Bad
Good

The teachers at this school are very caring and involved! We have a student with a 504 plan and it was just a formality as the teachers had already implemented all the necessary changes. The principal is great, too. Most parents and families are very involved!

As a parent of a student at Washington, I am continually impressed by the positive culture that is cultivated by the staff and teachers at the school. I find the teachers to be passionate and fully committed to my child's education, and make special effort to keeping her involved and excited about learning. Family involvement is encouraged and welcome. Washington is a close knit school that will welcome you and give your child every opportunity to succeed. It is unfortunate the negative comments that have been posted, as they are definitely a rarity. We are proud to be a part of it, and feel fortunate to have the opportunity for my children to attend.

I must say that it is a safe and caring environment, for average+ children. I found my self very stressed out by the lack of communication from teachers who work there. Any child who is struggling, at all should not go here they will treat them like they are retarded and do the very minimal. Contact home was awful until I complained and it still didn't improve much after that. Teachers were caught in lies, rude, and mean to my child at times. Again, only recommend if your child is average or above.

Washington Elementary school is full of teachers and support staff that truly care about the students in their classroom! We have had a wonderful experience and see time and time again where the teachers and principal go out of their way to make sure each student gets the attention and caring that they need and deserve. I know my son and daughter are in good hands!

Parent of 2 children who went from K-5 at Washington School and can't say enough good things about it! Great experience and feel very fortunate that my kids were able to start their education at such a fine school. From all the teachers, staff and all parents involved this is truly a great school. Jeff Lockenvitz has done a wonderful job and I hope he stays there as long as he wants too. District 87 should be very proud of Washington School!

I have two children at Washington Elementary. I happen to have had nothing but great experiences with the teachers & staff. I don't believe that Mr. Lockenvitz the prinicpal would single out any child & pick on them. He is a great hands on principal. My kids have learned a lot from their excellent teachers and have made many great friends. The schools has gone above & beyond my expectations. It's a very caring enviroment and I am thankful to have my children there.

I currently have one that has left Washington school and two currently attending. We love the school. My children have done woderfully and we have enjoyed all of the teachers and staff at the school. It is definately a family environment.

I know most of the comments here state this is an excellent school. I am a single parent and all through my child's elementary years he was always in trouble in the principals office and such. They were NEVER very helpful. Maybe you just have to have money and then they support you and help you out. My child was as I saw it picked on by the principal and was always in trouble and when other kids got in trouble with him he was always the one to be in the MOST trouble usually suspended. If your child is strong willed or has a mind of his own I would not recommend this school as my child is no longer there so your child may be the next to be picked on by adults. Once they deemed my child bad is was always in trouble.

After 3 years with this school, I have found the teachers to be quite caring. Communication has been an issue with other staff. You will probably be quite happy there as long as your child is average+. Some of the specialists have a limited array of ideas and it will be up to you to 'think outside the box'.

Washington is an excellent school for kids to attend. we have 1 graduate and 1 currently attending in 2008. The teacher experience and personal attention when needed is stupendous

Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.