Posted April 28, 2014
My family relocated to Maui my daughter's senior year, she was nervous about transferring to brand new school to complete High School. I am grateful to report that Baldwin High School made this transition as seamless as possible. Such a welcoming staff from enrollment to years end! She had a counselor with a kind and understanding heart, listening ear, and truly invested in my daughter. Her teachers were gracious, students welcoming and we are all excited to attend her graduation ceremony. thank you Baldwin HS!

Maui High School 4

Posted January 28, 2014
I learn a lot and the teachers help you out when you need it. Friends are easy to make and there are different kinds. Sport and Clubs are enjoyable. Mainly Key Club, Interact, and other academies like DECA or HOSA. The only problem is when its raining, the school gets flooded. Most of the school is covered in grass and mud. I wish there were concrete and shade like Baldwin. The school assembly can often get crowded also. Sometimes, students sit on the ground since the population at Maui High is slowly increasing. Other than that, its a wonderful school.

Maui High School 1

Posted October 05, 2013
If your child is a special needs student, this school is not for you. These students are on the outskirts of the campus, there is no inclusion for them in elective classes such as art, pe, etc. They are in THEIR OWN classes together. It is unfortunate because both the special needs & general population could profit from being placed together. Unfortunately they have TERRIBLE SMALL-MINDED personnel in charge of the special education department with no vision. They have antiquated thinkers of what a child with special needs can accomplish. However, there are a few exceptional personnel who work within the limitations of those who administrate the special education department & do not restrict special needs students from reaching their maximum potential. They work within the confines of these people. The exceptional people are our children's super heroes who create an endless possibilty for their future! For regular education students, it is a superb school. If the school could only do what they do for the general education population and do the same with the special needs population, this school would be awesome!

Posted April 09, 2013
Maui High's has many classes and is apart of the 10% of schools that actually has an AP Computer Science class. This school is very strong in technology science and math thanks to their STEM program. They have many programs and equipment for you to use in their learning center such as cameras, tripods, 3D cameras, Shotgun mics, powerful computers, Adobe PS, Adobe AE, Adobe Flash, Maya 3D Program and so much more. Their clubs are also very strong in what they do whether it be robotics, band, or video. They also spread out their holidays and breaks very creatively which makes you feel that the school year is shorter and less stressful. The AP teachers are very, well... good at teaching! Mr. Kondo's class is so organized and planned out that you get the most out of his class. Mr. Imada's class is very creative and diverse. He teaches many things like AP Computer Science, AP Physics, IET, and more. He approaches his class with a friendly atmosphere and cracks a few funny jokes now and then which helps you relax about the class and have fun.

Maui High School 4

Posted July 17, 2012
Every school has its' own strengths and weaknesses. One of the schools' greatest strengths were the science and technology-related courses and resources. I was exposed to new technology, video-editing and design software, computer programming, and so much more. I can honestly attest to the fact that my current success and continuation in my academic studies began in Mr. Gima's video production course. What amazes me is the fact that I didn't even realize how much I was learning and gaining until more recently. As a current university-level educator, I find myself applauding Mr. Gima's non-traditional teaching methods. He gave his students the tools to succeed, and allowed us to create our own projects. I had a number of positive experiences with certain AP teachers, and can say that I was challenged intellectually. There were, however, a few issues surrounding gangs, drugs, and favoritism amongst certain student groups and teachers. Despite the "weaknesses" I've listed, I can honestly say that the counselors, teachers, and administration were supportive and caring. It is important for students to take initiative and motivate themselves to succeed. The resources are there!

Maui High School 1

Posted February 18, 2012
Terrible. The teachers (most, not all) seemed completely indifferent about if I was learning or not. The students were very violent and rude. Once, while i was studying, there were a group of people nearby, being very loud. All i did was turn around and ask nicely," would you please quiet down a bit, I need to study." and then several people were screaming at me about how I should move instead. During my one year there, after which i couldn't stand it, there were several fights, some which security did not do anything about. I'm glad I left, its the best decision i made.

Posted August 31, 2010
Easy to understand the teachers, learn a lot, challenging projects like the senior project, and i learn a lot of knowledge to be ready for college. One of the best schools in Maui. Let's go Sabers!

Maui High School 2

Posted April 15, 2010

Posted February 10, 2010
very excellent advanced placement classes

Posted January 14, 2010
i think it is a exellent skoo because it has more oppurtonities and its getting better

Maui High School
660 South Lono Ave, Kahului, HI  96732
Last modified Maui High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maui High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top