PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Each child is unique in their learning. My child was struggling in the traditional school. Self esteem was low, bored with the every day continuous worksheets, not finding purpose in what they were doing. Unfortunately, we tried our hardest to advocate for our child to makes things better at school, but it was not getting better. We moved our child to Spectrum for the last 2 months of school. On the 2nd day of attending Spectrum, my child was coming home happy, calm, positive, and talking non-stop about relevant exciting experiences they had in school. Spectrum took my child who had hit rock bottom and created a healthy, nurturing, respectful environment in which he could safely take risks, feel good about himself, and choose specific topics that he loved to learn about. This school is a gem. I am so thankful that there is a school out there that can nurture children to own their education and problem solve & use critical thinking skills every day. These skills will be priceless as they enter into high school and college. Thank you to the staff at Spectrum. You are doing a wonderful job nurturing our children. Because of you, my child is thriving. :-)

THIS SCHOOL IS NOT ACCREDITED!!!!!! All you end up doing is having to go get a GED. Thats a VERY expensive school to go to and not even get a diploma!!!!

We were looking for a school that fit all three of our children. We toured five private schools in the rockford area. When we went back to observe Spectrum (three times!), we were very welcomed by the staff. However, the kids did NOT notice us. They were so engrossed in what they were doing, that they didn't try and vie for our attention, as they did in our other "finalist" school (distracted/bored). The staff is very caring and kind. There aren't any grades in this school, there are progress reports. Lengthy progress reports. Which, are great because they are VERY detailed and provide plenty of feedback on your child. More information than I ever got from our previous school, and prove that the teachers truly know your child. The kids in the upper grades take standardized tests every year, so if you are concerned about your child's progress, this is an additional tool to ease your mind. I could add much more, but my review is too long already. Check out the school for yourself. I can tell you, my kids have greatly benefitted from the multiple intelligence style of learning in many ways. Think creativity paired with practicality.

Yesterday I went to my daughter's school's All School Sharing. It was the last one for the year and at the end the teachers did this. I TOTALLY love this school! As the school year comes to a close I am happy to say that moving my daughter out of public school and to a private school was the ABSOLUTE BEST decision we could have made! It obvious that the teachers truly LOVE their jobs. Thank you everyone (teachers, staff, parents, and students) for welcoming us with open arms! It has been an amazing year for us even with all we went through. I truly believe my daughter would not have had the same amount of support (if any) if she was any where else, or me for that matter. I have made and built some amazing friendships that I feel so incredibly blessed! There is something soooooo special about this school that is indescribable.... It really is a big family.

Spectrum Progressive offers a unique curriculum, based on solid evidence, encouraging life long learning skills, creativity, leadership development, and social development. The teachers are loving, innovative, and dedicated. Student assessment is very personal and descriptive, reflecting the depth of the relationship between teachers and students. Spectrum prepares students to be highly productive members of the community. We have one student at Spectrum currently. Our second, attended Spectrum through middle school. We have been extremely pleased with their experience. Spectrum. Is a great community asset.

This is our first year at Spectrum and my son loves it! The teachers are wonderful and the smaller class sizes are ideal. I also love the way the older kids help the younger ones.

I have had my 9 year old in Spectrum since preschool and have never regretted my decision. I wanted a school that my girls would be happy to attend each day. The teachers are all compassionate, caring and supportive. The Parent Club is a great way to meet parents who have had their children in Spectrum. Alumni often come back and talk about their successes.

Every kid should have a school like this. Every teacher should have a school like this to work at. It's amazing to see what our kids can do when given access to what they need instead of what a test requires. I've never seen so many truly happy thriving kids in one place. I'm so grateful to have found Spectrum. It's been great for our whole family.

Spectrum is a non-traditional school that allows children to be themselves and where individual learning styles are recognized and respected. In the early education levels children are allowed to play freely during "work time" or "project time". They decide what to work with and how and then they reflect on it which is important for actual learning to happen. At every level the students are engaged so they learn instead of memorizing something for a test or just doing a bunch of worksheets. Both of my boys are self-directed learners in and out of school and although it has been an investment financially it has been without question the best decision we have made regarding our children. My kids have enjoyed going to school everyday and after attending Spectrum for K-8 my oldest is now in high school where he takes all honors classes and does very well. The environment is very family friendly and there is lots of parent involvement. It has been a very positive experience for our family.

We love everything about Spectrum! The environment allows each child to become a self-directed learner. My child loves going to school everyday!

Last modified Spectrum School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12