Belvidere, IL

Belvidere South Middle School 1

Posted February 06, 2013
Hello, I have recently enrolled into this school and was utterly astonished by the poor performance that the students have been expressing thus far. I believe that this school has many problems that need to be addressed, and I also think that we especially need to improve how the teachers have been running things. For an example, I have been seriously unimpressed with their awful class structuring. From what I have been experiencing, they have been allowing the students to consistently RUN their mouths throughout the entire school day rather than actually teaching the standards that need to be taught. TEACHERS, I strongly suggest that you should actually teach the students for once rather than waiting for your oncoming paychecks to arrive. If you do not desire to successfully prepare the students for their futures, then I would recommend that you would not teach at all. Come on, a 4 out of 10 is something that we shouldn't be proud of. -Submitted by an anonymous 6th grade student.

Belvidere South Middle School 1

Posted January 08, 2010

Posted November 13, 2008
i enjoy going to BSMS but i think it could use some more improvements on some of the things here

Belvidere South Middle School 4

Posted September 22, 2008

Belvidere South Middle School 5

Posted October 06, 2005

Posted August 20, 2005
I think the school seems 'ok' on the outside, and has a nice appearance , and wants to give the impression they are the best school around, but TO MANY students per class room and students don't get the one on one they need, and are lost in the shuffle. Too many issues with 'self pacing' very limited teacher instruction. Too much expected from children to assume they are supposed to know 'where they are at' and what they are to do for assignments. Nothing is clearly laid out by the teachers. The children are expected to figure it out on their own to much. Not enough structure. Classes are way to large compared to the state averages. Due to this, 10 minutes for children to eat lunch, if that by the time they get through the line. My son and many others do not like this school. Top many kids!

Belvidere South Middle School 5

Posted April 26, 2005
I am currently an eighth grader at BSMS. I really like the school. We have a variety of things to get into like: drama club, yearbook, and future teachers club just to name a few. We have alot of sports as well. Parents are not really involved, but it mainly lays in the hands of our student council. I love belvidere south middle school!

Posted October 06, 2003
I feel that this school has a couple of teachers that are just putting in there time until they can retire. They seem to not enjoy there jobs anymore or the children. However there are other teachers here that are great and seem to be there for the kids. The extracurricular activities that we have been involved in or interested in have been poorly organized. It makes it hard to get involved.

Belvidere South Middle School
919 East 6th Street, Belvidere, IL  61008
Last modified Belvidere South Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belvidere South Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top