Posted April 28, 2014
it is the best school there is. We dont have that much money but we do bave the best teachers there is.

Gallistel Elementary Language Academy 4

Posted January 10, 2014
I am a current student at gallistel the school is okay they're are some students who misbehave over all it is a awesome school I love it

Posted October 25, 2012
I belive that this school challenges our children on a level that has them thinking because it is one thing to figure out a problem, but its another thing to know step by step what to do and that is what the teachers strive for . The staff disciplines to keep the kids in their place, but not to the point where they find that more important than education. The principle cares about all his students & puts them first or makes decisions with them in mind. In my opinion, I love this school and the teachers.

Posted May 29, 2011
I am troubled by the negative remarks regarding Gallistel. I feel they are unfair, if not dishonest. As a parent, I found the staff well qualified and committed to their teaching profession. The principle is highly motivated and genuinely cares for the students and the community. One cannot blame poor scores entirely on the staff and administration. If parents are not involved, and the child doesn t care then poor results are certain. Many families are immigrants, and are struggling economically. The importance of an education may be second to surviving the day s challenges. However, if the parent cares and motivates their child they will learn and succeed educationally at Gallistel.

Gallistel Elementary Language Academy 2

Posted October 30, 2010
This school is an awful school. I'm a former honors student, who happened to be in the gifted program. This school had me doing absolutely nothing to get straight A's. The kids aren't challenged. Most teachers don't care if the students succeed or not, and the gifted program has the same amount of work to do than all of the other classes. I moved to a suburb where i was enrolled into one of americas best high schools, where i was placed in all honors and ap classes. Once i was in i had no idea what all of the others kids already new. I was forced to do 10x the studying on top of the 4 hours of homework i already was assigned. If you have an option of sending your children to another school, i recommend you do.

Gallistel Elementary Language Academy 0

Posted January 05, 2010
Proud parent of an honor student graduating this year! Great teachers who are very involved with their students. Awesome principal.

Posted December 14, 2009

Gallistel Elementary Language Academy 1

Posted November 24, 2009

Posted September 12, 2009
To me, a parent thinks this is a great school for my child. All her past teachers were really good and very caringing. I can't believe others would say different, and as for the principle, he is always looking out for the children, and is doing his best on getting one building for everyone. AS for the staff, they're always with an eye out on the kids. So this is a great and caring school. Teacher's and staff...keep up the good work, even if you do have 3 building's to work with(we desreve to be under 1 roof like everybody else).

Posted July 29, 2009
This school is overwhelming with excellence..I am a proud parent of 2 Gallistel students.

Gallistel Elementary Language Academy
10347 South Ewing Avenue, Chicago, IL  60617
Last modified Gallistel Elementary Language Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gallistel Elementary Language Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top