Bloomington, IL

Posted March 11, 2014
The teachers at this school are very caring and involved! We have a student with a 504 plan and it was just a formality as the teachers had already implemented all the necessary changes. The principal is great, too. Most parents and families are very involved!

Posted December 28, 2013
As a parent of a student at Washington, I am continually impressed by the positive culture that is cultivated by the staff and teachers at the school. I find the teachers to be passionate and fully committed to my child's education, and make special effort to keeping her involved and excited about learning. Family involvement is encouraged and welcome. Washington is a close knit school that will welcome you and give your child every opportunity to succeed. It is unfortunate the negative comments that have been posted, as they are definitely a rarity. We are proud to be a part of it, and feel fortunate to have the opportunity for my children to attend.

Posted April 02, 2010
I must say that it is a safe and caring environment, for average+ children. I found my self very stressed out by the lack of communication from teachers who work there. Any child who is struggling, at all should not go here they will treat them like they are retarded and do the very minimal. Contact home was awful until I complained and it still didn't improve much after that. Teachers were caught in lies, rude, and mean to my child at times. Again, only recommend if your child is average or above.

Posted February 20, 2010
Washington Elementary school is full of teachers and support staff that truly care about the students in their classroom! We have had a wonderful experience and see time and time again where the teachers and principal go out of their way to make sure each student gets the attention and caring that they need and deserve. I know my son and daughter are in good hands!

Posted April 23, 2009

Posted April 10, 2009

Washington Elementary School 0

Posted January 05, 2009
Parent of 2 children who went from K-5 at Washington School and can't say enough good things about it! Great experience and feel very fortunate that my kids were able to start their education at such a fine school. From all the teachers, staff and all parents involved this is truly a great school. Jeff Lockenvitz has done a wonderful job and I hope he stays there as long as he wants too. District 87 should be very proud of Washington School!

Washington Elementary School 4

Posted December 16, 2008
I have two children at Washington Elementary. I happen to have had nothing but great experiences with the teachers & staff. I don't believe that Mr. Lockenvitz the prinicpal would single out any child & pick on them. He is a great hands on principal. My kids have learned a lot from their excellent teachers and have made many great friends. The schools has gone above & beyond my expectations. It's a very caring enviroment and I am thankful to have my children there.

Posted October 18, 2008
I currently have one that has left Washington school and two currently attending. We love the school. My children have done woderfully and we have enjoyed all of the teachers and staff at the school. It is definately a family environment.

Posted October 16, 2008
I know most of the comments here state this is an excellent school. I am a single parent and all through my child's elementary years he was always in trouble in the principals office and such. They were NEVER very helpful. Maybe you just have to have money and then they support you and help you out. My child was as I saw it picked on by the principal and was always in trouble and when other kids got in trouble with him he was always the one to be in the MOST trouble usually suspended. If your child is strong willed or has a mind of his own I would not recommend this school as my child is no longer there so your child may be the next to be picked on by adults. Once they deemed my child bad is was always in trouble.

Washington Elementary School
1201 East Washington Street, Bloomington, IL  61701
Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top