Norridge, IL

Posted August 26, 2014
I'm very happy having my kids at Pennoyer School. I think the principal Mrs. Micelli is a great leader in the school. She and the teachers are a great supportive and caring team. I love that the school is small compared to other schools, therefore classes are smaller and kids get the extra attention they need. The kids also seem to be close and supportive of each other...the families too! There needs to be more parent involvement when it comes to school events. The parents who do volunteer on a regular basis do a phenomenal job!!

Posted August 26, 2014
I have 3 sons, 2 are attending Pennoyer right now and my oldest has already graduated. Out school only has around 400 students but the education they receive is phenomenal. There are only 2 classes per grade, with around 20 children per classroom which allows the teachers with a more personal approach with the students. In the past 4 years we have become extremely tech savvy. Each child has the use of chrome books. Even the kindergarten has a chromebook touch table. We also have won the academic excellence award 4 years in a row. It may be a small school but it is great.

Posted August 26, 2014
Wonderful school! Superb music program! Teachers care for the academic success of each student. I believe my children are very well prepared for high school.

Posted August 25, 2014
Pennoyer is a great school to have your kids go to. The administration staff is great! I love the teachers. They work very closely with all kids. I love the families, we all know each other!

Posted August 25, 2014
I absolutely LOVE this school. The teachers are wonderful, the staff is very friendly and it's a great neighborhood school. I'm so happy that it's in my neighborhood. It's a clean and safe school with lots of happiness and kindness..

Posted August 25, 2014
a great place for children to learn. They have some great teachers & families. The technology they have is outstanding.

Posted August 25, 2014
We moved in this area just to go to Pennoyer School~ Great teachers~ Mrs. Miceli is a wonderful principal who puts the kids education first~

Posted August 25, 2014
Pennoyer has been like a second family to my kids. The teachers are always going above & beyond to help kids with difficulties and the parents are very welcoming at school events. The school is technologically advanced compared to other schools in the area..chrome books and iPads in every room and ebeams are used instead of chalkboards. Glad to be a part of this community.

Posted May 01, 2014
My wife has been the Music teacher at Pennoyer for over 15 years, and the I find unwavering support for the music program and advancement in technology, infrastructure and community relations in the face of economic hard times commendable.

Posted October 02, 2013
Great staff programs and principal. The school is an example of team work there everybody working together to achieve a common goal- the success of our children. I find the teachers to be very respondent to parents questions. I will recomend this school to other parent

Pennoyer Elementary School
5200 North Cumberland Avenue, Norridge, IL  60706
Last modified Pennoyer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pennoyer Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top