Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I am thrilled with this school. The staff is engaging, and welcoming. We have a new principal and superintendent this year, and I can see positive things, implementation of after school programs, and wonderful family events held at the school. The front office is so responsive and attentive. I feel like it is a "small" private school, compared to others in the neighborhood. I have seen growth in my children academically, from reading, writing, math and sciences. This school has high standards, and wants students to be successful. Those children who need a boost of help---not to worry...this school offers speech therapists, reading interventions, etc. School has a great reading buddy program as well. Pennoyer's holiday program is amazing, and thoughtful. I trust the teacher staff with my children. So glad that K-8th is all in one building. Keep up the great work! Go Hawks!

Good school with some really great teachers. They could offer some better programs in the Band and Art department. Maybe some after school programs. Also, they should offer Spanish for kids starting in 2nd or 3rd grade to keep up with the surrounding public and private schools in the area.

I haven't had a good experience at this school. My child has hardly ever brought home an art project and never learned anything in art. The teachers' rely on the chrome books to educate the kids. Very rarely do they actually do exciting, fun projects. They spend a lot of time in front of the screen and not enough time doing assignments on paper. The teachers don't really seem into their job. They do the bare minimum.

I'm very happy having my kids at Pennoyer School. I think the principal Mrs. Micelli is a great leader in the school. She and the teachers are a great supportive and caring team. I love that the school is small compared to other schools, therefore classes are smaller and kids get the extra attention they need. The kids also seem to be close and supportive of each other...the families too! There needs to be more parent involvement when it comes to school events. The parents who do volunteer on a regular basis do a phenomenal job!!

I have 3 sons, 2 are attending Pennoyer right now and my oldest has already graduated. Out school only has around 400 students but the education they receive is phenomenal. There are only 2 classes per grade, with around 20 children per classroom which allows the teachers with a more personal approach with the students. In the past 4 years we have become extremely tech savvy. Each child has the use of chrome books. Even the kindergarten has a chromebook touch table. We also have won the academic excellence award 4 years in a row. It may be a small school but it is great.

Wonderful school! Superb music program! Teachers care for the academic success of each student. I believe my children are very well prepared for high school.

Pennoyer is a great school to have your kids go to. The administration staff is great! I love the teachers. They work very closely with all kids. I love the families, we all know each other!

I absolutely LOVE this school. The teachers are wonderful, the staff is very friendly and it's a great neighborhood school. I'm so happy that it's in my neighborhood. It's a clean and safe school with lots of happiness and kindness..

a great place for children to learn. They have some great teachers & families. The technology they have is outstanding.

We moved in this area just to go to Pennoyer School~ Great teachers~ Mrs. Miceli is a wonderful principal who puts the kids education first~

Last modified Pennoyer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.