PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Even though the teachers are awesome, there is usually less communication between the school and parents. If you try to call the office, the responding lady is super busy to listen to your request. Also, the school has no standards or criteria for admission. Irrespective of what age the kid is or what time he/she is enrolling in the class, they will allow it.

I had three children attend St. Colette over a 12 year period. First pre-k through 5th grade I do not believe a parent could ask for better: small classes, caring teachers, and an involved parent community. Your child will learn, and be a part of a caring community. In the grades of 6-8, the school does lack many of the resources available in the public schools. But the core education is still solid, and that is proven by the high performance of St. Colette students in H.S. One of my children had special needs, and had to attend the public system for half of his years (Willow Bend and Central Road), so I was exposed to both systems. For K-8, the focus must be core education, and building strong young identities St. Colette excels in these important tasks.

THis school is so GHETTO that i hurl when i look at it. BTW 008 whatvere that means

Not sure who saw what with the principal grabbing a child but that is NUTSO!!! Unless that child was in harms way, she would never do anything of the sort. She is a very dedicate principal, coach, and teacher. My children LOVE this school! The teachers are SO dedicated. The parent involvement EXCELLENT!

The principal is just awful. How her higher ups allow her to treat the children the way she does is beyond me... yelling and screaming while she's teaching, grabbing them by the arm, etc. She should be fired.

St. Colette IS THE MOST AMAZING SCHOOL EVER!! I can't say enough great things about this school. I have help in recruiting efforts! I only sing the praises in the products I most believe in and I believe St. Colette! The teachers are the most hard working, dedicated, compassionate, and they go way above and beyond the call of duty!! My oldest daughter has florished at this school!! My 8 year old has be learned so much and I believe she will go are far thanks to the attention she receives from her teacher! I have one in preschool and her vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds while she is attending St. Colette. I can't wait to have my baby at St. Colette! I especially love the principal! She is the most caring and compassionate person I have ever met. If you are a highly opinionated person use to be in charge and not working well in teams then yes you will have a hard time with the principal. Otherwise, she does a great job and gives the school so much of herself.

My child is far from graduating, but I'm not looking forward to that day. I'm going to miss this school, especially the teachers, so much! I've only been here a few years, but so far I've liked every teacher-they are great at sending out newsletters, returning calls, responding to emails (even on weekends). 003

The school community is the best aspect of St. Colette. The teachers, staff, and principle really care about the individual growth of each student. The classes themselves grow very close because classmates stay together in each grade. The kids who play with blocks together in kindergarten eventually become lab partners in science classes in 7th grade. The curriculum is standard, with additional classes on Catholicism, Catholic values, tolerance, and world religions. Compared to other schools in the area, St. Colette's mathematics program is not as rigorous. Foreign language courses are introduced into the curriculum at sixth grade, one year earlier than local public schools. This is good, however the rigor of the foreign language program itself is weak. Teachers will provide additional instruction and tutoring to those students who wish to advance above and beyond the national average (or whose parents make such advancement a priority), free of charge. Again, the personal interest in each student is evident, and the success of each student is of highest priority.

I have been here 6 years and I love it ever since. It is the greatest school for every one. I like all the assemblys and funraisings we have at St. Colette. Trackathon and field day are the best activities I like. I look forward in to finish 8th grade. 003

I went to St. Colette for 9-yrs and remember begging my parents to let me go to a pubilc junior high... looking back I'm glad they didn't. Since St. Colette is a smaller school, the teachers were much more attentive to EACH student when compared to the public schools in the area. Here students are forced to get along and work together because of its size and its influence on the community. Today I am an engineer and use teamwork every day. I know that in schools today, bullying is a major issue. I don't believe that is something that can ever be completely done away with (lets face it, kids are mean) but I felt that at St. Colette it was definitely taken very seriously by the staff members. I was definitely disciplined for some of my misconduct toward other students, as I should have been. In addition to being disciplined, good moral behavior was ALWAYS re-enforced and that was important for me in understanding acceptance of anothers differences. Its true that St. Colette is a bit out-dated, but where it lacks in the technological equipment.. it more than makes up for in true desire to educate the students. 003

Last modified St Colette School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8