to be very stanfoffish and rude just like the sacastic secretary. I wish the superintendent will do something about this school. It is awful and I think most of the teachers will do much better at a school with a more stable Administration.

Bartlett Middle School 4

Posted August 09, 2007
My experiences at Bartlett, are both good and fair, but not bad. My son did learn, but I wasn't advised when he was failing either. I looked at the weekly progress reports, but they really didn't tell me much. I think it's because of the computer system they use doesn't update the grades weekly. I requested a teacher confrence and got it. We worked together, and my son did better. However, I did observe the some of the students there, and they are something to be desired. They curse, wear their uniforms any kind of way, and dare the teachers to say anything. Have I ever seen a parent walling the halls? No. Did I ever get an invite to become a part of the PTA? No. Did I ever, know when there was a meeting? E-mail? No. I beleive the teachers do care, but they're hands are tied.

Bartlett Middle School