Chicago, IL

Posted October 26, 2014
My sons love Alcott. The teachers are fabulous and the parent association is very active.

Alcott College Prep 4

Posted March 15, 2014
Our daughter loves kindergarten at Alcott, loves her teacher, and has learned an astounding amount this year. She is reading and writing. I also don't know what I would have done without the extensive after school care options and enrichment classes. While I finish up my day at work, she spends her time after school hours in reading classes, yoga, chess, robotics and performance.

Posted May 23, 2013
My child has been at Alcott for 4 years and we are incredibly lucky to have found this amazing community! The school is one of only a handful of PK-12 CPS schools and has recently unveiled a 5-year strategic plan to ensure growth for all students and move the school from great to greatest. The new administration is truly terrific - the principal is professional, engaged, pragmatic, decisive, focused on data-driven instruction, and very open to parent involvement. We have a very active, welcoming community that encourages volunteerism and demonstrates to our students what can be done when an engaged parent base works closely with a focused administration to make a CPS school the best that it can be.

Alcott College Prep 4

Posted February 03, 2012
My daughter is looking for a school to transfer to now, does anyone recommend this school for middle year transfer? What is the process?

Posted February 02, 2012
We are a family that just arrived to the US. Our kids are attending Alcott and we are very happy with the school and the great community that conforms it. We reccomend it!

Posted February 02, 2012
We have been at Alcott for 10 years...so far! It's the greatest. The teachers really care about the students, and the fact that the kids get art, music and drama as part of the curriculum is just wonderful.

Posted October 12, 2010
My fifth grader started attending Alcott in Kindergarten and we have loved the school ever since. The staff, including the teachers and principle are outstanding. I couldn't find any school with a more committed team of educators. Our test scores have improved every year since we have been there, but more importantly, the children are learning how to become life-long learners. The parental involvement is phenomenal and together, every element is what makes this school first-rate.

Posted September 21, 2010
Parents and community are extremely involved. They help raise school funds under a fabulous principal who is willing to work with the families and within the public school system to do what is best for the children.

Posted April 26, 2010
My grandchildren are the 3rd generation attending Alcott School. Obviously we're pleased.

Alcott College Prep 0

Posted April 21, 2010
They bring in outside artists to do art with the children!

Alcott College Prep
2625 N Orchard St, Chicago, IL  60614
Last modified Alcott College Prep is a Public school that serves grades PK-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alcott College Prep Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top